Sponsored

2018 Jeep Wrangler Price?

Midnight2d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Rubicon
Im always for more options for buyers but it probably won't happen. They sort of make you choose between serious offroader or comfort and convenience. The Sahara is as premium as it is going to get I think. Any more comfort and luxury and you're going to have to start redesigning the vehicle's core dynamics, layout, wheelbase, softer suspension etc. there's only so much they can do with the same vehicle that is offered from Sport to Rubicon trim.
Sponsored

Cam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In between Wranglers right now
I may be the minority but I would like to see a package even higher then the Rubicon. Maybe like an Overland package which takes all the Rubis offroad parts and mixes it with more creature comforts and positions it as a more like a Land Rover Defender.
Im always for more options for buyers but it probably won't happen. They sort of make you choose between serious offroader or comfort and convenience. The Sahara is as premium as it is going to get I think. Any more comfort and luxury and you're going to have to start redesigning the vehicle's core dynamics, layout, wheelbase, softer suspension etc. there's only so much they can do with the same vehicle that is offered from Sport to Rubicon trim.
You never know, it might happen if Jeep wants to broaden the Wrangler's demographics even more. Never underestimate the wealthy set's appetite for a luxury SUV with a rugged image. You could do like @Vegas_Sirk suggested and leave the technical capabilities of the Rubis but throw in the most premium interior for a Wrangler ever and package it as a "luxury" Wrangler with a heavy markup. Wouldn't take much more $ for Jeep to do and profit margin would be better than any other model.

AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
You never know, it might happen if Jeep wants to broaden the Wrangler's demographics even more. Never underestimate the wealthy set's appetite for a luxury SUV with a rugged image. You could do like @Vegas_Sirk suggested and leave the technical capabilities of the Rubis but throw in the most premium interior for a Wrangler ever and package it as a "luxury" Wrangler with a heavy markup. Wouldn't take much more $ for Jeep to do and profit margin would be better than any other model.
Jeep obviously thinks it can sell premium priced cars now (look at the $100k+ Wagoneer rumors) so I see no reason it couldn't go even more upmarket (and price) with the top of the range Wrangler models/packages. Besides possibly tarnishing the Wrangler's classic image as a bare bones true utility vehicle, which if we're honest, the 4 door Wranglers being driven by soccer moms already does, there's little to lose but lots to gain.

Joe Camel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Charger, Planning for JLU
The Wrangler is never going to be a super plush ride or feel/look. If that's what I wanted I'd be looking at a Land Rover not a Jeep. You can bet even the Sport would increase in price if they decided to go upmarket. Plus the last thing I want when I'm wheeling and the top/doors are off is worry about ruining my plush interior. That's what my wife's Audi Q5 is for.

Davos77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Since the new factory having twice the capacity of the current setup I wonder if it will affect Wrangler pricing by changing the supply to demand ratio? Jeep sells every single Wrangler made now and still can't fully meet demand so there's no incentive to reduce pricing, but once they can make twice as many as now and if demand is met, we might see pricing not hold as strongly as now?

Sponsored

N.Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 TJ
With the rumors lately of FCA possibly selling off Alpha and Fiat to pay off its current debt, the company is clearly not in good financial shape. So they better not screw up on pricing the JL/JT properly. The company's survival depends to large extent on the Wrangler containing to sell as well as its been.

Dackel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU, Ram 1500
Since the new factory having twice the capacity of the current setup I wonder if it will affect Wrangler pricing by changing the supply to demand ratio? Jeep sells every single Wrangler made now and still can't fully meet demand so there's no incentive to reduce pricing, but once they can make twice as many as now and if demand is met, we might see pricing not hold as strongly as now?
Did you see these plans for the Toledo plants? http://www.jlwranglerforums.com/for...toledo-assembly-plant-schedule.633/#post-2091

According to that only the Toledo North plant will build the JL and Toledo South will build the JT. That means JL capacity won't be double the current capacity for the current JK. It might be more than now but not double. End of the day, Jeep is either going to be physically limited by how many regular (non-pickup) Wranglers it can crank out or they can control production numbers to make sure they don't flood the market with too many.

