Sponsored

2018 JL Order Banks Close 7/19 (Some Trims Already Closed)

Thrive

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Dodge Durango R/T, 2007 Mercedes R63 AMG
Hi everybody,
I ordred my JLU Rubicon one month ago. Today my dealer called me, to told me that the LED lights option was not available anymore.
Did someone heard something about that?
Yesterday it was “yellow” or constrained. I hope it didn’t go unavailable as I’m ordering in the morning. Tried to finish today but my dealer gave me a face to face price yesterday then went back on it today to the tune of $700. Total garbage so I had to go to a dealer further away and my sales guy was off today but told me he would put order in tomorrow morning before it closes.
Sponsored

Hypalon Man

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Grand Charokee, 18JL, MB Sprinter 3500 based WGO Navion
What are the odds that there will be a price increase on the 19s?
I have a price quote from a Dealer for an 18, said he (Sales Manager) was going to order but he has been on vacation.
I would be happy with a 19 at the current quoted price on an 18 Sport S.
A 19 might show up by mid to late November if the current 8-10 week lead time holds?

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
What are the odds that there will be a price increase on the 19s?
I have a price quote from a Dealer for an 18, said he (Sales Manager) was going to order but he has been on vacation.
I would be happy with a 19 at the current quoted price on an 18 Sport S.
A 19 might show up by mid to late November if the current 8-10 week lead time holds?
They don’t start building the 19’s until 10/29 so November probably isn’t very likely.

However price increase is VERY likely. It just went up $500 a few weeks ago so hopefully it won’t change much more but they’ve already raised it I think 3 times since launch. No way they’re gonna waste a chance to raise it again.

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
They don’t start building the 19’s until 10/29 so November probably isn’t very likely.

However price increase is VERY likely. It just went up $500 a few weeks ago so hopefully it won’t change much more but they’ve already raised it I think 3 times since launch. No way they’re gonna waste a chance to raise it again.
Rubicon has been raised 1500 since March and destination charge has increased as well

Thrive

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered Sahara today with LEDs. Craig said they are restricted on stock orders but just constrained on sold orders so I will get them. Now just wondering if they’ve caught up and if they actually closed order banks today. No more orders coming in maybe they get it to me faster and maybe even a few of the 2019 changes make it in (if there are any that is)

Sponsored

Mtenna99

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Programmer
Clubs

Ordered Sahara today with LEDs. Craig said they are restricted on stock orders but just constrained on sold orders so I will get them. Now just wondering if they’ve caught up and if they actually closed order banks today. No more orders coming in maybe they get it to me faster and maybe even a few of the 2019 changes make it in (if there are any that is)
I went to my dealership yesterday and have asked serval other dealers about orders closing. They all keep telling me ordering after the 19th won’t be an issue...I guess we will see. I want a 2 door and I am not sure I can wait like the 2 doors had to do this year (aka I probably wouldn’t see it until next summer or later). Guess if it closes it’ll be a sign lol. Hope your Jeep comes fast!

NovaJeep68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited, 2015 JKU, 2012 JK (sold), 2011 JKUR (sold)
Ordered my Rubicon JLU today but dealer was not aware of orders closing. He did confirm that LED pkg was limited to sold orders for priority over normal dealer stock allocations.

Rockreid

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Jeep Wrangler Sahara

AwCrimety

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUS
Was just at my dealer, and he confirmed he can no longer order a 18.

The order I placed on June 29th is in BG.

Sponsored

Thrive

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered yesterday at noon. Nothing like last minute huh? Hoping it’s a 4-5 wk wait and not 8-10

Outwest970

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I connected with two Dennis Dillon associates today (one by phone, one by email) who both have said that 2018 orders are still open, so maybe there's a chance, will see!

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
I connected with two Dennis Dillon associates today (one by phone, one by email) who both have said that 2018 orders are still open, so maybe there's a chance, will see!
If you read the fine print on the document which says it closes on the 19th. It says there’s no guarantee of production for any order placed after the cutoff.

Not sure what happens. If it rolls into a 2019 or if it gets cancelled after you’ve waited 8 weeks.

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Yesterday it was “yellow” or constrained. I hope it didn’t go unavailable as I’m ordering in the morning. Tried to finish today but my dealer gave me a face to face price yesterday then went back on it today to the tune of $700. Total garbage so I had to go to a dealer further away and my sales guy was off today but told me he would put order in tomorrow morning before it closes.
scary...hope you get a LEGIT dealer...if not they could definitely try to take advantage of the situation...