Sponsored

2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU MSRP price shown on window sticker

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
MSRP which is what Iā€™m also paying for my JLU.
Interesting, how long ago was this? I have a buddy who keeps getting quoted 30k over MSRP or $100k. My wife works for a large dealership conglomerate and the Ford dealer says everyone charges $10k over MSRP right now.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
MSRP which is what Iā€™m also paying for my JLU.
No offense but why pay MSRP for a JLU? If nothing else you have time to sign up for tread lightly. There is never a reason to pay more than 1% below invoice on a jeep.

Jabs

First Name
Jabs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
No offense but why pay MSRP for a JLU? If nothing else you have time to sign up for tread lightly. There is never a reason to pay more than 1% below invoice on a jeep.
Itā€™s 1% which Iā€™ll probably sign up for but that equates to about $350 saving after paying the tread lightly sign up fee which is not significant in making a buying decision.

Sponsored

Jabs

First Name
Jabs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Interesting, how long ago was this? I have a buddy who keeps getting quoted 30k over MSRP or $100k. My wife works for a large dealership conglomerate and the Ford dealer says everyone charges $10k over MSRP right now.

About 2 months ago. A buddy of mine bought one at MSRP about a year ago when they first came out.

Especially now that 2018ā€™s are out youā€™ll definitely be able to find 17ā€™s

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Do you think that would be interchangeable with a Rubicon dash?
I don't see why not. The dashboard design between all models are the same except the color of the trim pieces. If an owner sees a trim on another model that he/she likes, they can just buy the part from dealer parts department to swap in. And if none of the ones available at launch suit you, Jeep told us they're working on more trim options.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
The price just begs the aftermarket to jump in on these dash panels, too. I'll bet there will be LOTS of options, including some with not only different colors, but also graphics.

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
About 2 months ago. A buddy of mine bought one at MSRP about a year ago when they first came out.

Especially now that 2018ā€™s are out youā€™ll definitely be able to find 17ā€™s
Not what we are seeing now. They are in high demand.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Has an auto and cloth seats, radio upgrade, it does have a lot of options but so does the red JLU. Iā€™m just saying the 45-46k for a Sahara isnā€™t that out of the question with what we have seen.
That's a manual.

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Itā€™s 1% which Iā€™ll probably sign up for but that equates to about $350 saving after paying the tread lightly sign up fee which is not significant in making a buying decision.
1% under invoice. Not MSRP. Invoice is about $1,000-$2,500 below MSRP depending on options. So it is worth it. and you are not screwing your dealer because it is a factory program and they get, I believe, a 2% credit from the factory. Everyone wins and it is a good cause.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Sport with cranks it is then.
At least we get 17" steel wheels and 32" tires (upgrade from 16" wheels/29" tires) included with our crank windows and manual locks! Oh and back up camera and side airbags all for $2000 more than JK. Now that's a bargain.

Forgot about the cool push button start! Wait, you mean I still have to use my key to unlock the door?

Last edited:

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
1% under invoice. Not MSRP. Invoice is about $1,000-$2,500 below MSRP depending on options. So it is worth it. and you are not screwing your dealer because it is a factory program and they get, I believe, a 2% credit from the factory. Everyone wins and it is a good cause.
Does Jeep artificially inflate the msrp because most buyers are getting them at 1% below invoice using the program without having to haggle with dealer?

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Sting-Gray Sahara