Sponsored

2018 JL Hazard Lights Question

intheaspens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
This has happened on two occasions:

I put on the turn signal to turn (left in both cases if memory serves). I turn the corner, and instead of the signal canceling out, the hazard lights come on. It has not happened consistently, and I thought, since I'm new to the vehicle, that perhaps I did something boneheaded (some sort of way to activate the hazards from the wheel?), but I don't think so. I checked the manual and didn't see anything special.

Has anyone else encountered this?
Sponsored

lookitsadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
I haven't had the hazards come on, but I have used my turn signal to switch lanes and when I go to turn it back to the off position it starts blinking on the other side, even though the stalk is in the middle off position. The only way to make it stop is to flick the turn signal on to the side that's blinking, then back to the off position which usually resets it.

Djmatt85

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
This has happened on two occasions:

I put on the turn signal to turn (left in both cases if memory serves). I turn the corner, and instead of the signal canceling out, the hazard lights come on. It has not happened consistently, and I thought, since I'm new to the vehicle, that perhaps I did something boneheaded (some sort of way to activate the hazards from the wheel?), but I don't think so. I checked the manual and didn't see anything special.

Has anyone else encountered this?
Do you have a manual transmission? I have inadvertently hit the hazard button while shifting into 3rd. I don’t even feel it and then notice my hazards are on after a few secs. :facepalm: Just a thought.

OP
OP

intheaspens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Do you have a manual transmission? I have inadvertently hit the hazard button while shifting into 3rd. I don’t even feel it and then notice my hazards are on after a few secs. :facepalm: Just a thought.
Yeah I do; I'm questioning whether or not that may be what happened. I'll have to be a little careful for a while and see if that's what I'm doing.

Since it has only happened twice I'm assuming it's an ID10T error at this point. ;-D
Sponsored