2018 Jeep Wrangler Price?

OP
OP

Jeep XXL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Yikes 4500. The Cherokee sells in good numbers too. Anyone know what the take rate has been for the diesel?
Sponsored

KirkS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Cherokee
Yikes 4500. The Cherokee sells in good numbers too. Anyone know what the take rate has been for the diesel?
You mean the Grand Cherokee. Its not available for Cherokee. It's going to come down to take-rate for sure. The 3.0 Ecodiesel is a strong seller and a $2350 upgrade for the Ram 1500. Only about 8% Grand Cherokees are sold with the diesel. It's going to be a much better sell with off road SUV's and trucks obviously. That should keep it from being too expensive and available on All trims.

JLtherig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU (future)
I wouldn't be surprised if the diesel came in at around that figure in the JL.

I'm sure pricing will continue along the lines of the JK, give or take a thousand or so. I don't see them adding too much else in the way of features, but perhaps improving features that add value to the justification of them charging whatever the price will be.

Indio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep TJ, 1985 Jeep CJ-7, 1972 Series III Land Rover
Occupation
Procrastinator
The Wrangler has been so successful because it's the everyman/woman's utility vehicle and its pricing has been affordable for most too. If they start chasing luxury/premium market, they're going to alienate Wrangler fans, tarnish its successful blue collar image and lose sales. Anyways I wouldn't be surprised to see them raise prices a tiny bit. Even just a little price increase will give the company a lot more profit because of the # of Wranglers they sell.
I think the current Wrangler is overpriced for a utility vehicle. Perhaps as mentioned, lack of competition has something to do with that. I priced a 4 door Wrangler and it was coming out close to $30,000, which I think is a bit absurd. This is not some lux vehicle - hope Jeep doesn't go the way of Land Rover. Currently I have a CJ-7 and Land Rover Series III 88. I wouldn't mind a 4 door 4x4 but have little desire to lay down 30 grand for one. I've been excited about the re-design and so visiting this site once in a while for spy pics and such - but the re-design seems so similar to the current model I wonder why bother changing it. Hopefully will be surprised when released, if the changes make a big positive difference in usage compared to the current model.

Bill P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited
Definitely. 30,000 is pretty much at the very bottom of the range too. It can easily have a 40-50K price tag if you're going for well optioned JKU, Rubicon. Even worse considering almost all Wrangler owners will be spending more $$ right off the bat for some parts and various mods.

Some competition will do it good I hope. I have no interest in the Bronco but I think it benefit Wrangler buyers in more ways than one.

Sponsored

SWinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler JK
I think the current Wrangler is overpriced for a utility vehicle. Perhaps as mentioned, lack of competition has something to do with that. I priced a 4 door Wrangler and it was coming out close to $30,000, which I think is a bit absurd. This is not some lux vehicle - hope Jeep doesn't go the way of Land Rover. Currently I have a CJ-7 and Land Rover Series III 88. I wouldn't mind a 4 door 4x4 but have little desire to lay down 30 grand for one. I've been excited about the re-design and so visiting this site once in a while for spy pics and such - but the re-design seems so similar to the current model I wonder why bother changing it. Hopefully will be surprised when released, if the changes make a big positive difference in usage compared to the current model.
Styling wise the JL is shaping up to be very similar to the JK and perhaps the most minor visual update for any new Wrangler generation. But it sounds like the whole roof structure will be updated majorly for both regulatory reason and to add some utility and practicality. Powertrain/drivetrain will also see major upgrades with a new 8 spd transmission, a revised V6, new turbo 4 option, and new diesel option. And there will even be a hybrid model later in the model life. I think these are smart moves on Jeep's part. Don't mess with the styling and image that's made the Wrangler so successful, but upgrade everything under the skin.

GI Jimmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, Waiting on next Wrangler
I don't think pricing will budge that much. Even if you compare prices from 10 years ago, it hasn't changed much.

