Sponsored

2018 JL , LED headlights - aftermarket available?

bkwatts

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Does anyone know if there are any aftermarket LED lights available yet for the JL wrangler, four door. The dealer wants 900 plus install for the headlights and 300 for the fog lights plus install. The fog lights are even available yet I have been told..
I have a pair of Mopar LED headlights for a 2018 Wrangler JL if anyone is interested. They are $620.
Sponsored

KCwrangler

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara JL
Not yet, but there is already talk of a retrofit/bracket to make aftermarket 7” headlights fit. Making an adapter is very doable and I believe it will happen.
Any update on this? I haven't used halogens in 10+ years...these things are brutal.

Dennis23d

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Hey Nick,

Is there any way to get that nice line on the fenders that the OEM LEDs have? I like the switchbacks but I want that line.

Thanks,

Dennis
Did you ever find out if there is a way to get that clean led line on the fenders?

pichenet

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Did you ever find out if there is a way to get that clean led line on the fenders?
No - not yet. For now I have OEM LED fogs that came with a take off steel bumper, OEM headlights (takeoffs) - halos not working yet, and Diode Dynamics switch backs in the fender - these switch to amber when the turn signal is on. I may upgrade the fenders in the future depending on what I come across.

IMG_20180621_171505.jpg

Dubeau9005

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, 2010 GMC Sierra 1500
I just ordered switchback, fog light bulbs and headlight bulbs. Just to confirm, the only ones that will need the resistors are the switchbacks correct?

Sponsored

pichenet

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
I just ordered switchback, fog light bulbs and headlight bulbs. Just to confirm, the only ones that will need the resistors are the switchbacks correct?
I think that's correct cause the resisters specifically go on the turn signal wire.

Dubeau9005

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. Only thing I need to worry about now is daytime running lights. I’m in Canada so even the sport comes with DRLs. They use the headlights. Not sure what’s gonna happen with led bulbs installed. Anyone in Canada do this yet?

dgulia

First Name
Raj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport JLU; 2019 Ram 2500 Laramie; 2019 Jeep Cherokee
I saw a Sahara with non led lights that have regular fender lights as DRL

Dubeau9005

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I saw a Sahara with non led lights that have regular fender lights as DRL
That’s weird. On my sport, the headlights are the DRL. I wonder if I could get the dealer to switch it. Probably not in Canada. I know I could get a Tazer but I’m really worried about having the dealer notice that changes have been made and refuse warranty work.

Sponsored

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Any time you replace incandescent turn signals with a LED, you'll need to add resistors to replace the lost resistance from the filament in the incandescent bulb. They are simple to install, here's a universal install video we put together:

Diode Dynamics:
How to Install Resistors for LED Turn Signals & Fix Hyperblinking

Thanks!
Nick C.

pichenet

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Any time you replace incandescent turn signals with a LED, you'll need to add resistors to replace the lost resistance from the filament in the incandescent bulb. They are simple to install, here's a universal install video we put together:

Diode Dynamics:

Thanks!
Nick C.
Hey Nick - I think you guys have a resister install video for the JL don't you. I know its the same idea but probably more appropriate here.

Thanks,

Dennis

pichenet

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S

Diode Dynamics:

Thanks!
Nick C.
Hey Nick,

Question - if you were to have the get the OEM headlights and the switchbacks, then get programming done for LEDs, do you still need the resistors or will the programming account for the the lost resistance?

Thanks,

Dennis

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Hey Nick,

Question - if you were to have the get the OEM headlights and the switchbacks, then get programming done for LEDs, do you still need the resistors or will the programming account for the the lost resistance?

Thanks,

Dennis
Dennis,

It may be possible to have programming done, but that's something a dealership would have to confirm. Resistors are an easy solution, and work for nearly every vehicle application.

The previous video posted has a bit more background on them, but we do have a JL-specific turn signal video as well

Thanks,
Nick C.

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
Saw this the other day not sure if they are any good or not

DA22FD73-89A5-4CFC-9F75-4F9226656742.jpeg
Unless they swapped the grill somehow, that's a JK in the picture. Just sayin' if you're going to advertise a product you might use the correct picture ;)
Sponsored