First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara 4x4 JL
Occupation
Software Engineer
Curious if anyone has experienced this. Yesterday my 2018 JL Sahara's Dash went blank after starting it. I turned it off and back on with no resolve. I have seen this happen intermittently with the 7" Stereo, but it does not persist. I have never taken it to the dealer to have them look into it. Not even sure how I would have them troubleshoot that. However, the dash going blank is a totally different issue even intermittent. The analog gauges worked, but nothing else did. After my drive home Iet the Jeep sit for 30 minutes and started it up again. The Dash worked, so this is an intermittent issue.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2018 JL Sahara Dash Cluster Went Blank blank_dash
Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Curious if anyone has experienced this. Yesterday my 2018 JL Sahara's Dash went blank after starting it. I turned it off and back on with no resolve. I have seen this happen intermittently with the 7" Stereo, but it does not persist. I have never taken it to the dealer to have them look into it. Not even sure how I would have them troubleshoot that. However, the dash going blank is a totally different issue even intermittent. The analog gauges worked, but nothing else did. After my drive home Iet the Jeep sit for 30 minutes and started it up again. The Dash worked, so this is an intermittent issue.

blank_dash.jpeg
The 2018s experience all sort of potential electrical issues. Could be battery, could be software or could be the computer. Iā€™m dealing with a slew of them myself. The only thing you can do by yourself is probably to check that all your fuses are properly seated. (Push then all in).

Keep record of it on video and if it persists bring it in to have the dealer look at it.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL

Jeep Wrangler JL 2018 JL Sahara Dash Cluster Went Blank blank_dash
Hi Mickey,
We're sorry to hear about your experience. Should you decide to have your dealer take a look, please feel free to send our team a private message if you would like any additional support throughout their dealer visit.
Alex
Jeep Cares

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Did you ever get this resolved? Mine has done this twice.

chachimcnacho

First Name
Chachi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Same here. Happened briefly last week and just happened again today. Will post when I get resolved and wondering if anyone else has resolved. Thanks.

Sponsored

correfe

First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JEEP JL SAHARA UNLIMITED
Same here. Happened briefly last week and just happened again today. Will post when I get resolved and wondering if anyone else has resolved. Thanks.
Did you ever get this fixed ?

correfe

First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have changed the main battery to something battery, but have since disconnected the AUX because it died on me for a second time and it was out of warranty repair.

Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I have changed the main battery to something battery, but have since disconnected the AUX because it died on me for a second time and it was out of warranty repair.
Did your problem start after doing that? Regardless, I would probably try a new aux battery to see if that sorts the problem out. Why did you disconnect it?

correfe

First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did your problem start after doing that? Regardless, I would probably try a new aux battery to see if that sorts the problem out. Why did you disconnect it?
AUX battery had died and to prevent the main from draining I disconnected it. Itā€™s a known issue because of the different size and capacities.
it also helps eliminating start stop.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
AUX battery had died and to prevent the main from draining I disconnected it. Itā€™s a known issue because of the different size and capacities.
it also helps eliminating start stop.
Yes, I know all about that. Not sure I agree that it's a better solution than what engineers came up with though.

Regardless. I would replace it and see if that sorts out your issue.

chachimcnacho

First Name
Chachi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Yes. When the dash went totally out. Jeep replaced under warranty (at the time, no longer under warranty so this better not happen again :CWL:)
Sponsored