Sponsored

2018 Jeep Wrangler Production Grille and (and LED Headlights?) Exposed!

CrashBurn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150
Seems like they're trying to update the grill to more closely resemble the Cherokee with its kinked grill. I bet this is the design language going forward and we'll see the next Grand Cherokee and Renegade feature a kink in their grills too.
Huge vertical grill with a kink.. looking a little like the YJ

jeep-yj-wrangler-4x4-42l-inline-6-cylinder-grey-black-accessories-rust-free-3.jpg

Jeep Wrangler JL 2018 Jeep Wrangler Production Grille and (and LED Headlights?) Exposed! {filename}
Sponsored

Midnight2d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Rubicon
No Jeep badge above the grill or just covered by the camo?

Rockcrawler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps and Bikes
My guess is they haven't put it on yet. Not necessary for testing and doesn't affect performance so why draw even more attention to the car by putting on a Jeep badge. Not that they're fooling anyone from seeing that this is clearly a Jeep haha.

94grt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler TJ Unlimited Rubicon
Yup! Modern day YJ would be awesome. Liking what I am seeing so far.

They could have moved the badge from the grille to the edge of the hood like on other Jeeps? Like the Renegade etc. Just a guess.

Doyles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JK Wrangler

Jeep Wrangler JL 2018 Jeep Wrangler Production Grille and (and LED Headlights?) Exposed! {filename}

Good call. I forgot the YJ had a grill kink. After seeing that YJ pic I wish they went more aggressive with the JL grille kink and made it more angular rather than the more subtle bend we see on the prototype.

Sponsored

Biker Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati Monster
Grill needs to be changed based on the new spy photos.

As much as I love the JK it's been around forever. I'd like to see something different (even more different than the spy photos are suggesting) while still keeping the iconic look.

Campbell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger
Ohhhhh hell no!!! Liberty/Wrangler!!!
Nah I don't think they'll nerf down the Wrangler much if at all. Jeep knows their customers and what their customers want. They must know that if they mess too much with the current recipe for success they stand to lose a lot of $$$$$.

Rustym38a1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WK2, 2011JK, 2004TJ, 1997TJ, 1953M38a1, 1945CJ2a
What about those mirrors? Are they for real? They look like they would block your forward side view.

Sponsored

JoKer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Wrangler Sport
What about those mirrors? Are they for real? They look like they would block your forward side view.
You can tell from the pic of the open tailgate that the mirrors are hiding under a ton of camo. No way production mirrors would ever be like that, not even a European version lol.

Aggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito!
Hmmmmm do you guys also see a slanted/angled C-pillar in this picture or am I seeing things?!

Talking about the the white pillar to the inside of the hardtop with the wires ziptied to it.

ModdedJK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Modded JK
Clubs

Hmmmmm do you guys also see a slanted/angled C-pillar in this picture or am I seeing things?!

Talking about the the white pillar to the inside of the hardtop with the wires ziptied to it.
Yes that's what I see too.. There's a definite lean with the C pillar. Really curious what that is going to look like. Hopefully it gets undressed soon or we see someone work that into a photoshop.
Sponsored