Sponsored

2018 JL , LED headlights - aftermarket available?

Tylerjcloud92

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport
Have either of you played around with a Superchips Flashcal by chance? Mine has an option to turn the halo on or off. Didn’t know if that might work for you or if it was confirmed that a different wiring harness is needed. I’ve looked at replacement parts for the Rubicon and only one wiring harness is listed for both halogen and LED replacements. I haven’t crossed referenced that part number with a Sport p/n yet. I’ll let you know if there is a difference though.
I think all Sahara and rubicon trims just come with the harness that has the extra female pin for the halo the sports have it blocked of as leds aren’t a factory option unfortunately
Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I think all Sahara and rubicon trims just come with the harness that has the extra female pin for the halo the sports have it blocked of as leds aren’t a factory option unfortunately
I have a Sahara so hoping somone is going to make halos that don’t cost $900, I know DD makes all I need for the LED’s except headlamps

NC4x4

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I’ve been talking with the guys over at @AllMoparParts.com and they are telling me the headlights are the only difference. Even the “kit” Mopar is making is only the headlights and some rivets, no harness is included. I’m betting it’s all software related. I know someone here put LED fogs on her Sport and they flickered until her dealer changed a setting in the computer to mimick the settings as a Rubicon that was on the lot.

I think I’m going to buy the LED headlights and give it a whirl...

Tylerjcloud92

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport
I’ve been talking with the guys over at @AllMoparParts.com and they are telling me the headlights are the only difference. Even the “kit” Mopar is making is only the headlights and some rivets, no harness is included. I’m betting it’s all software related. I know someone here put LED fogs on her Sport and they flickered until her dealer changed a setting in the computer to mimick the settings as a Rubicon that was on the lot.

You can but the harness is different and they won’t work.. that’s a sport harness and the less headlights there’s 4 connections on the headlights and 3 on the Jeep side there’s 4 on the Jeep side of the rubicon and Sahara. As far as I know the headlight kit comes with an adapter

F0DCC404-CA1D-45E3-BD65-969B3CBEBC02.png

5403C195-82C6-4CAF-AC36-3E86FC03FB90.png

696C9014-3CED-4E80-B1BF-C8364AD33FC3.png

Sponsored

NC4x4

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
You can but the harness is different and they won’t work.. that’s a sport harness and the less headlights there’s 4 connections on the headlights and 3 on the Jeep side there’s 4 on the Jeep side of the rubicon and Sahara. As far as I know the headlight kit comes with an adapter

F0DCC404-CA1D-45E3-BD65-969B3CBEBC02.png

5403C195-82C6-4CAF-AC36-3E86FC03FB90.png

696C9014-3CED-4E80-B1BF-C8364AD33FC3.png
I’m interested to see what is actually in the kit from Mopar, all descriptions say the same thing but @AllMoparParts.com says there is no wiring adapter or harness with the kit. I guess I’ll wait before blowing almost $900. South Florida Jeeps has a JL led kit out now, I’m gonna check their prices.
2D0C1C70-FA1C-467B-98DA-8097306C0220.jpeg

RRRENEGADE

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL LJ TJ CJ YJ WILLYS
HALOS!!!!!!! Because you asked for them! Here they are! If you have any questions feel free to hit me up!
upload_2018-10-5_9-21-15.png

tiltz

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru STI
How was the fit, install?
The plastic backing on the adapter brackets is very cheap and flimsey. While overall I think they are fine, for $130 they should be better quality. I also had to modify them slightly to work with Vision X headlights.

The Vision X headlights themselves are very nice and I highly recommend them.

Poseidon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport JL
I hope they think twice about making replacement bulbs for the halogen prisms. I want to run everyone one of those cars with HID and LED retrofits off the road. The prisms are not designed for these bulbs and all it does or blind on coming driver's. Do it right, or don't do it at all. There is a reason HIDs and LEDs all use projector lenses.
I like reading replies were someone knows what there talking about. Nice going buddy :)

Poseidon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport JL
That’s definitely a knock against the aftermarket that they changed the buckets to something unique to this Jeep. I could see it as their way of trying to push people to their own either by choosing that option package or by upgrading through Mopar parts. While it should surprise me about the different wire harnesses it actually doesn’t as I’ve seen similar differences with other brands and models.
Mopar in connection with Jeep did not hand out specs this time. So everyone started late in the game. Mopar and Jeep will get all the rewards first and by then most peep who already upgraded with mopar products probably won’t spend more money on a same upgrade. Mopar and Jeep greedy eating the whole cake and not sharing. O well I have to wait.

Sponsored

pichenet

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Have either of you played around with a Superchips Flashcal by chance? Mine has an option to turn the halo on or off. Didn’t know if that might work for you or if it was confirmed that a different wiring harness is needed. I’ve looked at replacement parts for the Rubicon and only one wiring harness is listed for both halogen and LED replacements. I haven’t crossed referenced that part number with a Sport p/n yet. I’ll let you know if there is a difference though.
The sports have a 3 wire headlight harness. The LEDs expect 4. So programming might help with high beams but I don't think it will help with halos.

pichenet

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S

I've put both in. Fogs are plug and play. Headlights are too but missing wire = missing power to halos.

NC4x4

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
For anyone interested South Florida Jeep’s is charging $899 for their Bluetooth LED headlight kit. They look just like what Quake is now offering... if I’m paying $900 it’ll be on Mopar parts. I was told the Mopar kit is listed as being available in April...

VTjeep

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL, 2012 JK
Occupation
Designer

VTjeep

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL, 2012 JK
Occupation
Designer
I was super excited to upgrade the halogens as I feel they suck and not as bright as my old JK LEDs.

Don’t waste your time with this junk. First off it doesn’t even fit my new JK lights style that it says it will convert.

Its seems to be cheap 3D printed or something. Not very strong. The JK light feels heavy and would be concerned that after a few rides the bracket will break. Especially the cheap thin clear plastic thing on back that is supposed hold the light in. It doesn’t even seem thick enough to hold the light. The original Halogen light is very big so there is a lot of extra room in the bucket. Definitely not worth $129.99 and figured it would be metal for that price.

2129_img_3.jpeg

2129_img_4.jpeg

2129_img_5.jpeg

2129_img_7.jpeg
Sponsored