Sponsored

2018 JL Order Banks Close 7/19 (Some Trims Already Closed)

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Tried to order yesterday and was told ordering is closed.
Same here. I was going to get a JKUR off the lot, but the numbers did not make sense. It was the same price as a JLUR for the most part. Local dealers are difficult with taking off the lot, so ordering is the best bet. I plan to go out of state due to all the fees here, and everywhere I called (local and out of state) said the banks finally closed.

Now just crossing fingers that the 2019 banks will open soon, and that BSG will not be required with the 3.6.
Sponsored

OP
OP
JAY

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

18MY Jeep Wrangler will only receive orders for the 2 Door Sport 28S, the 4 Door Sport 28B/28S and the 4 Door Sahara 23G/28G for the remainder of this order cycle.

(I presume "order cycle" to mean until September 12th when order banks re-open for the 19MY)

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
18MY Jeep Wrangler will only receive orders for the 2 Door Sport 28S, the 4 Door Sport 28B/28S and the 4 Door Sahara 23G/28G for the remainder of this order cycle.

(I presume "order cycle" to mean until September 12th when order banks re-open for the 19MY)
We’re so close!!!! PLEASE PLEASE let the orders open on the 12th. Jeep gods. We need you.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase

That’s great news that it may be only a week or so out. I have a dealer on standby for my order as soon as the banks open.

Scott from NC

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A mom Van, researching our next Wrangler
I am driving home from my local dealership. I had finally decided on ordering a Mojito JLUR. I have purchased my last 3 vehicles here and have been working with the sales manager for a week to get him close to the price of the dealers on the forum. He and I agreed on a price. He opened the configurator to build the jeep and only the turbo engine was available for the Rubicon.
He called his FCA rep who said they will be starting to take 2019 orders next week. I did not place an order. We will see if 2019s open in the next week and either order a non-mojito rubicon or trade for a mojito with another dealership.

Sponsored

LibertasJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ (former), JL (current)
VON gets assigned as soon as dealer submits the order, I think your dealer didn’t actually submit it and now he can’t because ordering is closed.
I learned this morning (9/1) that my order is in D1 status and I have a VIN. I also have an estimated ship date in the second week of September. Order placed 8/24. 24S with most options other than parking beeper package

thewise1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Turbo 2door Stingray Sport and 6cyl 4door White Sahara
... still waiting for 2018 from February (2018)...

thewise1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Turbo 2door Stingray Sport and 6cyl 4door White Sahara
One of the first to order sting-gray color at dealership on evening feb.28 and technically order went thru march.1 ... Vin was cloned over the summer and got new vin ... Has been sitting at inspection since july.2 ... No updates from fca just delivery TBD .. 2-door sport-s turbo loaded ... (The original vin came into the dealer 2weeks ago with road dirt underneath duct tape on hood and 50 miles on odometer - am waiting for fca's 2nd attempt - still).( Got price lock for both, my pick, or would have bailed by now) ... Moral - order earlier then later (?) ...... :)

Last edited:

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
One of the first to order sting-gray color at dealership on evening feb.28 and technically order went thru march.1 ... Vin was cloned over the summer and got new vin ... Has been sitting at inspection since july.2 ... No updates from fca just delivery TBD .. 2-door sport-s turbo loaded ... (The original vin came into the dealer 2weeks ago with road dirt underneath duct tape on hood and 50 miles on odometer - am waiting for fca's 2nd attempt - still).( Got price lock for both, my pick, or would have bailed by now) ... Moral - order earlier then later (?) ...... :)
Ah the infamous turbo delay. That really sucks. At least you got the pre increase pricing. Although I’d pay the money to not wait 7 months Lol

Sponsored

MAPC

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Formerly JK-U, JL-U awaiting production
Does anyone have any insight as to whether or not the Sky Roof will be orderable on Sept 12?