aleko

aleko

First Name
alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler rubicon 2.0 turbo
You'd think Jeep would take care of CURRENT part supply issues before announcing TWO totally new powertrain options. Crazy...
You are right.
Sponsored

Beantown

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport Manual
Update
Closing in on being the 4th month of this issue.
After several phone calls with Jeep and a few conversations with Darlene from JeepCare, it was made apparent that the whole situation is back to square one. Their aforementioned "update" consisted of just more of the same which is saying that they don't know anything. Zero progress/effort has been made by the company and parts manufacturer.
As large and resourceful of a company as they are, FCA/JeepCare basically told me keep waiting for the "next step". This to me is an empty response for the sake of just responding.

The huge company FCA in all their power cannot resolve a simple issue as this.
😡

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
You've been waiting 4 months? I would have just sued by now... GL OP :( This is nuts.

Siblueg

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Make a move, send a letter that implies a lawsuit is starting by requesting all communications, emails, faxes, etc. about your issue and send it to the owner of the dealership, sales manager, service manager, and the main tech responsible for repair. Sorta like a subpoena duces tecum in criminal court. An official letterhead with the right verbiage could get something moving.

Sponsored

OP
OP
aleko

aleko

First Name
alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler rubicon 2.0 turbo
Today marks 5 months since this whole ordeal began. For those who don't know I had another thread about my warranty battle to replace a broken turbo. It also happens to be my birthday today. I have been told that in the absolute worst case scenario the car would be ready on today's date 1/6/2021. Today at 4pm they called and told me a nice little "We don't know when it'll be ready" And that's that.
I'm going to pursue legal action. The situation is so hopeless to have my car back from these guys that I'm willing to part ways with the extra $28k I've spent on it in parts, services, upgrades and modifications. At this point I want nothing less than for JEEP to buy the Rubicon back from me.
If you guys have any good recommendations in lawyers that have experience in handling these kinds of claims and cases, please feel free to share their info and contact details. This is in regards to the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act and the Lemon Law
I appreciate you guy's support in the other thread I had made a while ago about this ordeal.
Thanks!

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Today marks 5 months since this whole ordeal began. For those who don't know I had another thread about my warranty battle to replace a broken turbo. It also happens to be my birthday today. I have been told that in the absolute worst case scenario the car would be ready on today's date 1/6/2021. Today at 4pm they called and told me a nice little "We don't know when it'll be ready" And that's that.
I'm going to pursue legal action. The situation is so hopeless to have my car back from these guys that I'm willing to part ways with the extra $28k I've spent on it in parts, services, upgrades and modifications. At this point I want nothing less than for JEEP to buy the Rubicon back from me.
If you guys have any good recommendations in lawyers that have experience in handling these kinds of claims and cases, please feel free to share their info and contact details. This is in regards to the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act and the Lemon Law
I appreciate you guy's support in the other thread I had made a while ago about this ordeal.
Thanks!
Hi Alex, you asked for help in another thread.

First of all, Happy Birthday 🎁!

I had to fight FCA for my buyback through arbitration. It was stressful and I spent a lot of time preparing, but I won.

I filed here: https://www.ncdsusa.org/dispute-resolution-services/automotive-warranty-disputes.html

I submitted my notes from every conversation with the dealer or FCA, receipts, and email.

This is what I prepared for my hearing:
IMG_0796-4K.jpg

I made a semi-redacted version of that packet for another forum member to use as a guide. If you go through arbitration and would like a copy, send me a pm and I can send it to you.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Thanks!
I find it unbelievable it has gotten this far. FCA sucks. Take legal action. They will offer you a buy back or something,an easy way out I am sure once things get serious. Negotiate, dont take their initial offer. They need to make you feel whole and youve had your jeep in the shorp for months.

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
Call a lemon law attorney you won’t regret it. I just did mine after some issues and restrictioned part availability.. I can’t tell you the details.. but no regrets!!

IN DIRE NEED OF HELP!!!

My 46k mile 2018 JL 2.0 Turbo Rubicon developed some strange noises after a road trip at the end of summer. I took it to the Jeep dealership where I originally ordered and purchased it. After some diagnosis they told me there was a crack in the cast iron turbine housing part of the turbo. The leak from the crack is eating away at part of the wiring harness as well. They said they’d order a new part for me so it can be fixed under my 100k mile powertrain warranty. Overall I can tell the folks at the dealership do want to help and fix the issue.

However the problem lies with Jeep and their willingness to supply the replacement parts. After 30+ conversations with their customer service department it’s apparent that Jeep is waiting for enough people to pile up with this problem so they can order a batch of turbos from the manufacturer. I’ve continued to make my monthly payments even without having the car. They’ve made zero promises, and have pretty much hung me out to dry with not even a loaner. Every phone call I’m receiving the run around from their agents and my Jeep which I’m still paying for is sitting at the back of a dealership taken apart in pieces waiting for a part that Jeep doesn’t want to produce. They decline my offer to bring them another used turbo to replace it saying my warranty will be void this way.

