Sponsored

2018 JL , LED headlights - aftermarket available?

Desoxyn

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport 2 door manual

Cledus601

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Yep, I'm talking fender DRL's. They come on low when I first start the jeep up, then when I release the e-break, they come on brighter (or maybe addl lamp?). I also noticed, when you turn your blinker on, the side that blinks, drops the DRL while flashing.
That's interesting. My fenders do not come on in "auto" unless my actual headlights come on. And I'm fairly certain that my blinker and fender light stay on at the same time. I'm going to investigate when I get back onshore and see.l for certain.

Mr. Beef Chief

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport

InspiredEngineering

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL, 2013 JKU on 60's, 1997 TJ on D60s
Don't buy from WildRock... ordered a bracket two weeks ago and it never shipped out. No number attached to their website and their physical address is fake.
Unfortunately we hear stories like that quite frequently from customers.

We have tried to contact them as well with no luck. They do not seem reputable or honest, and seem fly by night. They have stolen a bunch of our pictures for their product. We currently have our legal team working on getting them removed.

If you can get your order canceled, shoot me a PM. I will take care of you and we are pretty local to you as well.

Sponsored

PhinsJL

First Name
FELIPE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Sahara
That's interesting. My fenders do not come on in "auto" unless my actual headlights come on. And I'm fairly certain that my blinker and fender light stay on at the same time. I'm going to investigate when I get back onshore and see.l for certain.
Did you ever get the fender lights to come on while in “auto”? I’m having the same issue after installing the diode dynamic led bulbs. Thanks.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Did you ever get the fender lights to come on while in “auto”? I’m having the same issue after installing the diode dynamic led bulbs. Thanks.
Diode Dynamics has an issue with their fender lights, currently they DO NOT work properly. I have tested these things in every possible configuration and with multiple settings changes with the Tazer, and they will not work the same as the halogen OEM bulbs. I believe it has something to do with the dual filament design on the original bulbs and the fact that they are both the parking lamps and DRL, but I can't prove it as I do not know how the wiring of the plug and bulb itself work. With DD's XP80 white fender bulbs, they have 2 options. They are either only on when your headlights are on, or only on when your headlights are off. If yours are not coming on when the switch is in Auto during the day, but they turn on when you turn on your headlights, flip them over. Then they'll at least mostly function as DRL's, just not the same as the the OEM bulbs which simply dim when the headlights turn on.

PhinsJL

First Name
FELIPE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Sahara
Diode Dynamics has an issue with their fender lights, currently they DO NOT work properly. I have tested these things in every possible configuration and with multiple settings changes with the Tazer, and they will not work the same as the halogen OEM bulbs. I believe it has something to do with the dual filament design on the original bulbs and the fact that they are both the parking lamps and DRL, but I can't prove it as I do not know how the wiring of the plug and bulb itself work. With DD's XP80 white fender bulbs, they have 2 options. They are either only on when your headlights are on, or only on when your headlights are off. If yours are not coming on when the switch is in Auto during the day, but they turn on when you turn on your headlights, flip them over. Then they'll at least mostly function as DRL's, just not the same as the the OEM bulbs which simply dim when the headlights turn on.
Yeah, they just don’t come on during the day while in auto. So if I flip them over, they will come on during the day in auto but not with headlights on? Would I be able to just flip one and see the difference?

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
Yes, you can flip just one and see the difference.

I recommend you email Diode Dynamics or call them with specifics about the situation. I sent them a ton of pictures and videos about a month ago, and they haven't gotten back with me. I assume the holidays are interfering a bit.

PhinsJL

First Name
FELIPE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Sahara
Yes, you can flip just one and see the difference.

I recommend you email Diode Dynamics or call them with specifics about the situation. I sent them a ton of pictures and videos about a month ago, and they haven't gotten back with me. I assume the holidays are interfering a bit.
I gave them a call earlier today and they said they had not had any issues reported and that they should work exactly as the OEM bulbs.

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
Who did you talk to? Obviously they're not taking me seriously.

I had quite a lengthy discussion with them several weeks ago, and they seem to have a misunderstanding of what the OEM bulbs act like. Their test vehicle was clearly a sport.

PhinsJL

First Name
FELIPE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Sahara
Who did you talk to? Obviously they're not taking me seriously.

I had quite a lengthy discussion with them several weeks ago, and they seem to have a misunderstanding of what the OEM bulbs act like. Their test vehicle was clearly a sport.
I didn’t get a name. Called about an hour ago and they picked up pretty quickly.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
I didn’t get a name. Called about an hour ago and they picked up pretty quickly.
I called them again and they knew my name and my case specifically. They claim to be working on it but they need a Rubicon or Sahara with halogen lights to come into their shop. Unfortunately I think they did most of their engineering based on the JLU sport that is in their videos.

PhinsJL

First Name
FELIPE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Sahara
I called them again and they knew my name and my case specifically. They claim to be working on it but they need a Rubicon or Sahara with halogen lights to come into their shop. Unfortunately I think they did most of their engineering based on the JLU sport that is in their videos.
I confirmed flipping them makes them come on during the day on “Auto” , but then not on in the “On” position. I guess I rather have them come on at night so I’ll live with no DRLs until we get a fix.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
I have mine set to come on during the day, so that I have some sort of lights on at all times. Could you do me a favor and see if yours still illuminate with the headlights on and the transmission in drive? Obviously this would take two people.
Sponsored