Sponsored

2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon and Sahara (JLU) Roof Exposed!

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
What a little tease she is!!!
Sponsored

Brandonjjon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4XE (Granite)
Digging the new headlights and LED trim around them. Tail lights aren't really what I was expecting though.. wonder if they will change. Was expecting more along the lines of the renegade.

Dackel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU, Ram 1500
Really glad they found a way to keep the Freedom top alive. I agree with the above that the camo is probably just covering the attachment points of the roof. In fact you can kind of see the third "ridge" hiding under the camo in this picture which means it should go all the way to the rail like on the JK/JKU.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon and Sahara (JLU) Roof Exposed! {filename}

AgingTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Wrangler, 04 SV 650
While I was posting my last, admin posted the new pics. I see I may have been seeing things. Or perhaps there are multiple scoops being considered.

Sponsored

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
There are two different mules in this pic set. 1 is definitely a Rubicon with bigger KO2s and higher ride, the other likely a Sahara with highway tires, lower stance, and fugly side rail steps. While they both have pronounced hood top features, the Rubi's hood camo appears to be mesh, the other is vinyl, which indicates cooling vents for the Rubi.

JoKer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Wrangler Sport
Digging the new headlights and LED trim around them. Tail lights aren't really what I was expecting though.. wonder if they will change. Was expecting more along the lines of the renegade.
Tail lights don't look like the ones from the dealer event leaked images at all. So either the images from that event aren't accurate to the production lights or the lights on this prototype are not final.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon and Sahara (JLU) Roof Exposed! {filename}

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
First use of HT tires on a 4-door Wrangler. Interesting. Likely to increase fuel economy even more for CAFE reasons.

Hinges on the windshield. Interesting.

Those new wheels are sick. I love 'em.

Cool LED headlights...maybe we'll finally be able to see a deer before we hit it.

Wheel arches have even more room for tires now. 35s should easily fit with no lift. Interesting!

Marshal.h

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
If a solid/permanent roof structure of any kind, why the rear wheel mounted break light? Why not mount it up above the rear window?

EDIT: Ah, probably to avoid multiple break light configurations for multiple roof types (removable, fixed, etc.)

Davos77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Totally agree, love the new wheels. Best factory wheels yet (minus the special editions) IMO.

Sponsored

Cal_JLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future JLU
Digging the L.E.D. light rings -what a pleasant surprise that is. Also looks like the Rubicon is wearing something over a "33 tire.

As far as how many sections the Freedom Top comes in now; Too hard to tell. Enjoy your popcorn.

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport

LOVE THE CORNOA RINGS AROUND THE HEADLIGHTS !!!!!
And the more rounded bumpers and windows.
But that roof is sad.
will wait until the desiel engine is available.
And wait for the 3-sunroof roof, that can be removed for three open air panels.

BlackRubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Rubicon
Those LED rings are going to look awesome, they already do even with the front covered I'm glad they didn't just cheap out and give us the 2017 LEDs.

Now i'm really hoping for a heated option. The snow/ice is going to be a killer for the LEDs. At the least hopefully they will have vents surrounding it to allow for the LED heat to reach the lens.

LordEgg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Can someone describe the visible difference in that roof and the current one? I'm just not good at this.

Brogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge

LOVE THE CORNOA RINGS AROUND THE HEADLIGHTS !!!!!
+1 me like! Those LED rings are gonna look very distinctive and you're gonna know you're looking at a JL/JLU/JT model right away. I was hoping they wouldn't just get lazy and toss the 2017 JK LED headlights on the car and I'm glad to see they've made it different and very unique.
Sponsored