Sponsored

2018 JL 2-door leaks

Toad2.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL 2.0
Hey, just purchased a used JL back in January. Now has less than 4K miles. Been in the garage since but I had to leave it out during the rain and discovered the drivers side carpet was wet. Before I drag out the water hose are there any things I should look for first?
Sponsored

jeepster345

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
Could be multiple things. I suggest first checking the seams around the top and the drain channels to see if anything is obstructing or pinched. Also check the door seams especially around where the top meets the door. This can leak as-well. Clean each seal and make sure they're lubricated. If none of that works, the leak could be coming from behind the front cowl or somewhere in that area.

I would also suggest making sure the floor mat drain plug is seated because I’ve had issue with that before.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

check your freedom panels. ive had the center seal not seat right after putting the freedom panel back on

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Did anyone open the door while it was raining? A new feature with the JL is a built-in shower when you open the door during rain. And they don't even charge extra for it.

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t have a hardtop. I assume freedom panels are part of the hardtop.
Yes, freedom panels are a hardtop thing.

There's multiple spots that could be your culprit. A gentle to mild hosing will zero you in quicker.

OP
OP
Toad2.0

Toad2.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL 2.0
Could be multiple things. I suggest first checking the seams around the top and the drain channels to see if anything is obstructing or pinched. Also check the door seams especially around where the top meets the door. This can leak as-well. Clean each seal and make sure they're lubricated. If none of that works, the leak could be coming from behind the front cowl or somewhere in that area.

I would also suggest making sure the floor mat drain plug is seated because I’ve had issue with that before.
I had a couple of CJ7s a few years back. Both had soft tops and both leaked as expected back then. Thanks for the suggestions.