Sponsored

2018 JL , LED headlights - aftermarket available?

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
FYI Morimoto is coming out with adapter buckets that will fit all 7inch headlights for those of you that have/had JKs. It will also work on their Super7s and Sealed 7s. No confirmation if they have 9inch lights in the works.
Sponsored

Cledus601

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I replaced my DRL bulbs and turn signals on my 18’ JLU rubicon with xp80 bulbs and they work great. No hyperflash or anything. The only thing i can’t get it to work as drl. At night they go on with all lights but during the day they don’t work unless i turn the lights on by hand( knob to lights on) Any suggestions or assistance would be appreciated ty
I think it's a setting from the factory. If you didn't order leds then the fender lights don't actually light up as DRL. I didn't take the time before swapping over to LEDs to verify that they came on or not as DRL. Mine are the same as you mentioned. They do not come on unless I flip the switch the first turn.

Mr. Beef Chief

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
I have to agree with Wzabrouski, if the quake's were $150-200 cheaper I would have bought them. I went with an amazon brand with over 1000 positive reviews for less than 130 and a bracket for 130. Am I satisfied? Not completely but i'm not spending 600 on lights. I would have bought in at 450 and still thought you were price gouging at that price point but I would have been more than willing to support your first to the market efforts.
Can you post the link to the headlights and the bracket that you purchased? Thanks!

Sponsored

lookitsadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
While all these lights look good it's still disappointing a lot of manufacturer's are just creating adaptors for their 7in headlights instead of redesigning lights to be 9in to match the JL's OEM lights.

zachart96

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL Sport
Can you post the link to the headlights and the bracket that you purchased? Thanks!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KNXSIYS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.lifetimeledlights.com/led-lights/jl-headlight-adapter-jeep-wrangler-jl-7-headlight

I'll sell you mine and the h13 adapter for $210+shipping, they're ready to go, all you would have to do is remove the 3 screws for the stock housing and plug these in. the light is plenty bright. I just ordered the stock LEDs a few days ago

20181025_085235.jpg

jlsahara

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KNXSIYS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.lifetimeledlights.com/led-lights/jl-headlight-adapter-jeep-wrangler-jl-7-headlight

I'll sell you mine and the h13 adapter for $210+shipping, they're ready to go, all you would have to do is remove the 3 screws for the stock housing and plug these in. the light is plenty bright. I just ordered the stock LEDs a few days ago

20181025_085235.jpg
Where did you order the stock LED’s, from where and what part#?

hipfan39

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JK 2 door willys, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Welder
Vehicle Showcase
Just sharing for you non led guys....

D5B0E6D2-BE46-4D4C-A52C-E5127AF9100F.png

Sponsored

Freakshow

First Name
Davy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018- Wrangler JLUR, 2001- Ford F250 HD Crew V10
Vehicle Showcase
I think it's a setting from the factory. If you didn't order leds then the fender lights don't actually light up as DRL. I didn't take the time before swapping over to LEDs to verify that they came on or not as DRL. Mine are the same as you mentioned. They do not come on unless I flip the switch the first turn.
I have an 18 JLUR (non- LED) and my DRL's come on as soon as I release the E-brake. It took me noticing the front end on the reflection of a window I was parked in front of.

Cledus601

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I have an 18 JLUR (non- LED) and my DRL's come on as soon as I release the E-brake. It took me noticing the front end on the reflection of a window I was parked in front of.
Are we talking about the fender lights or the headlights? I was referencing the fender lights.

Freakshow

First Name
Davy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018- Wrangler JLUR, 2001- Ford F250 HD Crew V10
Vehicle Showcase
Are we talking about the fender lights or the headlights? I was referencing the fender lights.
Yep, I'm talking fender DRL's. They come on low when I first start the jeep up, then when I release the e-break, they come on brighter (or maybe addl lamp?). I also noticed, when you turn your blinker on, the side that blinks, drops the DRL while flashing.

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Another thing you can do is to order these JK led headlights: https://amzn.to/2ztjzcu if you don't want to spend hundreds and just have a garage install it for you. I'm sure there will be many JK to JL headlight conversion brackets coming out soon.
71eIAzro6LL._SL1000_.jpg
Sponsored