2018 JKU Recon vs 2018 JLUR

Better Value? 2018 JKUR Recon or 2018 JLUR

• Total voters

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
Now that the configurator is fully functional, I did some comparison builds between my options (Fully loaded minus cold weather, keyless entry, dual top/soft top, engine block heater, smokers group) and they total within $35 of each other.

Other than the leather heated seats in the Recon, I don't see anything significant that it has that the JLU doesn't. Plus, the JLUR features are vastly improved over the JKU in my opinion, plus you get the safety group, 8 speed transmission, UConnect 8.4, LED lighting, highline fenders, sport cage functionality, A and B pillar grab handles, better gas mileage, aux switches, huge alternator, Pentastar 2, big brake kit, much better crawl ratio and bigger tires.

Overall, I think the pricing is great for what we are getting compared to the Recon. Did I miss something major that the Recon has over the JLUR? Maybe the forged diff covers.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
Now that the configurator is fully functional, I did some comparison builds between my options (Fully loaded minus cold weather, keyless entry, dual top/soft top, engine block heater, smokers group) and they total within $35 of each other.

Other than the leather heated seats in the Recon, I don't see anything significant that it has that the JLU doesn't. Plus, the JLUR features are vastly improved over the JKU in my opinion, plus you get the safety group, 8 speed transmission, UConnect 8.4, LED lighting, highline fenders, sport cage functionality, A and B pillar grab handles, better gas mileage, aux switches, huge alternator, Pentastar 2, big brake kit, much better crawl ratio and bigger tires.

Overall, I think the pricing is great for what we are getting compared to the Recon. Did I miss something major that the Recon has over the JLUR? Maybe the forged diff covers.
The JL is overall a major improvement for the price over the JK. Its a better vehicle. I almost bought a recon, overwhelmingly happy I waited.