Memphis Peej

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot, Acura TSX, 2019 Moab!!!
I had a local dealer send me this,

“i figured id try to help you save the endless negotiations. any wrangler i have, invoice less holdback, save some time and just pick one out.”

This was for a 2018.

Curious what y’all think?

Pj
Sponsored

Scott2.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Hard pass. You can do much better even on a new, ordered one. Some of the dealers on the list are offering up to 8% below invoice.

alingo2001

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
I was just looking at an 18 JLU sport that MSRP was $45,125 and they were down to $38,075. Not sure what the invoice was.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)

“i figured id try to help you save the endless negotiations. any wrangler i have, invoice less holdback, save some time and just pick one out.”

This was for a 2018.

Pj
That's a bad deal.

Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Horrible deal. That comes out to a couple grand under sticker. On a 2018, which is almost 2 model years old, I would expect around 20% under sticker.

Scott2.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Horrible deal. That comes out to a couple grand under sticker. On a 2018, which is almost 2 model years old, I would expect around 20% under sticker.
I agree that it's not a good deal, but it's not just "a couple grand under sticker". It's 3% under invoice. HB is typically right around 3% of the invoice.

shutamouth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase

This was for a 2018.

Pj
As stated, you should be able to order a 20 for a grand less. That said, doesn’t hurt to respond with: I don’t want to negotiate either, would you take $x? I like to be upfront with what I’m looking to pay, so I give them the right to refuse.

lonz

First Name
Lonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order Jeep Wrangler JL
Agreed. 20%+ off of MSRP is the target price for any remaining 2018's, especially since the 2020's are right around the corner, which means all remaining 2018's will have hit 2 depreciation cycles.

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Moab (white)
I would look closely at what 18's are still available. The 19s began production Nov 1, which means any '18 Wranglers still on the lots are at least 7 months old. This likely means they have some unusual option configurations. Doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad thing - everyone has different needs and desires with their vehicle. But just make sure it's the right package that you want. Even with a great deal, any Wrangler is going to cost well over $30k - do you really want to spend that much money and then later really wish you had some additional option? Or realizing that you spent $1k on an option that you don't care about?

Sponsored

Deriggs007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU SportS
Occupation
Radiologist
I would look closely at what 18's are still available. The 19s began production Nov 1, which means any '18 Wranglers still on the lots are at least 7 months old. This likely means they have some unusual option configurations. Doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad thing - everyone has different needs and desires with their vehicle. But just make sure it's the right package that you want. Even with a great deal, any Wrangler is going to cost well over $30k - do you really want to spend that much money and then later really wish you had some additional option? Or realizing that you spent $1k on an option that you don't care about?

Partially accurate. 18's don't mean that they are all actually 7 months old. How it works is dealers also have certain inventory that is built/delivered throughout the year, it can take a full year just to get an 18 on your lot. It doesn't make a ton of sense to me, but it happens.

My Ram had the same thing happen. It showed as if it's already 8 months old from the pre-production date, but the vehicle wasn't built until February of this year. We picked up an 18 JLU Sport with a build date of March of this year with 34 miles on it.

OP
OP
Memphis Peej

Memphis Peej

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update: I clarified with the dealer what he said and he sent me an email stating that "he would get fired" if he sold me a jeep for the 14% below invoice. He said he would rather move the vehicle to his rental fleet and get cash back from Chrysler for doing so then sell it.

Needless to say I didn't buy it :)

But I just put down a deposit for 2019 Moab which had every feature I wanted!!!! So stoked!
(But not from his dealership!!!!))))

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Update: I clarified with the dealer what he said and he sent me an email stating that "he would get fired" if he sold me a jeep for the 14% below invoice. He said he would rather move the vehicle to his rental fleet and get cash back from Chrysler for doing so then sell it.

Needless to say I didn't buy it :)

But I just put down a deposit for 2019 Moab which had every feature I wanted!!!! So stoked!
(But not from his dealership!!!!))))
That dealer sucks but 14% below invoice is way more than most people here have been able to get. Are you saying you got your moab for 14% below?

OP
OP
Memphis Peej

Memphis Peej

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That dealer sucks but 14% below invoice is way more than most people here have been able to get. Are you saying you got your moab for 14% below?

I got my Moab for about 10.5% off invoice!
Sponsored