The Doc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Wrangler Unlimited, Future JT Pickup (hopefully)
Did you see these plans for the Toledo plants? http://www.jlwranglerforums.com/for...toledo-assembly-plant-schedule.633/#post-2091

According to that only the Toledo North plant will build the JL and Toledo South will build the JT. That means JL capacity won't be double the current capacity for the current JK. It might be more than now but not double. End of the day, Jeep is either going to be physically limited by how many regular (non-pickup) Wranglers it can crank out or they can control production numbers to make sure they don't flood the market with too many.
Makes sense. That’d help them keep new sales prices higher. On the other hand it also helps the car resale values higher for us owners too.

Sport11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Wonder how the JK resale will hold up after the JL is released. Could it even go up in value lol?? I worry the JL will see a big increase. LED headlights for sure and probably some more comfort features. Standard AC/power everything? I hope they keep most of that on the options list.
I don't think we'll see a big increase... at least with the entry level base 2 door JL. The higher packages and models could see

I can't imagine a base 2 door JL would be too expensive. Especially with all the higher packages that will be available above it. So I think the 2 door JL Sport will start right around $24-25k like now.

LordEgg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Yeah. I bought an 01 X for 17. Then a 07 Jku for 24, the a 12 jk rubicon for 29. The top end is where the big gains are. I can't believe they will go much higher than now

Sponsored

billklausm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wrangler Sport
Definitely. 30,000 is pretty much at the very bottom of the range too. It can easily have a 40-50K price tag if you're going for well optioned JKU, Rubicon. Even worse considering almost all Wrangler owners will be spending more $$ right off the bat for some parts and various mods.

Some competition will do it good I hope. I have no interest in the Bronco but I think it benefit Wrangler buyers in more ways than one.
Ya think that the 2018 Wrangler will be for us old farts who want to leave the top in place and remove the side and rear windows?
It would be about time that Jeep thought of this, eh?

billklausm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wrangler Sport
I've had several 2-dr Wranglers and I've always wanted to leave a hardtop in place and remove side and rear windows. Does the new one look like it has removable side and rear windows? If so, I'm, next in line to order one.

CorpCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 Quad Cab

Ikari Warrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport
Current 2017 Wranglers are selling for about 2-5% below invoice and 8-10% below MSRP. I doubt we'll see anything under MSRP for the JL/JLU for a while after launch. Probably be lucky to even see sticker right at launch.

DropTopGal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBA: 2018 JL Wrangler, 2017 GS Corvette
Vehicle Showcase
There is no way I / we have or will pay MSRP for any vehicle purchased or leased, and definitely not on a mass produced and frankly, not uniquely special Jeep. Heck, even my current 2017 GS Corvette that was ordered just for us and we were among the first to get the C7 Grand Sport - got about 11% below MSRP with no haggle. Our 2015 Porsche, 7% below MSRP (most get 4% to 6% off a Porsche). Mind you, the Corvette, Porsche, etc are rather unique and not mass produced even close to the production numbers that a Jeep is. Hence, the Jeep, even a new model, should be purchased below MSRP, particularly for credit qualified or cash in full buyers like us.

Do your homework online to accurately price out your JL, make an offer of $500 to $1000 over actual invoice, never pay any "dealer fees", remember that the dealership makes 3% holdback on MSRP regardless of the sales price, the dealership (and the salesman) want to sell volume, don't play the "sit in the dealership for hours, four boxes, back and forth game... Potentially purchase through other sources that have an already reduced, no haggle pricing... ie. TrueCar, USAA, Costco, etc (but you can actually negotiate better than their prices). Apply any and all rebates and incentives AFTER you negotiated the price down from MSRP. FYI on incentives and rebates, the dealership is reimbursed directly from the manufacturer for the $ amounts, don't let them tell you different.

Clearly, it is not our first car buying rodeo. I keep all of the window stickers for every new car we buy since 1989 (ouch!) and the file is way thicker than I care to admit.
Sponsored

Last edited: