bealestpatron

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Hey All,

This is my first post. I am looking at a 2018 JL Sport Unlimited with the 2.0L Auto Transmission, Hard Top, and Tow Package. The sticker MSRP is $38,525. I believe the invoice is somewhere around $35,200 (Got this from a price sheet on this forum). The dealer is asking $32,729 (plus tags, taxes, fees, etc). Just wondering with it being so late and the 2020's coming out eventually, is this something I could expect to get much more off?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited:

Szy_szka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango
Some folks on the forum have recommended shooting for the 20% off the sticker for any leftover 2018s. Whether you will be able to convince the dealer to sell you the car at that price is anyone guess: some were able to pull that off and some are still reporting considerable resistance. Based on the number of 2018 still on the lots I personally feel that we are bound to finally have the dealers cave and start selling those at a significant discount.

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
OTD for 33k and you will sign, otherwise walk out.
Don't play their game and waste hours at a dealer.
Deals are out there on 18s.

mrchase1

First Name
Gilberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl wrangler 2019
Some folks on the forum have recommended shooting for the 20% off the sticker for any leftover 2018s. Whether you will be able to convince the dealer to sell you the car at that price is anyone guess: some were able to pull that off and some are still reporting considerable resistance. Based on the number of 2018 still on the lots I personally feel that we are bound to finally have the dealers cave and start selling those at a significant discount.
I am seeing over 20% here in GA

Sponsored

OP
OP
bealestpatron

bealestpatron

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Funny enough, since posting this I’ve found two different dealerships advertising the same setup (different color) for 20% off MSRP in my area. I tried to negotiate for the original one and they wouldn’t budge. Walked on that one. Going to go to one of the other two dealers in the next day or two.

OP
OP
bealestpatron

bealestpatron

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Alright. Got a dealer to agree to $30,850 (sticker price was $39,610 - $7,639 - 500 = $31,471).
Sponsored