2018 JL SAHARA 2.0L

clemson

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JEEP JL SAHARA UNLIMITED
Has anyone cracked the code on how to UPDATE the NAV System…UCONNECT wants to send me a CD. no CD on this car….
Sponsored

JO DYRT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.clickonpc.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
IT Professional
Vehicle Showcase
My 2018, is in for service. Keep getting random XM radio "No Service/Contact Dealer" error. It will go off for days then stay on for days.

Dealer said today, there is a internal error and they are ordering a new radio. Hope it comes fully updated.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Has anyone cracked the code on how to UPDATE the NAV System…UCONNECT wants to send me a CD. no CD on this car….
There is no magic code to updating.

You need to update via USB. UConnect will send the update on USB (it will likely still be outdated), however you can do it yourself.

Read through the following thread:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...the-latest-version-without-bricking-it.82442/

Most on here will tell you that the map upgrades are still outdated and not worth the cost. Connect your phone and use Android Auto or CarPlay depending on what phone type you have.

jaardappel

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Nomad, dog-father, Jeep enthusiast
There is no magic code to updating.

You need to update via USB. UConnect will send the update on USB (it will likely still be outdated), however you can do it yourself.

Read through the following thread:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...the-latest-version-without-bricking-it.82442/

Most on here will tell you that the map upgrades are still outdated and not worth the cost. Connect your phone and use Android Auto or CarPlay depending on what phone type you have.
I second this. I paid big bucks for the first (I have a '21) UConnect Nav update after I bought my Jeep, but quickly realized that CarPlay is way better. AND....that I can still use the built-in Nav should I need it for some archaic reason. I wish I'd put the $ I spent in the UConnect update towards something else on the Jeep. Good points you made.

OP
OP
clemson

clemson

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JEEP JL SAHARA UNLIMITED
Thanks for the inputs

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Some of the built-in Nav diehards claim that it has detailed trails. I tested that the last time that I was rock crawling and it just showed that I was in the middle of a forest.

Just use Android Auto or Car Play. The user interface rendered on your UConnect is significantly better than the built-in Nav, it's always as up to date as possible, and it knows about traffic conditions.

OnX OffRoad or something similar when hitting the trails.
Sponsored