Sponsored

2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport Power Window & Door Upgrade?

nina24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler sport
A year ago I purchased the base model Jeep Wrangler Sport. Now that the car is paid off, I'm really thinking of somehow trying to upgrade my car to have power windows & doors. I'm really short & it's really hard for me to roll down the passenger window, let alone the back windows if I'm in the driver seat. The manual doors have been an issue as well as trying to unlock the backdoors when guest are trying to get in.

I know I've seen some aftermarket kits that could do this, although the parts look kind of cheap. For example, I would love it if it looked just like the upgraded version (sport s). Is there anyone who has similar parts or can upgrade my jeep to have power windows & doors?
Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

you can buy new parts from Jeep which will cost you a small fortune or you can source them from a wrecked jeep. you'd still need someone with some technical skill to install it all. i did this myself with a honda a long time ago, twice. both with cheap after market kits and using oem parts from a wrecked car. its a big endeavor. i had friends who were able to help me with the projects at the time so it wasnt too much of an issue cost wise.

unless you have people who can hook you up with parts and install, id seriously consider selling and buying another wrangler with the options that you want if its really that important to you.

Chellipants

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport JL
A year ago I purchased the base model Jeep Wrangler Sport. Now that the car is paid off, I'm really thinking of somehow trying to upgrade my car to have power windows & doors. I'm really short & it's really hard for me to roll down the passenger window, let alone the back windows if I'm in the driver seat. The manual doors have been an issue as well as trying to unlock the backdoors when guest are trying to get in.

I know I've seen some aftermarket kits that could do this, although the parts look kind of cheap. For example, I would love it if it looked just like the upgraded version (sport s). Is there anyone who has similar parts or can upgrade my jeep to have power windows & doors?

I am on the same boat... i saw someone who posted his dealership did the whole upgrade for them for about $1700.. I just messaged my dealership and see what they say... crossing my fingers! Really regret not getting the Sport S.. Keep us posted if you find a solution!

Thanks~

Sponsored

JLWranglerJL

First Name
Hector
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
It is possible to install power windows and locks. If your looking to use OEM parts for a clean look, you are going to spend around $1200 just on parts. The good thing is that it all bolts up. It is also time consuming. You would have to take all 5 doors apart to install the power latches. On four of the doors you need to install the window regulator, window motor and carrier plate. If you need a parts list let me know.

Rob_Colorado

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep wrangler
It is possible to install power windows and locks. If your looking to use OEM parts for a clean look, you are going to spend around $1200 just on parts. The good thing is that it all bolts up. It is also time consuming. You would have to take all 5 doors apart to install the power latches. On four of the doors you need to install the window regulator, window motor and carrier plate. If you need a parts list let me know.
JLwranglerJL, I'm looking to do this conversion. Can you possibly help me out with a parts list or direct me to a write up on the install for the windows? I seem to remember finding one last year but can't now that I'm ready to do it. I'd like to do the windows and licks at the same time so I only have to take the doors apart once. Thanks!

joster

First Name
jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, 2016 Sahara
Did anyone ever answer this last post? I'm looking to do this project on a 2022 2 Door JL Sport...

jeep1

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Red JLRU, 2024 White JLRUX
I did the locks on a 2020 Gladiator using OEM parts.. easy enough.

The windows are entirely another story. I did it long ago on a 2014 JK and it was a lot of work...

Some of the challenges .... you need to build a harness that runs from the dash to the doors to carry the power from the switches and then add the pins to the body side door connectors. Then replace the harnesses in the door (but you may have done this if doing the power locks anyway).

Doing this OEM requires you to replace both the door panels (or you'll have a hole where the manual crank is) AND also replace the plastic carrier panel inside the door to be able to mount the motor for the windows correctly ....

Maybe it's realistic on a 2door .. but on a four door that's four new door panels and carriers plus the motors and the center switches. I started to price it out and it was going to be several thousand and I just didn't need power windows that badly.....

JLWranglerJL

First Name
Hector
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
I did this on my sport and used all factory parts. The total cost was around $1200. But I did this in 2019 when the jeep had just been released. I'm sure it is cheaper now. If you want it to look factory then you will need pins to insert to the door connectors, connectors, new door harnesses, oem window switches, window motors, and door panels. It does take a bit of time to do. I wired mine like OEM so I use the factory fuses, power and ground wires.
Sponsored