It’s a completely stuck dead-end situation. While the dealership has been helpful, I’m extremely frustrated with the company. They took it in on September 21st and It’s now November 24th.

No one knows anything and nobody wants to promise anything. Jeep themselves told me the next update on the part will be on December 23rd which is ridiculous if you ask me.

I’m reaching out on this forum in hopes of someone else out there with a similar issue or any advice on what to do at this point. Maybe there’s a person out there who is versed in the subject who can help.
Thank you for your interest!

Jeep Wrangler JL 2018 JL 2.0 *BLOWN TURBO* update....Outraged!.....Lawyers IMG_0796-4K

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
They are still selling the 2.0 turbo correct (I am being rhetorical)? If they are they must have turbochargers they are fitting to vehicles in order for them to be able to be sold. If they have turbos (and the Wrangler is not the only vehicle to use this one) they should be able to ship one to your dealer.

Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Sorry to hear that.
Also just a tip--

I guess you are not aggressive enough.

I learned it the hard way, that through my many visits to the dealerships -

Nowadays, whenever I take my Jeep in to service. Even if it's for a small thing.
I already have a stack of print outs (TSBs/Recalls/Star Cases etc) ready to roll, I step in and tell them I got another meeting in a few and I don't got time for BS. I start giving out instructions on how it's done and don't really give them a chance to but but but.

I get everyone's names and do a a walk-around photo of my Jeep, all in the view of the service writer, and have him confirm that there are no scratches or random bullshits they pull out of their ass.

Just as I step out of the dealer I give an 'unsatisfactory' phone call to FCA customer care, drop some names, etc and just to report the issue and grab a case number. (So I can dish it out ASAP when needed)

Then as I go home/work, I follow up with hourly phone calls for status update - and give necessary hand-holding instruction as needed.

They know me by my name at the dealership I visit. They don't try to attempt any BS when I bring it, and they do not want me there any longer than minimally necessary.

P.S. I'm not an aggressive person, most of it is just an act I learned to adapt to this crazy world. But as I've learned, when dealing with dealerships, especially FCA. You need to breathe down their backs and passive-agressive the living crap out of them.

Last edited:

NBB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
The Jeep is torn apart in the dealership. So I can’t just take it.
Not true at all. Have them box up the parts and send a tow truck over there. Happens all the time - extricating a vehicle from a s**t shop and transferring it over to someone who can get it done.

I can tell you as a veteran of a few legal battles, all of which I have won - I would pay for my own turbo in a millisecond before calling a lawyer into this.

EDIT - $1k for a factory turbo? They appear widely in stock as well. I would have paid cash for that thing 5 months ago. Buy it on your own, walk into dealer - first question - will they install it? If not, have them box up the parts.

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
Common may be the wrong word; the turbo is on EVERY 2.0 engine, so it's not some elusive part to find. As you stated in your original post, it sounds like the dealership is being a cheapass. I was just reading a post here about someone who had to have their entire engine replaced and it took like a month to do so.

Personally, I'm not one to shy away from confrontation, so I'd be calling literally everyone I could think of to get some movement on this issue. Hell, go to the dealership in person and literally start screaming at the top of your lungs. I bet if you scared away a single potential customer from the showroom they'd fix it ASAP.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease. 🤣
What stupid advice! I guess you didn't make it as a motivational speaker!

Persistence and determination wins, not screaming like some boiled idiot.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Not true at all. Have them box up the parts and send a tow truck over there. Happens all the time - extricating a vehicle from a s**t shop and transferring it over to someone who can get it done.

I can tell you as a veteran of a few legal battles, all of which I have won - I would pay for my own turbo in a millisecond before calling a lawyer into this.

EDIT - $1k for a factory turbo? They appear widely in stock as well. I would have paid cash for that thing 5 months ago. Buy it on your own, walk into dealer - first question - will they install it? If not, have them box up the parts.
I did a similar trick a few years back when they had the trackbar/steering damper TSB (before it became a recall). I just called the parts department to order these parts (they arrived in a few days). Doesn't cost you anything to order, only when you pick up the parts.

Then I called service department to conduct the TSBs, service dept told me the parts are probably on backorder and would take few weeks (BS). I told him those parts should already have arrived at parts dept under my name, told him to check, he did, and there they are.

Brought my vehicle in and got it done all in an afternoon.

No BS.

NBB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Also - have to say - those oversize tires with lots of highway miles on a 2L turbo - sounds like a good way to overheat the turbo. I think if things went full retard in a legal battle - you'd lose. Screw the warranty - just suck it and pay to get it repaired somewhere else and get your Jeep back.
Sponsored