Sponsored

2018 JL , LED headlights - aftermarket available?

Jrauck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ
I completely understand why some think these are too expensive when comparing Quake to the cheap knockoffs on eBay and Amazon. This is not supply and demand pricing, this is what Quality parts and construction cost. Don't buy the cheap ones you will be replacing 3 months down the road because they do not work, condensation, or you get pulled over because the the beam pattern looks like its all over the place. The Vision X above in this tread are quality lights too. They cost about $750 a pair which is more than ours sell for the headlights and fog lights. Every time we open a new mold it may cost upwards of $100,000. Quakes lights have thousands of hours of Research and Development into them to be the only company that manufactures turn signals, direct plug ins, no codes when fenders are removed, excellent cuttoff lines on beam patterns etc. We were and have been working 80 hours a week to not only be first to market but also produce a quality product that people are even replacing their factory JL LEDs with. Quake does not allow our products to be sold on Amazon or eBay where many poor quality imitators give the LED business a bad name. Do you want to spend 50,000 on a Jeep and buy the cheapest lift kit that will wear out ball joints, track bars and give you death wobble? No it will cost you twice as much in the long run. Same goes with lights. Yes Quake LED lights have some cool innovative functions but the are built to perform and built to last.
While I'm sure this problem exists, I know multiple people that have aftermarket lights (all different brands) and they have yet to have these issues. I was running extremely cheap headlights in my TJ for over 2 years and never had a problem with them.
This is also not the same as buying the cheapest lift kit, as there are good quality kits that don't have a 4x multiple over the cheap kits out there. Maybe if you are comparing the most expensive vs. the cheapest. In that case though just because you purchase the most expensive kit out there, doesn't mean you are getting performance for the money. If you live that lifestyle you better have lots of $$$.

I think most people understand the difference in buying cheap Chinese knockoffs, vs. well made lights, but people also have their cutoff point. In the end you will find out with how many people are actually purchasing your product, but just from looking through this thread, a significant amount of people are not willing to spend $800 for headlights.

Teghogh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler jl sport
While I'm sure this problem exists, I know multiple people that have aftermarket lights (all different brands) and they have yet to have these issues. I was running extremely cheap headlights in my TJ for over 2 years and never had a problem with them.
This is also not the same as buying the cheapest lift kit, as there are good quality kits that don't have a 4x multiple over the cheap kits out there. Maybe if you are comparing the most expensive vs. the cheapest. In that case though just because you purchase the most expensive kit out there, doesn't mean you are getting performance for the money. If you live that lifestyle you better have lots of $$$.

I think most people understand the difference in buying cheap Chinese knockoffs, vs. well made lights, but people also have their cutoff point. In the end you will find out with how many people are actually purchasing your product, but just from looking through this thread, a significant amount of people are not willing to spend $800 for headlights.
Again I love how these guys compare their price with OEM manufactured leds designed with 10s if not 100s of engineers with huge R&D budget and efforts.

OBJLU

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Something must be wrong. I have a very similar set (ordered from another vendor) and mine are awesome. Way brighter than stock, very intense light, zero problems, and I still have never been flashed by oncoming traffic, even with my lift kit now installed.

Well, the reason a lot of people don't get stuff from the factory is because it DOESN'T save them money. If I had ordered the LED group (which I don't think is even available on Sport models) and the tow package, it would have cost me an additional $1,500. Rather than do that, I am using a LED bulb kit from 4x4truckleds.com and a tow package I bought from etrailer.com. Total spent? $280.

So I saved $1,220 and can tow whatever I want and I have headlight performance that I will put up against any $600-$800 full LED kit on the market.
Can you please link what you purchased for the LED headlights?

Sponsored

bmrrwolfe

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2005 Grand Cherokee
Yes and love them!!! Super bright and white. Never been flashed by on comers like with the JK LED housings.
Have any issues with flickering, or bulb out indicator on the dash?

bmrrwolfe

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2005 Grand Cherokee
no dash light, no flicker. Buddy running as well.
Thanks! Just got a deal on some OEM LED foglights to replace the halogens, but LED headlights are slim picking without spending $600, so this should solve that!

jlsahara

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Thanks! Just got a deal on some OEM LED foglights to replace the halogens, but LED headlights are slim picking without spending $600, so this should solve that!
Where did you get the OEM foglight.

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase

Boquence

First Name
Gustavo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
There are bulbs available. Not entire assemblies. @Diode Dynamics has everything except the headlights.

Full front lights.jpg
I replaced my DRL bulbs and turn signals on my 18’ JLU rubicon with xp80 bulbs and they work great. No hyperflash or anything. The only thing i can’t get it to work as drl. At night they go on with all lights but during the day they don’t work unless i turn the lights on by hand( knob to lights on) Any suggestions or assistance would be appreciated ty
Sponsored