Sponsored

2018 JL , LED headlights - aftermarket available?

Quake LED

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mr. Black
Threads
Reaction score
Website
quakeled.com
Vehicle(s)
JK, JL
Occupation
Sweat Shop Manger, Slum Lord and Break Dancer
Is that the price for a pair or individual on the headlights?
That price is for Pair. They are not like a JK Light. The lights are left and right specific.
Sponsored

Quake LED

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mr. Black
Threads
Reaction score
Website
quakeled.com
Vehicle(s)
JK, JL
Occupation
So in order to control them, do I need to by one of those controllers you mentioned? The description says they are Bluetooth... so can I just buy these lights and control with Bluetooth? Or do I also need to buy a separate controller?
The Headlights and Fog Lights each would come with its own bluetooth controller for RGB function. The other controllers allow for other functions. We will be putting up video soon on those other controllers so you can see what functionality they offer. Also its very easy to connect all Quake Accent products together unlike other brands. So no problem to tie your RGB colors together between the headlight and fog lights or even if you wanted to add a lightbar or pods later. One remote could control all RGB at once.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Wow I just installed and have the exact opposite opinion. I found them way less bright than stock and in fact my fog lights flooded out the led. Never ordered from CJpony but I hope they are good with returns.
Something must be wrong. I have a very similar set (ordered from another vendor) and mine are awesome. Way brighter than stock, very intense light, zero problems, and I still have never been flashed by oncoming traffic, even with my lift kit now installed.

Always get what you want from the factory, it will always save you time and money. In this case the headlights and tow group with the bigger alternator and aux switches are way smarter to get from factory then to have someone dismantle all the panels and run all that wire. I can't understand why all these people on the thread buy a jeep that doesn't have all the options they want and then ask about upgrading later. For certain things after market has better solutions. But the 8.4" screen LED lighting group and Aux Switches/tow package are much better served to get OEM. Im telling you they are dynamite.
Well, the reason a lot of people don't get stuff from the factory is because it DOESN'T save them money. If I had ordered the LED group (which I don't think is even available on Sport models) and the tow package, it would have cost me an additional $1,500. Rather than do that, I am using a LED bulb kit from 4x4truckleds.com and a tow package I bought from etrailer.com. Total spent? $280.

So I saved $1,220 and can tow whatever I want and I have headlight performance that I will put up against any $600-$800 full LED kit on the market.

Hubtech

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OB JKUR
Something must be wrong. I have a very similar set (ordered from another vendor) and mine are awesome. Way brighter than stock, very intense light, zero problems, and I still have never been flashed by oncoming traffic, even with my lift kit now installed.

Well, the reason a lot of people don't get stuff from the factory is because it DOESN'T save them money. If I had ordered the LED group (which I don't think is even available on Sport models) and the tow package, it would have cost me an additional $1,500. Rather than do that, I am using a LED bulb kit from 4x4truckleds.com and a tow package I bought from etrailer.com. Total spent? $280.

So I saved $1,220 and can tow whatever I want and I have headlight performance that I will put up against any $600-$800 full LED kit on the market.
You are correct with towing... But LED bulbs in a halogen reflector does not = a purpose built LED housing. I'm glad you're happy with your situation though.

You also lack the 4 factory Aux buttons (which look super clean) and the extra 20a (over a rubicon) from the alternator.

That being said, the current LED option is on a Build Stop status, so when I special ordered my rubi monday, i had to skip the LED group :(. I also skipped the towing group, as my rear bumper will have a hitch once replaced.

Jrauck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ

If you only want the tow hitch then it doesn't make sense to get the tow package, but it comes with a lot more than that which is worth quite a bit of money... upgraded alternator, upgraded battery, $400 aux switches, hitch wiring, and of course the hitch

The lights on the other hand I agree with you on. As long as you're the type of person to wait for more after markets to come out...

Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
You are correct with towing... But LED bulbs in a halogen reflector does not = a purpose built LED housing. I'm glad you're happy with your situation though.

You also lack the 4 factory Aux buttons (which look super clean) and the extra 20a (over a rubicon) from the alternator.

That being said, the current LED option is on a Build Stop status, so when I special ordered my rubi monday, i had to skip the LED group :(. I also skipped the towing group, as my rear bumper will have a hitch once replaced.
Like I said, I'll put these up against any LED kit on the market. The performance IS as good, or possibly better. The LED kits have very focused beams, whereas the LED bulbs in halogen housings provide a much broader field of view, with the same intensity, and the same sharp upper cutoff so that oncoming traffic doesn't get blinded. I've run all the combos...this is the best option.

As far as the aux buttons...how many people really use those? Almost none. And what's 20 amps when you've already got more than the JK ever offered? Jeep really should have offered a stand alone towing package, instead of trying to group it together with a bunch of stuff nobody ever uses.

Ordering some things from the factory is best...like the hard top so that you get the electrical and plumbing pre-installed. But there are many things that are a rip off, and the LED lighting and towing packages are the two worst offenders on the options list.

Jrauck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Like I said, I'll put these up against any LED kit on the market. The performance IS as good, or possibly better. The LED kits have very focused beams, whereas the LED bulbs in halogen housings provide a much broader field of view, with the same intensity, and the same sharp upper cutoff so that oncoming traffic doesn't get blinded. I've run all the combos...this is the best option.

As far as the aux buttons...how many people really use those? Almost none. And what's 20 amps when you've already got more than the JK ever offered? Jeep really should have offered a stand alone towing package, instead of trying to group it together with a bunch of stuff nobody ever uses.

Ordering some things from the factory is best...like the hard top so that you get the electrical and plumbing pre-installed. But there are many things that are a rip off, and the LED lighting and towing packages are the two worst offenders on the options list.
I'll agree with the quality of the LED headlights, but the cost is too rich for me.

With the towing package, I will definitely use the AUX switches, as I had to custom make a rig when I needed switches for my TJ as there was no pod or anything you could get that would look stock. Not only that but they run most of the wiring for the switches, which I will definitely enjoy when installing an accessory. I don't care too much about only a 20 Amp upgrade, but if theres any upgrade at all I wont complain. Not too sure what battery comes with the stock Rubicon, but supposedly theres an upgraded battery with the tow package as well...
Then of course the hitch...

If you are getting the Rubicon, and wont use the AUX switches, and the battery isn't much different than stock, I get not wanting to purchase the whole package for just the hitch. Personally though as it's not my first jeep, I know everything I will use and I honestly dont see $800 for everything as a ripoff.

crothrock2000

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Quake - do you offer a forum discount? Special combo price for both headlights and fog? Also what is the warranty for both?

Thanks - Chris

Quake LED

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mr. Black
Threads
Reaction score
Website
quakeled.com
Vehicle(s)
JK, JL
Occupation

Lensync58

First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Unlimited Sport
Do your turn signals on the dash blink faster now because of the low power draw of the LEDs?

I want to upgrade my lights and was about to buy the Diode Dynamic set but don't want to install resistors and was wondering how annoying the increased blinking speed was.
I read that if you get the superchips tuner you can go into a setting for LED lighting for you Wrangler and it will handle all that..

Sponsored

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I read that if you get the superchips tuner you can go into a setting for LED lighting for you Wrangler and it will handle all that..
I can confirm that using the Tazer to set the turn signals to LED will eliminate any hyperblink or turn signal out warning lights.

yellolab

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 718 Boxster, Hydro Blue 2 door
Occupation
sales

Hi what leds did you get from 4x4? Thx

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

don’t mean to sound dumb, but since LED is not an option on sport s, will it be possible to have dealer sell and install lights for sahara or rubi - would they fit? seems like diff shape on tail, but same bracket mount below, ditto for front
Yes

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)