2018 JL sport power door locks

Gina

First Name
GiGi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport
I took my wrangler sport to a local shop to have keyless entry added, as well as auto lights. Everything came to $699 installed plus tax. I also had remote start put in for an additional $200. A friend owns the shop and did this for me, so I think it would’ve been a lot more money if he hadn’t discounted his labor so much
Sponsored

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
It cost $270-300 for the power latches for power locks and around $800-900 for the all parts needed to do the power windows. Then you have to buy a wires. I bought the wire color that the wiring diagram shows and the correct pins to insert to the appropriate connector. That cost me around $100. It was costly but it turned out great. Since I inserted pins to the OEM connectors when I'm taking the doors off I'm still only taking that single connector off not multiple. If someone needs a parts list message me. I believe I still have everything in a word file. Also another thing to note is that body harness is already wired to run power locks and power windows to the rear doors and swing gate. Basically you only need to run wires for the front two doors.
Nice.I wish i would have gone that route early on but at the time I had my JL there wasn’t much info out etc. Oh well. I no longer have it but I still come on here to answer questions on my power lock write-up. GOod work everyone.

Taggerz

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport
It cost $270-300 for the power latches for power locks and around $800-900 for the all parts needed to do the power windows. Then you have to buy a wires. I bought the wire color that the wiring diagram shows and the correct pins to insert to the appropriate connector. That cost me around $100. It was costly but it turned out great. Since I inserted pins to the OEM connectors when I'm taking the doors off I'm still only taking that single connector off not multiple. If someone needs a parts list message me. I believe I still have everything in a word file. Also another thing to note is that body harness is already wired to run power locks and power windows to the rear doors and swing gate. Basically you only need to run wires for the front two doors.

Any chance I can get a copy of the parts list? Would appreciate it! I just want to do door locks on a base sport, not windows.

tpaxia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU, JLR
It looks like a nice solution, especially if one could use some door lock switches instead of changing the entire panel... Could you post your part list please? In particular, I don't understand why 68250661AC (from the other power locks thread) is way more expensive than the other latches...

Did you actually get the speed sensitive locks and fobik working?

Thank you!

Last edited:

Sponsored

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
Sorry to resurrect an old thread...

I'm looking to reuse the OEM door lock/unlock switch with a non-OEM controller. From what I can see, the OEM switch has four wires; two wires are for the illumination, it looks like one wire is the input from the BCM (which routes through the latch?), and the last wire is the return/output back to the BCM. I guess this means the BCM sends "something" into the switch and the switch sends "something" back to the BCM? These input and output wires correspond to pin 5 and 17 on the XY600A door disconnect plug.

My goal is to read the switch status from an Arduino, which will drive two relays to reverse the polarity and actuate the power locks. If anyone has fiddled with that door lock switch (or is smart enough to probe those two pins on a door they have to know what they do?), I would be grateful! I already cut a hole in my door card for the switch before I realized that this was not a simple switch :(

sjgjeep

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Hey,
I’m new here.
Just bought a 2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport and want to add power door locks and remote start.
Is there an order I should do these or can I combine the two using a single controller unit?
Any help would greatly appreciated...

FK8_Hoonigan

First Name
Felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport, 2021 Civic Type R
I found some conflicting info online about using the remote start. By reading some other posts, it appears the kit is really just a new set of FOBs that are then programmed with the car, which then send signals to the doors to unlock. But when you look the PN online, description says another module kit is needed to make it work, so i dont quite follow is buying remote start will even work. Im so confused.
Sponsored