aleko

First Name
alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler rubicon 2.0 turbo
Update
Closing in on being the 4th month of this issue.
After several phone calls with Jeep and a few conversations with Darlene from JeepCare, it was made apparent that the whole situation is back to square one. Their aforementioned "update" consisted of just more of the same which is saying that they don't know anything. Zero progress/effort has been made by the company and parts manufacturer.
As large and resourceful of a company as they are, FCA/JeepCare basically told me keep waiting for the "next step". This to me is an empty response for the sake of just responding.

The huge company FCA in all their power cannot resolve a simple issue as this.

ForeOSU

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLU
This was my one major hesitation in buying a FCA product. Unfortunately I’ve heard too many stories like this. Sorry you’re getting screwed. Unbelievable.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Here is what I would look into doing. Buy a replacement aftermarket turbo and install it myself. Put the OEM unit back in when the dealer calls to replace it. Sell the aftermarket turbo on ebay.

Kind of a PIA but at least you would have your jeep back.

Reactions: GtX

Sponsored

Gaust

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 Renegade Trailhawk
I remember the thread about bad welds, steering issues and all the headaches there. Have you tried contacting the regional manager for the area?

OP
OP
aleko

aleko

First Name
alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is what I would look into doing. Buy a replacement aftermarket turbo and install it myself. Put the OEM unit back in when the dealer calls to replace it. Sell the aftermarket turbo on ebay.

Torn apart

The Jeep is torn apart in the dealership. So I can’t just take it.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
I'm sorry for your frustration! This is something that really gets me in a bind, You have a warranty for a reason and the company is not honoring it! so basically it is actually Fraudulent!!!!! There has to be a lawyer out there that will take up this fight...This is a clear violation of a consumers expectations when purchasing/owning a vehicle! If they can not or will not make things right while their vehicle is under warranty... which they by law are supposed to stand by, then this is IMO Fraud!!! I would be calling every lawyer and the Federal trade commision...this is Unnacceptable on so many levels...don't just take their BS !!!! you purchased their vehicle with expectations given by them that they would stand behind their workmanship(Warranty) they need to honor that in a reasonable fashion......Not 3 months of runaround!!! As I said I really feel for u....hope they step up to the fkn plate!!!!

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
What a joke man. Your Jeep is under warranty and they are not fulfilling their warranty. Tell them you are gonna file for breach of contract. A warranty is a contract and it isnt being honored. sue them. It is a pain but once you prepare everything and they see you are serious theyll take care of you.

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
I have contacted several lawyers who have all told me that this case doesn’t qualify for lemon law because my Jeep has 46,000 miles on it. Washington lemon is 24 months which is okay but it’s also 30,000 miles which makes my case not apply.
Contact your state's consumer affairs department. In CA the Sec. of State runs the consumer complaint department. Might be similar up there. File a complaint citing the dealership's refusal to perform warrantee repairs, and FCA's refusal to provide parts.

Sponsored

OP
OP
aleko

aleko

First Name
alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for your support Rico. From what Darlene, Emanuel and Kate from JeepCare have told me, it sounds like the next step will either be up or down. If they don’t step up until my next payment period around the 22nd of December, than I’ll most likely turn to legal action. I think thats plenty of time for them to fix the situation.

Aloha Offroad

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392
Vehicle Showcase
You’re not alone. I have a turbo and am going through the same thing. Getting the runaround as my turbo is on back order. Currently trying to figure out how long I am willing to pursue this before I start shopping around. It’s a shame though because I absolutely love my Jeep and of the four that I’ve owned, this is the only one that has had any problems. I know all brands have their shortcomings but this has been extremely frustrating!

OP
OP
aleko

aleko

First Name
alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for reaching out! Hopefully they see there are many people with this issue and try to fix the issue. If you try and fix it yourself, they’re gonna void your warranty and you’re screwed.Sorry man.

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
You'd think Jeep would take care of CURRENT part supply issues before announcing TWO totally new powertrain options. Crazy...
Sponsored