Sponsored

2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon - Electrical Issue?

RubyEng

First Name
Di
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Just got a 2018 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon pre-owned, never any issues, 60K miles. Parked Sunday, went to leave Wednesday and was dead. Had it jumped, got a new battery Thursday. Went to leave this morning and put the battery dash indicator on to watch with the new battery, and the battery was showing 13.7, but the "meter" was going to zero at a complete stop, and then all the way over to the max of 30+. (is this normal? still learning about the car just 2 weeks' ownership). The car died at a complete stop after the battery meter went to zero. I had it towed to a dealer. They said no codes are coming up, and they're going to have to try and duplicate what the problem is. This is more than battery. ANy experience or thoughts on this?
Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Just got a 2018 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon pre-owned, never any issues, 60K miles. Parked Sunday, went to leave Wednesday and was dead. Had it jumped, got a new battery Thursday. Went to leave this morning and put the battery dash indicator on to watch with the new battery, and the battery was showing 13.7, but the "meter" was going to zero at a complete stop, and then all the way over to the max of 30+. (is this normal? still learning about the car just 2 weeks' ownership). The car died at a complete stop after the battery meter went to zero. I had it towed to a dealer. They said no codes are coming up, and they're going to have to try and duplicate what the problem is. This is more than battery. ANy experience or thoughts on this?
We're sorry to hear of these concerns, RubyEng. If you don't find the answer you're looking for from fellow forum members, we recommend a dealer visit. If you have any questions we are in private message!

Kate
Jeep Cares

OP
OP

RubyEng

First Name
Di
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We're sorry to hear of these concerns, RubyEng. If you don't find the answer you're looking for from fellow forum members, we recommend a dealer visit. If you have any questions we are in private message!

Kate
Jeep Cares
Hi "Jeep Cares" Kate! How nice to receive this message! It is at the dealer as of this morning, but they are trying to duplicate the problem as no error codes came up. I appreciate your response! Take CAre! It will work out! I need to Jeep! :)

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
ESS? They have two batteries to replace, the main and a smaller "aux" battery under it.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hi "Jeep Cares" Kate! How nice to receive this message! It is at the dealer as of this morning, but they are trying to duplicate the problem as no error codes came up. I appreciate your response! Take CAre! It will work out! I need to Jeep! :)
Sounds good! We're in private message though if you need support!

Kate
Jeep Cares

Sponsored

Swagger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, have them check the aux battery located below the main battery. May be the issue on 2018 3.6l jlurs. Many are not aware of the second battery.

Swagger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I guess it could also be something like a voltage regulator or alternator, based on your description.

OP
OP

RubyEng

First Name
Di
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ESS? They have two batteries to replace, the main and a smaller "aux" battery under it.
Thanks! Just found out about the aux battery. HOpefully that is it!
Sponsored