Scott2.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I mentioned it already

MSRP was $39,745 - OTD of $32,500 :)

Taxes were 6.25% and fees were around like $300 for here in Texas
I only saw where you mentioned the OTD price, which doesn’t translate to those outside your locality. So, you got it for $30,100.

Szy_szka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango
I mentioned it already

Thank you very much for this information! This is truly great as it confirms that dealers should be able to discount those leftover 2018s more and more as the time goes by.

Based on the Jeep's own inventory search (grew to really appreciate this feature!) there are 102 JL Unlimited models with 3.6 engine and automatic transmission within 75 miles of my location. This number grows to 265 when I expand the search to within 150 miles!

Is this only indicative of the additional discounts one can expect to score on those technically one year old model SUVs?

Nospleen

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F160
I mentioned it already

What dealer? I'm in Texas and will drive anywhere in the state for this deal. Nice job!

Deriggs007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU SportS
Occupation
Radiologist
Thank you very much for this information! This is truly great as it confirms that dealers should be able to discount those leftover 2018s more and more as the time goes by.

Based on the Jeep's own inventory search (grew to really appreciate this feature!) there are 102 JL Unlimited models with 3.6 engine and automatic transmission within 75 miles of my location. This number grows to 265 when I expand the search to within 150 miles!

Is this only indicative of the additional discounts one can expect to score on those technically one year old model SUVs?
The site isn't always accurate. It is best to search for dealerships within your mile radius and see what is exactly on the lot. Here in the San Antonio area, there was only one JL with a premium soft top within 100 miles that was with a decent price. I wanted to cut costs and opted for the softtop over the hardtop as the hardtops added about $3000 to the price of the vehicle, pushing my budget out of what I wanted.

They did have quite a few Hard tops left in the sport package.

Honestly, what is stopping FIAT from holding off on releasing the 2020's to build? Or not starting to build them until later in the year, or... closer to the actual 2020 year?

Sponsored

Deriggs007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU SportS
Occupation
Radiologist
What dealer? I'm in Texas and will drive anywhere in the state for this deal. Nice job!
I used San Antonio Dodge. The reason I got a good price is that they also tried to add a bunch of dealer options and also threw in some false charges that I know didn't exist.

They wanted about $1000 for dealer options and $1000 in a "lease tax" for getting out of my lease. They said that if you trade in a lease, I have to pay some lease tax or some bull crap. I was going there to trade in 2 vehicles, but they low-balled on both of them (To recoup the price they were offering for the Jeep) - I threw a curve ball at them and decided to not trade either of them in and told them I will purchase for $32,500 if they waived the dealer options and which means no trade = no lease tax BS they came up with which dropped the price from $35,000 to $33,000 plus the military discount of $500.

Also, I was at the dealership for over 6 hours.... it was Memorial day though. It was probably one of the hardest sales, but I stuck my ground lol.

Honestly, if you want the best deals in Texas, go to Nyle Maxwell or Covert in Austin. Covert is a straight shooter and very easy to deal with. Nyle doesn't add dealer options and "Will beat any prices around" - they're just super busy and hard to work with remotely unless you visit the dealership.

Now, I don't really ever recommend telling a dealership your "budget" but a tip is if you can figure out what your APR will be (if you use their banking) and then do simple maths of price of vehicle + apr etc, then Covert can work around those numbers to get you into a jeep of your price as long as it's not some super lowball by moving the numbers around for the bank. Eg, putting downpayment or other things into the 'rebate' fields you qualify for (which effects taxes for example) and ultimately just dig a bit deeper on the discount of the vehicle.

I bought my Ram 1500 from them and I played that tactic with the GM there and ultimately was great. They cut deeper into the price of the truck if I got priced to finance with them, but they were open and honest and told me upfront that I could just turn around and refinance, but they still get the credit which is essentially how they made money then.

It's all a game, learn to play it and learn to play them and you'll be better off. I always walk in and tell the salesrep that I grew up around the dealership industry, and that my brother runs a small dealership in my home town as we're test driving ( I don't have a brother). I also tell them, they're out to make money and I've done countless hours of research and know what is and isn't a good price. Let's just make this an easy experience or I'll take the business elsewhere.

Usually cuts out all the BS stuff for the most part, except for finance, they will always try to get you lol

Bri1275

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I've been watching this thread. Think I'm likely to make the jump next month when I get back from a work trip. Some good advertised deals for '18 Saharas and there are still a whole lot of them out there within a reasonable drive. Hoping to see a few more mark downs in July maybe around the 4th. I'm trading a '16 F150 Supercrew so that complicates matters just a bit but I'm willing to be patient as still a lot of existing '18 Sahara inventory and I'm pretty flexible when it comes to options and colors.

RMD_23

First Name
abdullah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Sahara
I've been watching this thread. Think I'm likely to make the jump next month when I get back from a work trip. Some good advertised deals for '18 Saharas and there are still a whole lot of them out there within a reasonable drive. Hoping to see a few more mark downs in July maybe around the 4th. I'm trading a '16 F150 Supercrew so that complicates matters just a bit but I'm willing to be patient as still a lot of existing '18 Sahara inventory and I'm pretty flexible when it comes to options and colors.
In your opinion, what do you think is a good price for a '18 Sahara? I'm actually looking for one too, and wondering what's a good deal for it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Memphis Peej

Memphis Peej

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot, Acura TSX, 2019 Moab!!!
Great deal and congrats! Are you ordering or is it stock? Can you share the dealer...salesperson?
Yes. I live in Memphis and bought my Jeep about as far away as I could, in Spokane, Washington. The dealership was Lithia CJDR of Spokane.

My sales person was Jonathon Berger and I also dealt with Christopher George who is a sales manager. Very friendly and nice, but a little slow on the paperwork.

MSRP was &57, 280 and I got it for $49K. Had every option I wanted! Just waiting for it to arrive now. This wait will test my patience.

lonz

First Name
Lonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order Jeep Wrangler JL
In your opinion, what do you think is a good price for a '18 Sahara? I'm actually looking for one too, and wondering what's a good deal for it.
You want to be at 20% off of MSRP for any remaining 2018, since remaining 2018's have hit the 2-year depreciation cycle.

RMD_23

First Name
abdullah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Sahara
You want to be at 20% off of MSRP for any remaining 2018, since remaining 2018's have hit the 2-year depreciation cycle.
Has anyone gotten 20% off msrp on remaining 2018's? Would dealers actually sell you for 20% off msrp?

CRFTony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler JKU
I'm considering an '18 too. Would have to be a great deal though since '20s are just around the corner.

Firemadz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Battalion Chief
Has anyone gotten 20% off msrp on remaining 2018's? Would dealers actually sell you for 20% off msrp?
I got a little more than 20% on an 18 Sahara 3 weeks ago.
Sponsored