2018 JL sport power door locks

jbowe21

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport
Did you ever make a video for this? Definitely going to try this! Now for the windows...
Sponsored

stkbone

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL Sport
If anyone is interested, I have both front door harnesses which are wired for power heated mirrors, power door locks, power windows. These were pulled out of my JLUS when I upgraded to harnesses that support blind spot detection (WIP). I have the mirror jumpers, but no others.

Also have power heated mirrors available.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/fs-oem-power-heated-mirrors-and-harnesses.18560/
Howdy RocketScientist -- I'm interested in the door harnesses. I have a brand new "Sport" with power nothing. Ordering the factory power door lock latches.

winkopp

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
I have the doors in, but have been unable to get the tailgate to work. I think I might need to buy a latch for the tailgate. I have a 2019 2 Door. Is there an easy way to figure out if it has a tailgate power latch installed already or not? It does have a 4 pin connector already that does not need to be replaced.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
If it has all 4 wires going into it, it should be the Power Latch. where are you trying to tap into it?

winkopp

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
It does have 4 wires at the latch. I tapped into the two unused wires. I thought the other two wires were for the door open logic. The two wires I tapped into were Green/white and green/brown (I think from memory).

I check to make sure the other two wires are for door open logic, and they are.

20190124_171519.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

winkopp

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
I pulled the swing gate latch to check the part number. It is different from the part others have installed,
68282968AA

The part on my 2019 jeep is: 68283296AA, so I am going to order the new latch.

20190125_095505.jpg

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
Maybe the 2018's had a overabundance of latches that they used the power ones for the rears. Or maybe because yours is a 2 door. Who knows what FCA Does.

winkopp

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
Well it seems the "Latch-swing gate" part number 68282968AA is no longer available any where in the country. My order at mymoparparts.com was cancelled. If anyone knows of another part number that will work or knows where to get the part please let me know. I got the other latches from mymoparparts without any problems, except some delays.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
The part just updated probably. Maybe someone with Mopar service account can check on correct part by looking up a model from sport S or Sahara.

Sponsored

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
Tell dealer to look up part by checking the vin from a Sahara or Sport S with factory power locks.

Also, I’ve debated putting switch on driver door too. How much were those parts?

kdotv23

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLU Sport
Tell dealer to look up part by checking the vin from a Sahara or Sport S with factory power locks.

Also, I’ve debated putting switch on driver door too. How much were those parts?
They installed a universal switch right by the driver door handle. They charged me 10 for the switch and another $20 for labor. I'll snap a pic and post here tomorrow. I'm sure they could have done an OEM switch if I had ordered one. But I didn't want to wait for it. It came out pretty good so I'm happy with it. They installed quick disconnects on all 4 doors as well.

Total was $460 for labor and misc supplies.

Tragdor

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Vehicle Showcase
That install is very clean! Can you please shoot over the links for the universal switches used?
Sponsored