Sponsored

2018 JL , LED headlights - aftermarket available?

Dubeau9005

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, 2010 GMC Sierra 1500
Any time you replace incandescent turn signals with a LED, you'll need to add resistors to replace the lost resistance from the filament in the incandescent bulb. They are simple to install, here's a universal install video we put together:

Diode Dynamics:
How to Install Resistors for LED Turn Signals & Fix Hyperblinking

Thanks!
Nick C.
Thanks Nick @Diode Dynamics. I knew I needed them for the turn signals. I just wasn’t sure with all the canbus system (first newer vehicle for me) if the headlights/fog lights also sensed the less current draw and would trigger a warning about the light being out. I’ll take your response as a no so that is good news.
Sponsored

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Unless they swapped the grill somehow, that's a JK in the picture. Just sayin' if you're going to advertise a product you might use the correct picture ;)
HIDProjectors.com is a reputable brand. I know the owner personally, and we supply them with components.

If you are looking for an aftermarket JL housing, they are a great option.

Also...they know their stuff, Facebook just pulls the main image from your product listing, so that would explain the JK picture if you are searching "Jeep Wrangler Lighting" etc.

Thanks!
Nick C.

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
HIDProjectors.com is a reputable brand. I know the owner personally, and we supply them with components.

If you are looking for an aftermarket JL housing, they are a great option.

Also...they know their stuff, Facebook just pulls the main image from your product listing, so that would explain the JK picture if you are searching "Jeep Wrangler Lighting" etc.

Thanks!
Nick C.
Good to know, and if you say so I trust that as I've used and followed your products for years.

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Good to know, and if you say so I trust that as I've used and followed your products for years.
They are a trust-worthy company, and they take great pride in what they do. +1 give em a call sometime!

Nick C.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
@Diode Dynamics when are you guys going to release a drop in replacement for a JL, I really like the Mopar LEDS with the halo ring and would have gotten them but the dealer did not have an LED JLU on there lot within my budget that had LEDS so I figured for two headlamps needless to say this is way out of my budget so are you guys working on something that can easily be swapped out for the halogen lamps

Sponsored

mischman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
I'm just waiting for a company to make a retrofit bracket that allows JK headlights to work on a JL

KCwrangler

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara JL
I talked to Rick at Quadratec and he sent the idea to the developement team. We shall see what happens
Would be so nice to have a wiring harness and bracket adapter to accept JK headlights - they were so universal...and are already so cheap lol

aqualung

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep JKU
Would be so nice to have a wiring harness and bracket adapter to accept JK headlights - they were so universal...and are already so cheap lol
Right! And I already have a set KC Gravity lamps and fogs off my 16 JKU.

Sponsored

passingnotes

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S 2 Door
Do you still have these available? I am interested. Chris
i just put in the lumtronix h13 led from cjpony, about 130 bucks and they’re awesome, left them stock white at 6500k, so about 3x brightness of stock halogens

took like 15 to put both in, super easy

GregMG79

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S 6spd
Occupation
Construction Manager
So you can buy the mopar ones and they are direct plug and play on our JLs?

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
So you can buy the mopar ones and they are direct plug and play on our JLs?
I believe they are direct plug and play but not sure if the LED feature has to be turned by a programmer

alterna75

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
i just put in the lumtronix h13 led from cjpony, about 130 bucks and they’re awesome, left them stock white at 6500k, so about 3x brightness of stock halogens

took like 15 to put both in, super easy
Wow I just installed and have the exact opposite opinion. I found them way less bright than stock and in fact my fog lights flooded out the led. Never ordered from CJpony but I hope they are good with returns.

pichenet

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
I believe they are direct plug and play but not sure if the LED feature has to be turned by a programmer
The OEM LED headlights are plug and play swap with the halogens on the sport trims except:

1) No DRL/Halo. The wiring harness needs a 4rth wire to turn on the halos. I will be playing with this a bit more this week.

2) Something is up with high beams. Specifically the low beams cut out when high beams are on. This may be programable or it may need a different switching mechanism.

This has been my experience. I haven't heard of anyone else trying yet.
Sponsored