2018 JL Rubicon Tires/Flares

donseeley

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
New to the forum and new 2018 Rubicon JL owner. I had a 2.5 suspension lift done so I can add 35's. problem are the tires stick out to far from the stock flares. I'm about a 1.5 inches off. This is illegal in New Hampshire and I can't find anyone that sales aftermarket flares for Jl's yet. Anyone have a suggestion here?
Sponsored

jmill012

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392XR, 22 Model 3 Performance, 22 Wagoneer
Illegal in MD too however dealers sell them this way and cops have better things to worry about. Maybe take a wait and see approach before spending cash on new flares. Worse case you get an inspection ticket and look for flares then.

OP
OP

donseeley

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Yeah that's what the dealer told me to do. worst case i can change the tires back to the 33's every year before i get inspected. just a pain in the ass. Thanks for the input

jmill012

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392XR, 22 Model 3 Performance, 22 Wagoneer
Or ask your dealer to do the annual inspection with the way it sits now. I mean if they told you not to worry they shouldn't worry inspecting it; especially if you have the 33s "just in case".

Sponsored

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Itā€™s illegal in BC too which is why I am currently using stock wheels on my rubi.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
If you didn't say your location, I would never think that you were talking about America. What freedom....

OP
OP

donseeley

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
I would hope cops have better things to do then bust our balls over tires but you never know. The dealership won't pass it unless I have the stock tires on but they'll pay to have the new wheel/tire package put on offsite afterwards. How Jeep didn't think of this beforehand is beyond me. 3-4 months until aftermarket flares are available for JL's.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 JT
I would hope cops have better things to do then bust our balls over tires but you never know. The dealership won't pass it unless I have the stock tires on but they'll pay to have the new wheel/tire package put on offsite afterwards. How Jeep didn't think of this beforehand is beyond me. 3-4 months until aftermarket flares are available for JL's.
Actually, letā€™s hope that the cops DONā€™T have more serious things to do. That would mean you live in a city with a low crime rate. After all, the cops didnā€™t create that law, did they? If your tires/wheels are sticking out too far and you have to pass inspection, you picked the wrong wheels for your application.

Sponsored

OP
OP

donseeley

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
That's what I thought but the dealer said a thinner wheel wouldn't help. Doing some investigating tomorrow. I live in NH......no city life in my parts.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 JT
You donā€™t need a ā€œthinnerā€ wheel, but a wheel with the proper offset is crucial if you need it to stay under the flare.

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
New to the forum and new 2018 Rubicon JL owner. I had a 2.5 suspension lift done so I can add 35's. problem are the tires stick out to far from the stock flares. I'm about a 1.5 inches off. This is illegal in New Hampshire and I can't find anyone that sales aftermarket flares for Jl's yet. Anyone have a suggestion here?
I thought New Hampshire was the live free or die state.

OP
OP

donseeley

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
It is......except for tires I guess. Luckily the dealer alerted me before they completed the build. Making some calls tomorrow about what Renegade had to say about the offset.
Sponsored