msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S Firecracker Red, 2014 Durango, 1999 Honda CRV
Vehicle Showcase
Not what we are seeing now. They are in high demand.
Seeing you two go back & forth ... the difference is probably regional.

AZ, have your buddy buy one from near Jabs, fly out to pick it up, and enjoy a nice road trip in his new Raptor back home...saving $9,500 in the process.
Sponsored

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S Firecracker Red, 2014 Durango, 1999 Honda CRV
Vehicle Showcase
What makes no sense to me is that a large company would invest so much time and money in this redesign and not know in advance how much they would charge for it. The pricing would have to be part of their business decision, right? They can't afford to offer a vehicle at a price that turns away 70% of their potential sales.

C'mon, FCA! Publish competitive prices so your customers can do their thing ... buy your product, and become additional 'free' advertising for more sales. I'm on the fence between a base Rubicon, and a Sport that I will upgrade via aftermarket. If the launch price is too high, I go to option #3 which is another vehicle from another maker.

Jabs

First Name
Jabs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
1% under invoice. Not MSRP. Invoice is about $1,000-$2,500 below MSRP depending on options. So it is worth it. and you are not screwing your dealer because it is a factory program and they get, I believe, a 2% credit from the factory. Everyone wins and it is a good cause.

I didn’t know that!!! That is actually awesome. Thanks for clarifying that!

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Does Jeep artificially inflate the msrp because most buyers are getting them at 1% below invoice using the program without having to haggle with dealer?
Absolutely not.

I bought my wife a Tahoe this year. Got $500 off for paying $25 to Join my local Farm Bureau.

Most buyers don't do their research. It's just the diehards that are up on this program and there are not 200,000 of us.

There is no catch here.

Jeep jacks up the price of wranglers. But not because of Tread Lightly!

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
I hate to review an old thread, but I didn't want to start a new one and the searches I ran brought this thread up as the one with the most info (I read them all).

Did we ever find out what the "2TG" Customer Preferred package is? There has been speculation that it is the tailer/tow group, but I did not order that and yet I have 2TG on my build sheet.

Any ideas?
Sponsored