Sponsored

2018 Jeep Wrangler Price?

DropTopGal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBA: 2018 JL Wrangler, 2017 GS Corvette
Vehicle Showcase
Update: from a very reliable source, the MSRP mark up on a Jeep Wrangler is on average 4.85% above dealership invoice. To clarify, the dealership invoice that I am referring to is the amount of $$ the dealer pays to the manufacturer for a given unit. The manufacturer invoice is the actual cost to make the unit (car, truck, whatever) that is less $$ than the dealer invoice. Heck I even have the dealer invoice cost for every available option, package, etc. up through current model year 2017 including the true residual amounts for leases.
By far, the best deals to be had are employee pricing which is often a few hundred dollars BELOW the manufacturer invoice.
The next best pricing is often the supplier pricing but there are times where good negotiating can actually beat supplier price, all be it not by much.
Sponsored

AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Update: from a very reliable source, the MSRP mark up on a Jeep Wrangler is on average 4.85% above dealership invoice. To clarify, the dealership invoice that I am referring to is the amount of $$ the dealer pays to the manufacturer for a given unit. The manufacturer invoice is the actual cost to make the unit (car, truck, whatever) that is less $$ than the dealer invoice. Heck I even have the dealer invoice cost for every available option, package, etc. up through current model year 2017 including the true residual amounts for leases.
By far, the best deals to be had are employee pricing which is often a few hundred dollars BELOW the manufacturer invoice.
The next best pricing is often the supplier pricing but there are times where good negotiating can actually beat supplier price, all be it not by much.
BTW, even if a dealer sells you a car at or below invoice, they can still be making money because often times the dealers get further discounts on what it costs them to buy a car from the manufacturer. That's why dealers can sometimes sell cars for under invoice.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
JK pricing has been going up 3% annually according to our largest dealer and they tell me that the price will continue to rise as long as people are buying them.

Since I got my 2013 JKU, the sticker MSRP for the exact same configuation has gone up $4,000.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I've noticed that "Destination Charges" ( cost to ship to Dealer) are now $1,000. Don't forget that when looking at prices, sometimes those "super prices" say "Dealer prep and Shipping NOT INCLUDED.

Sport11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
JK pricing has been going up 3% annually according to our largest dealer and they tell me that the price will continue to rise as long as people are buying them.

Since I got my 2013 JKU, the sticker MSRP for the exact same configuation has gone up $4,000.
JK pricing's been able to go up annually and avoid big discounts by dealers because of the low supply to demand ratio. With the JL it sounds like they'll be able to better satisfy the demand with production at the Toledo North plant. So it'll be interesting to see what price the JL and JLU start at and if they can keep increasing pricing every year like now.

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
JK pricing's been able to go up annually and avoid big discounts by dealers because of the low supply to demand ratio. With the JL it sounds like they'll be able to better satisfy the demand with production at the Toledo North plant. So it'll be interesting to see what price the JL and JLU start at and if they can keep increasing pricing every year like now.
I hope they retain the 3% annual increases and continue to just barely meet demand. This would be good for all Jeep owners (resale, etc). My fear is that it'll be a much larger jump (>10%) from the JK to the JL for the higher end (Sahara/Rubi) models, and then continue to rise 3% YoY. If they are smart, they will start it at 3% for the '18 vs the '17, as they've done every other year, and then they will make their money back over normal production time on the R&D as they've done with the TJ and the JK. I just inherently do not trust Fiat.

Sport11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
What is everyone's guesses on price increase after seeing some of the new options/features? It's sure looking like a 10-15% increase to me. Although I was glad to see some basics like AC still optional. Signals they are still trying to keep the base Sport relatively no frills and low cost.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Boy I sure hope not. If prices go up like that and then certain dealers add " markups" well say bye bye just look what happened to the land cruiser. 80K +

CGNJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK Sport, 2017 JKU Sport S
I'm not sure if our prices in Canada are directly related to our weak dollar at the moment but I bought my 2011 JK Sport new for 20,995 and I can't find a 2017 JK Sport for under $31K in BC. Unlimiteds are closer to $50K in British Columbia right now, I would be surprised if the JL didn't have a jump in price with all of the new standard features.
My 2011 Sport is bare bones, stick, manual windows, no AC and no connectivity or tech whatsoever. Unfortunately it doesn't look like the JL will have the option of no options.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
I'm not sure if our prices in Canada are directly related to our weak dollar at the moment
Yes they are but they are calculated based on the beginning of the model year, and then each new introduced special edition throughout. As such 2015 vs 2016 prices jumped substantially in Canada due to the change in the dollar.

but I bought my 2011 JK Sport new for 20,995 and I can't find a 2017 JK Sport for under $31K in BC.
That's off the lot, you can build it for cheaper. That all you BC folks are so flashy isn't Jeep's fault. :dance: :giggle:
Also, you can negotiate. When I was forced to buy off the lot, I got about $9K off the sticker, even after window protection and undercoating.

