2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL

Adambonnell

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler unlimited jl
Whats up guys I finally got the JL sport unlimited I wanted. I love how smooth the drive is on it. Two things I have a problem with so far. One, going into 4wd is super stiff. I tried and was afraid I was gonna break it. I did that once on my 2008 and I learned my lesson fast. It was a plastic link back then hopefully now its more durable but not worth risking. I have seen several other people post about it so if anyone has heard anything on this let me know.
Second problem I have. I am a guy who takes the doors off constantly. I always immediately remove and store the door bolts so i can quick detach the wiring and set the doors in the garage. Jeep has now added another bolt that holds a door brace that keeps your door from swinging open and denting your jeep with your side view mirror. That dent symbolizes freedom...welcoming new jeep owners into the world of doorless rides....MURICA. It screams that the owner takes full advantage of removing the doors on a regular basis. I see the dent all the time so i get Jeep wanted a fix but i hate that now to remove my doors I will have to bust out the ratchet and remove that on all four doors. Just a pain. Anyone try removing that piece off the door yet?
Sponsored

Movingday

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Whats up guys I finally got the JL sport unlimited I wanted. I love how smooth the drive is on it. Two things I have a problem with so far. One, going into 4wd is super stiff. I tried and was afraid I was gonna break it. I did that once on my 2008 and I learned my lesson fast. It was a plastic link back then hopefully now its more durable but not worth risking. I have seen several other people post about it so if anyone has heard anything on this let me know.
Second problem I have. I am a guy who takes the doors off constantly. I always immediately remove and store the door bolts so i can quick detach the wiring and set the doors in the garage. Jeep has now added another bolt that holds a door brace that keeps your door from swinging open and denting your jeep with your side view mirror. That dent symbolizes freedom...welcoming new jeep owners into the world of doorless rides....MURICA. It screams that the owner takes full advantage of removing the doors on a regular basis. I see the dent all the time so i get Jeep wanted a fix but i hate that now to remove my doors I will have to bust out the ratchet and remove that on all four doors. Just a pain. Anyone try removing that piece off the door yet?
It will push into the door so that you don’t have to use it. Just know that it’s a pain in the arse if you want to pull it back out

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will not be participating in this forum as of 8/31/2018. It's been a fun ride, but it's time to move on. Take care. - Dustin
Occupation
It will push into the door so that you don’t have to use it. Just know that it’s a pain in the arse if you want to pull it back out
I just get a pair of pliers....comes right out....boom, bam, done!

OP
OP
Adambonnell

Adambonnell

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler unlimited jl
Thanks guys.... ready for the weekend so I can really play with it!
Sponsored