sstuner

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I finally put on a Mopar lift on my Sahara. Before and after measurements showed a net gain of 3 inch front/3 1/2 inch rear increase. I was really hoping for the advertised 2 inch, but I'll take it. Did get the dreaded "Service Electronic Stability Control" error on the dash but quickly remedied it with adjustment of 1/4 turn on the draglink bar. Also, had to install front and rear adjustable track bars, I used the Rancho ones (Front pn RS62128/Rear RS62131). to fix the suspension offset, Mine front was 7/8 and rear was 3/4 offset. So far happy, but still need to let the suspension settle and recheck/tighten everything before taking in for a front end alignment. BTW, the stock BFG 285s/Rubicon wheels look small, so planning on replacing the tires with BFG 315.
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I finally put on a Mopar lift on my Sahara. Before and after measurements showed a net gain of 3 inch front/3 1/2 inch rear increase. I was really hoping for the advertised 2 inch, but I'll take it. Did get the dreaded "Service Electronic Stability Control" error on the dash but quickly remedied it with adjustment of 1/4 turn on the draglink bar. Also, had to install front and rear adjustable track bars, I used the Rancho ones (Front pn RS62128/Rear RS62131). to fix the suspension offset, Mine front was 7/8 and rear was 3/4 offset. So far happy, but still need to let the suspension settle and recheck/tighten everything before taking in for a front end alignment. BTW, the stock BFG 285s/Rubicon wheels look small, so planning on replacing the tires with BFG 315.
Alignment not necessary with Mopar lift. You already straightened the steering wheel, and centered your axles, just double check toe, that’s all there is. Unless your ocd demands it, which I totally understand, save your money for more mods.......:)

OP
OP
sstuner

sstuner

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Roky, I'll check the "toe". Thank you

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
... Before and after measurements showed a net gain of 3 inch front/3 1/2 inch rear increase. I was really hoping for the advertised 2 inch, but I'll take it....
I believe the advertised 2" lift height is based on the increase over the standard Rubicon suspension height. So with Saharas and Sports the gain is usually 3"+

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Roky, I'll check the "toe". Thank you
No problem ....... one other thing if you stay 3” or higher after break in, you might get some adjustable lcas, or control arm geometry brackets to increase your caster, to help minimize wandering. The arms that come with the lift, aren’t long enough to be effective over 2” of lift. Just something to think about, if you notice it wandering on highway at higher speeds.

Sponsored

OP
OP
sstuner

sstuner

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Roky, I'll check the caster in the morning. As far as I can find on this forum, there is a builtin 6 degree caster from the factory. Will be checking at the ball joints and the spreader holes and verify for 0 degrees. If off, then I will purchase some adjustable LCA. Thanks again.

Scarr2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Got a mopar 2” lift and added 37” tires and had the alignment completed after the lift/wheels/tires installed. I measured right after and looks like my front suspension offset is nearly an inch more to the drivers side. I’m assuming I can grab an adjustable trackbar to correct this?

OP
OP
sstuner

sstuner

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Scarr2k, yes you'll need front and rear adjustable track bars or you can use drop down brackets which may or may not get you dialed in side to side.

Scarr2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Scarr2k, yes you'll need front and rear adjustable track bars or you can use drop down brackets which may or may not get you dialed in side to side.
Appreciate it.
Sponsored