aleko

First Name
alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler rubicon 2.0 turbo
IN DIRE NEED OF HELP!!!

My 46k mile 2018 JL 2.0 Turbo Rubicon developed some strange noises after a road trip at the end of summer. I took it to the Jeep dealership where I originally ordered and purchased it. After some diagnosis they told me there was a crack in the cast iron turbine housing part of the turbo. The leak from the crack is eating away at part of the wiring harness as well. They said they’d order a new part for me so it can be fixed under my 100k mile powertrain warranty. Overall I can tell the folks at the dealership do want to help and fix the issue.

However the problem lies with Jeep and their willingness to supply the replacement parts. After 30+ conversations with their customer service department it’s apparent that Jeep is waiting for enough people to pile up with this problem so they can order a batch of turbos from the manufacturer. I’ve continued to make my monthly payments even without having the car. They’ve made zero promises, and have pretty much hung me out to dry with not even a loaner. Every phone call I’m receiving the run around from their agents and my Jeep which I’m still paying for is sitting at the back of a dealership taken apart in pieces waiting for a part that Jeep doesn’t want to produce. They decline my offer to bring them another used turbo to replace it saying my warranty will be void this way.

It’s a completely stuck dead-end situation. While the dealership has been helpful, I’m extremely frustrated with the company. They took it in on September 21st and It’s now November 24th.

No one knows anything and nobody wants to promise anything. Jeep themselves told me the next update on the part will be on December 23rd which is ridiculous if you ask me.

I’m reaching out on this forum in hopes of someone else out there with a similar issue or any advice on what to do at this point. Maybe there’s a person out there who is versed in the subject who can help.
Thank you for your interest!

Jeep Wrangler JL 2018 JL 2.0 *BLOWN TURBO* update....Outraged!.....Lawyers 6186D715-EBAA-4016-9878-B4F245E0143A
Sponsored

Last edited:

Abramovich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S (Chief) and 2022 Willys XR (Gobi) ord
Occupation
Retired
What did Jeep Cares say?

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
IN DIRE NEED OF HELP!!!
My 46k mile 2018 JL 2.0 Turbo Rubicon developed some strange noises after a road trip at the end of summer. I took it to the Jeep dealership where I originally ordered and purchased it. After some diagnosis they told me there was a crack in the cast iron turbine housing part of the turbo. The leak from the crack is eating away at part of the wiring harness as well. They said they’d order a new part for me so it can be fixed under my 100k mile powertrain warranty. Overall I can tell the folks at the dealership do want to help and fix the issue.
However the problem lies with Jeep and their willingness to supply the replacement parts. After 30+ conversations with their customer service department it’s apparent that Jeep is waiting for enough people to pile up with this problem so they can order a batch of turbos from the manufacturer. I’ve continued to make my monthly payments even without having the car. They’ve made zero promises, and have pretty much hung me out to dry with not even a loaner. Every phone call I’m receiving the run around from their agents and my Jeep which I’m still paying for is sitting at the back of a dealership taken apart in pieces waiting for a part that Jeep doesn’t want to produce. They decline my offer to bring them another used turbo to replace it saying my warranty will be void this way.
It’s a completely stuck dead-end situation. While the dealership has been helpful, I’m extremely frustrated with the company.
They took it in on September 21st and It’s now November 24th.
No one knows anything and nobody wants to promise anything. Jeep themselves told me the next update on the part will be on December 23rd which is ridiculous if you ask me.

I’m reaching out on this forum in hopes of someone else out there with a similar issue or any advice on what to do at this point. Maybe there’s a person out there who is versed in the subject who can help.
Thank you for your interest!

6186D715-EBAA-4016-9878-B4F245E0143A.jpeg
@JeepCares

Please help this gentleman.

Sponsored

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
Is the turbo out? I'd take it to a machine shop and see if they can fix the crack or I'd be looking at replacement turbo to install.

A Sober Animal

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon
Clubs

Go rent a car, start billing them for every day you have it. Contact an attorney, lawyer up and threaten legal action. This type of customer service isn't acceptable but they'll continue to do nothing until you show you mean business.

Or just order the turbo if it's available (new, not used), give it your service department, and bill them for the part.

Katemc6

First Name
Katherine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I would open up a case with Jeep Cares. Mine was out of commission with a steering issue for 3 and a half weeks. They were willing to cover a rental car for me up to $35 per day on a reimbursement basis. Luckily the dealer gave me a free loaner so I didn’t have to go down that road but good to know it was available if needed. I asked about a car payment too because I didn’t have my Jeep for almost a month. I just turned in paperwork the other day and my check for 1 months payment is on the way. Definitely start a case with Jeep Cares.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
You have a dealership issue. I did a quick online search and the part is in stock in most of the major MOPAR parts online portals. There is no shortage of these parts. What is interesting is it is on it's 8th revision since launch in 2018 so one has to assume issues they've resolved.

You could also see if the turbine housing crack can be welded - this is a common repair.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsored

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
Not acceptable! Jeep Cares first then legal action if not addressed immediately. Dealer is 100% to blame.

Reactions: TMP

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition, 2004 Wrangler Unlimited
You have a dealership issue. I did a quick online search and the part is in stock in most of the major MOPAR parts online portals. There is no shortage of these parts. What is interesting is it is on it's 8th revision since launch in 2018 so one has to assume issues they've resolved.

You could also see if the turbine housing crack can be welded - this is a common repair.
Unless you reached out to any of those places and actually confirmed stock, then I wouldn’t guess they have them either. Pretty much all the Mopar parts sites will show the part on their site, but unless it’s something common that they normally stock, they have to order it just like the dealer where the Jeep currently is.

Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual
I would open up a case with Jeep Cares. Mine was out of commission with a steering issue for 3 and a half weeks. They were willing to cover a rental car for me up to $35 per day on a reimbursement basis. Luckily the dealer gave me a free loaner so I didn’t have to go down that road but good to know it was available if needed. I asked about a car payment too because I didn’t have my Jeep for almost a month. I just turned in paperwork the other day and my check for 1 months payment is on the way. Definitely start a case with Jeep Cares.
Might I ask what the steering issue was?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Tagging @JeepCares to see the original post.

They'll help you out with this.

Twojayhawks

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Occupation
business owner
I can tell ya your dealership should have provided a loaner or sprung for a rental. It's THEIR job to take care of the customer and later collect from FCA. Your dealership and FCA both have done a disservice to a customer with a vehicle under warranty.
Sponsored