The 2006 2-door sport cost $23500 and the 2016 2-door sport starts at $23895.
Sure starting price hasn't changed much on the lowest models, but the very top of the line models when specced out is in the $50k range! No doubt this has to do with the lack of any real competition. Once the Bronco hits the market this upward price creeping should stop. There's even rumors of Toyota coming back with a true BOF 4x4 car. The more competition the better for us consumers IMO

Campbell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger
Hope you're right. I'd love to see the JT pickup start under $25k. They'll fly out of showrooms at that price. If FCA is selling 15k Wranglers a month now while the car is in its last model year, imagine how many they could sell with a new model out plus a new body style.!
I'd be surprised if the Wrangler pickup starts under $25k. The F-150 starts above $26k and the Tacoma starts at $30k. Those are what I see as the JT pickup's biggest direct competitors and somewhere in between is where I see them pricing the Wrangler pickup. All the articles keep calling it a "lifestyle" truck so I think it'll be decently appointed and not just stripped down pickups focusing just on utility.

Indio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep TJ, 1985 Jeep CJ-7, 1972 Series III Land Rover
Occupation
Procrastinator
Looks like base price on the 1999 TJ Wrangler was $14,345. A comparable 2 door current Wrangler model starts at $23.895. That is nearly a $10,000 price jump. Have we had that much inflation the past 15 years to account for such a jump in price? I would like to review the yearly prices for more detail, but at some point in the past 15 years, seems like Wrangler prices got a bit out of whack for what is still a live axle utility type vehicle. Due to rust my old CJ has seen better days, but my trip to the Jeep lot was an eye opener, finding 2 door models nearing 30 grand and some 4 door models over that. Not sure if it is just a Jeep thing, or if prices have gone up the same all over the auto industry.

The Doc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Wrangler Unlimited, Future JT Pickup (hopefully)
Looks like base price on the 1999 TJ Wrangler was $14,345. A comparable 2 door current Wrangler model starts at $23.895. That is nearly a $10,000 price jump. Have we had that much inflation the past 15 years to account for such a jump in price? I would like to review the yearly prices for more detail, but at some point in the past 15 years, seems like Wrangler prices got a bit out of whack for what is still a live axle utility type vehicle. Due to rust my old CJ has seen better days, but my trip to the Jeep lot was an eye opener, finding 2 door models nearing 30 grand and some 4 door models over that. Not sure if it is just a Jeep thing, or if prices have gone up the same all over the auto industry.
It's definitely not just the Wrangler. Everything is more expensive now, in part because cars are just so much more costly to produce due to all the safety and EPA requirements.

I don't think any of us would disagree the price creep sucks. You can barely find any new JKUs optioned to less than 30k. Even used ones are hardly ever that low since they retain their value pretty well. Really hoping the JL (and JT) is going to keep the same pricing or just a little more than the JK.

Sponsored

JoKer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Wrangler Sport
Wonder how the JK resale will hold up after the JL is released. Could it even go up in value lol?? I worry the JL will see a big increase. LED headlights for sure and probably some more comfort features. Standard AC/power everything? I hope they keep most of that on the options list.

Cal_JLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future JLU
Wonder how the JK resale will hold up after the JL is released. Could it even go up in value lol?? I worry the JL will see a big increase. LED headlights for sure and probably some more comfort features. Standard AC/power everything? I hope they keep most of that on the options list.
As of late, it seems as if FCA is loading cars with lots of upmarket standard equipment, like LED'S standard on all JK/ JKU's for the '17 model year (Sport trim excepted). I suspect with some of the new packaging innovations and upgraded quality the JL/ JLU will probably go up in base pricing a few hundred dollars, give or take. Whatever the case, prepare to pay up.

JoKer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Wrangler Sport
As of late, it seems as if FCA is loading cars with lots of upmarket standard equipment, like LED'S standard on all JK/ JKU's for the '17 model year (Sport trim excepted). I suspect with some of the new packaging innovations and upgraded quality the JL/ JLU will probably go up in base pricing a few hundred dollars, give or take. Whatever the case, prepare to pay up.
A few hundred increase on a totally new car would not be too bad. I want all the upmarket features to stay off the Sport trim if they can't find a way to offer it at or close to the same price. They may have put it on the last of the JK's to make them more special and help move sales ahead of the JL?

Campbell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger
I posted these stats in another thread but Ford sold 72k Fseries trucks in November alone. Truck sales were up 4.9% and SUV sales were up almost 20% in November.

So considering the current feeding frenzy on SUVs and trucks, demand for the new Wrangler SUV and pickup will be super high even if they add a few hundred, especially if they market the Wrangler as having more content and being more premium (which they actually will be).

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
I may be the minority but I would like to see a package even higher then the Rubicon. Maybe like an Overland package which takes all the Rubis offroad parts and mixes it with more creature comforts and positions it as a more like a Land Rover Defender.
Sponsored