My 2011 Sport is bare bones, stick, manual windows, no AC and no connectivity or tech whatsoever. Unfortunately it doesn't look like the JL will have the option of no options.
Sure it will, my 2010 JK was bare bones manual everything plus 17" tire+suspension package, my 2015 JK has added EVIC and 430 radio for RearCamera mod, but still manual everything. They still sell the base Sport with 16 inch steelies, but they are very rare on lots (except here in cheapskate complain about everything even if oil was back at $150/barrel Alberta), 'cause most people want just barely more than the minimalist Sport-B.

My advice, figure out exactly what you want and order your own , don't buy off the lot, therefore you can get special add-ons like EVIC without being forced into a different price bracket. But if you want to save even more, then at the end of the Model Year switch-over next summer, scan BC & AB dealer inventory on Jeep.ca for a similar Wrangler to what you want on the lot, and then go in and negotiate , and take advantage ontop of your negotiation skills of usually about $3-5k in discounts during the summer sales. and if you build your own either near Xmas or the Summer, then you can get your custom order,but again leverage those big sale incentives.

And stop being so BC emo.... Just Kidding !! :angel:
I was just out to the island an back and love BC, and often the people more than ours sometimes. :like:

IMG_0754.JPG

Sponsored

CGNJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK Sport, 2017 JKU Sport S
Yes they are but they are calculated based on the beginning of the model year, and then each new introduced special edition throughout. As such 2015 vs 2016 prices jumped substantially in Canada due to the change in the dollar.

And stop being so BC emo.... Just Kidding !! :angel:
I was just out to the island an back and love BC, and often the people more than ours sometimes. :like:
Haha! I'm originally from QC so that's where my "pinch my pennies" attitude comes from! Thanks for the tips and yes BC is awesome but we all know what those initials stand for.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
JL will definitely have mid and upper trim levels that are reaching insane prices well into the upper $40k (US dollars) range. They are going to take this iteration of the Wrangler upscale and try to cash in on it. The question is, will there still be a low end model for the average guy? Will the base price still be in the $25k ball park? Or is that going up significantly too?

The problem is that even with the popularity of Wrangler, there is a point of diminishing returns. At some point a lot of guys are going to say screw that I can buy a 4-door crew cab 4x4 full size pickup truck for that price.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I'm always cynical of car companies that when they bring out a complete new generation of a model they'll use that as an excuse to jack up prices. Wrangler hasn't had a new platform for 10 years so no telling what they'll do but Jeeps are the company's lifeline so I doubt they'll be stupid enough to jack up JL Wrangler prices and risk a big downturn in sales. My guess is no more than $500 increase from the current JK prices.
After seeing that side airbags and rear cameras have to be standard now due to federal regulations -- going to be easily double that, at bare minimum.

Boy I sure hope not. If prices go up like that and then certain dealers add " markups" well say bye bye just look what happened to the land cruiser. 80K +
Too high of production vehicle for markups to last.. and on top of that you have the Costco buyers program and tread lightly. Chrysler will just accept every and all orders put into the system. This is different than sports car world that require "allocations" for special cars. You'll probably see markups from some dealers for a few weeks and that's it. They're making > 200k of these a year.

Eugene the Jeep

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU in black
After seeing that side airbags and rear cameras have to be standard now due to federal regulations -- going to be easily double that, at bare minimum.

Too high of production vehicle for markups to last.. and on top of that you have the Costco buyers program and tread lightly. Chrysler will just accept every and all orders put into the system. This is different than sports car world that require "allocations" for special cars. You'll probably see markups from some dealers for a few weeks and that's it. They're making > 200k of these a year.
With increased capacity from the plant expansion there shouldn't be the supply issue that helped keep JK prices higher too IMO. So hopefully dealers are more willing to deal on the JL vs the JK.

robplumm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKUR in Dozer
JL will definitely have mid and upper trim levels that are reaching insane prices well into the upper $40k (US dollars) range. They are going to take this iteration of the Wrangler upscale and try to cash in on it. The question is, will there still be a low end model for the average guy? Will the base price still be in the $25k ball park? Or is that going up significantly too?

The problem is that even with the popularity of Wrangler, there is a point of diminishing returns. At some point a lot of guys are going to say screw that I can buy a 4-door crew cab 4x4 full size pickup truck for that price.
My problem is they try to make the Rubicon the "upper tier"

Rubicon shouldn't be the upper tier, luxury edition...Sahara should.

Rubicon SHOULD be a base Sport with the off-road add-ons. Then add what you want from there. But it's not. My '12 has tons of stuff I didn't care for that drives the price up (heated mirrors for instance). And I ordered literally the base model...6 spd, soft top...zero options on the build.

The Willys was a pretty good compromise...but would like to see it with more of the Rubi parts available for options.
Sponsored