Sponsored

2018 JL , LED headlights - aftermarket available?

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
The OEM LED headlights are plug and play swap with the halogens on the sport trims except:

1) No DRL/Halo. The wiring harness needs a 4rth wire to turn on the halos. I will be playing with this a bit more this week.

2) Something is up with high beams. Specifically the low beams cut out when high beams are on. This may be programable or it may need a different switching mechanism.

This has been my experience. I haven't heard of anyone else trying yet.
Well that’s the main reason I was considering the OEM LED’s for my JLU Sahara as I wanted the halo ring but if it’s not going to give me that look then I can save my $$$ for other things, maybe @Diode Dynamics will come out with something that will give us the same look as the OEM LED’s that will be plug and play

I know right now when I put my brights on the fog lights go out and this is the way it’s progreammed but the Taser can turn this feature off.
Sponsored

pichenet

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Well that’s the main reason I was considering the OEM LED’s for my JLU Sahara as I wanted the halo ring but if it’s not going to give me that look then I can save my $$$ for other things, maybe @Diode Dynamics will come out with something that will give us the same look as the OEM LED’s that will be plug and play

I know right now when I put my brights on the fog lights go out and this is the way it’s progreammed but the Taser can turn this feature off.
The Sahara trim will likely already have the DRL / 4rth wire necessary for the halos .

It's normal for the fogs to go off with brights - and yes they can be programmed - but it's not normal for the low beam portion of the headlight to go off with brights.

Right now they look great on or off. I hope to have the Halo issue sorted out this week.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/posts/256807/

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
The Sahara trim will likely already have the DRL / 4rth wire necessary for the halos .

It's normal for the fogs to go off with brights - and yes they can be programmed - but it's not normal for the low beam portion of the headlight to go off with brights.

Right now they look great on or off. I hope to have the Halo issue sorted out this week.

I am guessing I will have to pull the harness on the halogen headlamps to see if it uses 4 wires so I can run the OEM LED headlamps with DRL halos, I don’t really care much if the side markers are LEDS and I know diode dynamics has the LED fog lamp bulbs that drop in and also have LED back up bulbs

hansolowookie

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MANY JEEPS!
Always get what you want from the factory, it will always save you time and money. In this case the headlights and tow group with the bigger alternator and aux switches are way smarter to get from factory then to have someone dismantle all the panels and run all that wire. I can't understand why all these people on the thread buy a jeep that doesn't have all the options they want and then ask about upgrading later. For certain things after market has better solutions. But the 8.4" screen LED lighting group and Aux Switches/tow package are much better served to get OEM. Im telling you they are dynamite.

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Always get what you want from the factory, it will always save you time and money. In this case the headlights and tow group with the bigger alternator and aux switches are way smarter to get from factory then to have someone dismantle all the panels and run all that wire. I can't understand why all these people on the thread buy a jeep that doesn't have all the options they want and then ask about upgrading later. For certain things after market has better solutions. But the 8.4" screen LED lighting group and Aux Switches/tow package are much better served to get OEM. Im telling you they are dynamite.
Not available on Sport or Sport S.

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase

The ones you have are the stock LED take offs- not the Mopar kit? Just wanted to make sure, thanks!

RRRENEGADE

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL LJ TJ CJ YJ WILLYS
These guys do some lights for us that we sell with our bumpers. They just released the plug and play drop in headlight for the JL. The headlight also has RGB function and has the built in turn signals. We will be running them in our two JL builds! You can order here. LED Fogs are also available here. Just thought I'd share the information!

QUAKEHEADLIGHT.jpg
These guys do some lights for us that we sell with our bumpers. They just released the plug and play drop in headlight for the JL. The headlight also has RGB function and has the built in turn signals. We will be running them in our two JL builds! You can order here. LED Fogs are also available here. Just thought I'd share the information!

QUAKEHEADLIGHT.jpg
[/QUOTEThank you for posting Iron Cross! My name is Rob and I am the sales manager for Quake LED. We are based out of Denver Colorado. Feel free to email or call me you have any questions on our new JL LED headlights, Quad-Lock or any of our other LED products. If you are a retailer, wholesaler or Jeep Dealer and would like to become a Quake dealer with incredible discounts and have your shop be the first to stock our new JL headlight in your area I'm always available! Click Here for our digital catalog.

[email protected]
720-576-0157

QUAKEHEADLIGHT.jpg

RRRENEGADE

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL LJ TJ CJ YJ WILLYS

QUAKEHEADLIGHT.jpg
Thank you Iron Cross for posting! My name is Rob Reid, sales manager for Quake Led. We are the manufacturer of the first to market JL led headlight. If you have any questions on our JL LED headlight, our exclusive "Quad-Lock" or any other of Quake LED products feel free to call or email me any time. If you are a retailer, wholesaler or Jeep Dealership and would like incredibly deep discounts on Quake products my contact info is below. A link to our latest digital catalog is here. Thank you!

[email protected]
720-576-0157

Last edited:

Sponsored

lookitsadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Thank you Iron Cross for posting! My name is Rob Reid, sales manager for Quake Led. We are the manufacturer of the first to market JL led headlight. If you have any questions on our JL LED headlight, our exclusive "Quad-Lock" or any other of Quake LED products feel free to call or email me any time. If you are a retailer, wholesaler or Jeep Dealership and would like incredibly deep discounts on Quake products my contact info is below. A link to our latest digital catalog is here. Thank you!

[email protected]
720-576-0157
Hi Rob

I know very little about headlights and after market options, but had a question. In your comparison picture the stock headlights have a clean cut off line, where as the Quake LEDs throw a more circular light pattern. I imagine without a cutoff you would be blinding other drivers, so is this safe for driving on road?

pichenet

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
The ones you have are the stock LED take offs- not the Mopar kit? Just wanted to make sure, thanks!
Correct. The mopar kit lists a wiring harness. I plugged these in directly into the existing wiring harness.

RRRENEGADE

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL LJ TJ CJ YJ WILLYS
Hi Rob

I know very little about headlights and after market options, but had a question. In your comparison picture the stock headlights have a clean cut off line, where as the Quake LEDs throw a more circular light pattern. I imagine without a cutoff you would be blinding other drivers, so is this safe for driving on road?
That is a very good question and thank you for asking. In the picture you are talking about that is not the low beam. Quakes low beam has a defined line so as to not impede with the vision of oncoming traffic. The high beam on the other hand is made to go out much farther but yet still comply with DOT regulations.

BlairF

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS-S Mojito! - 2014 Challenger RT Classic (SuperCharged) - 2016 Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Technology Incident Management
Vehicle Showcase
Sexy, is that color ring extra?
Sponsored