Sponsored

2018 Jeep Wrangler Price?

Jeep XXL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Do you think it'll be less, same or more than the JK?

With Unlimited Rubicons going for almost 50,000 and the Renegade and other models filling in the entry market I sure hope the JL Wrangler price is not going to start creeping up a la the Mercedes G Wagon.

Hope it is no more than like 25-26,000 if it increases.
Sponsored

AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
I'm always cynical of car companies that when they bring out a complete new generation of a model they'll use that as an excuse to jack up prices. Wrangler hasn't had a new platform for 10 years so no telling what they'll do but Jeeps are the company's lifeline so I doubt they'll be stupid enough to jack up JL Wrangler prices and risk a big downturn in sales. My guess is no more than $500 increase from the current JK prices.

Otto

First Name
Otto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sport (JK)

With Unlimited Rubicons going for almost 50,000 and the Renegade and other models filling in the entry market I sure hope the JL Wrangler price is not going to start creeping up a la the Mercedes G Wagon.

The Wrangler has been so successful because it's the everyman/woman's utility vehicle and its pricing has been affordable for most too. If they start chasing luxury/premium market, they're going to alienate Wrangler fans, tarnish its successful blue collar image and lose sales. Anyways I wouldn't be surprised to see them raise prices a tiny bit. Even just a little price increase will give the company a lot more profit because of the # of Wranglers they sell.

Uptonogood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 TJ

Right now they can price the Wrangler pretty much whatever they want since demand seems to be higher than supply and there's absolutely no direct competition. They have to be careful of how they price the JL though IMO. With the Bronco coming out they shouldn't get too greedy and jack up the JL Wrangler prices much. Ford's got the luxury of coming out later than the JL and can price the Bronco to be ultra competitive or undercut the Wrangler.

Ernie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
It shouldnt be much more since there probably wont be a ton of new features. Even the LED headlights are already available for 2017.

Sponsored

Uptonogood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 TJ
I don't think pricing will budge that much. Even if you compare prices from 10 years ago, it hasn't changed much.

The 2006 2-door sport cost $23500 and the 2016 2-door sport starts at $23895.

JKguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 JKU Rubicon, '03 GMC Sierra 2500 Diesel, 1995 YJ Laredo
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think pricing will budge that much. Even if you compare prices from 10 years ago, it hasn't changed much.

The 2006 2-door sport cost $23500 and the 2016 2-door sport starts at $23895.
It'll probably be around the same price as a base JK or JKU. My first Jeep was a 95 YJ Laredo. The price I bought mine for (brand new) was around 26,550, (pretty close to what you can get a base JK nowadays) or something like that, Judging by the price on a base JK I think you're right, it shouldn't cost more than 500 more than the base JK.

Last edited:

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sure the JT will be competitive price wise with the Tacoma as that will be one of its main competitors ... so I would assume the JL will be will be near current prices

N.Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 TJ
I'm sure the JT will be competitive price wise with the Tacoma as that will be one of its main competitors ... so I would assume the JL will be will be near current prices
Hope you're right. I'd love to see the JT pickup start under $25k. They'll fly out of showrooms at that price. If FCA is selling 15k Wranglers a month now while the car is in its last model year, imagine how many they could sell with a new model out plus a new body style.

Oh and the JT featured in the renderings posted today make the Taco look like a Frankenstein project. The design of that car looks like it was cobbled together from multiple cars designed by different ppl!

Otto

First Name
Otto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sport (JK)
Hope you're right. I'd love to see the JT pickup start under $25k. They'll fly out of showrooms at that price. If FCA is selling 15k Wranglers a month now while the car is in its last model year, imagine how many they could sell with a new model out plus a new body style.

Oh and the JT featured in the renderings posted today make the Taco look like a Frankenstein project. The design of that car looks like it was cobbled together from multiple cars designed by different ppl!
In terms of sales #'s don't forget the Wrangler has some direct competition coming which will steal some sales. But that should be more than offset by the extra sales gained from the 2019 Wrangler pickup. The pickup market is HUGE! Ford sold 780k F series trucks in 2015 alone.

I think the Wrangler 2 and 4 door prices will pretty much stay the same so the wildcard is what the JT pickup will be priced at. And I wonder how many levels/trims it will get and what those will be priced at.

Sponsored

Taimaishu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
US car sales seem to have peaked so it'll be interesting to see if JK sales hold up until the JL release. If it starts to dip I could see them pricing the JL the same as the JK. Not like the car is looking to be a revolutionary change anyway.

BTW How do you guys think the diesel model will be priced within the lineup (compared to the other engines)?

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Diesel will be the most expensive .... like on the Grand Cherokee. They might even follow the Grand Cherokee and only offer it on Sahara and Rubicon models as you can only get it in the Cherokee on Limited, Overland and Summit models

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2008 WK Laredo CRD...

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
I ment more in line with what they are currently doing. I know on the older Cherokees they offered the diesel, but the new ones are only available in limited+ trims which is super annoying, but also forces offset costs as they have more margin in those due to the options.

JTman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JT to come
Diesel will be the most expensive .... like on the Grand Cherokee. They might even follow the Grand Cherokee and only offer it on Sahara and Rubicon models as you can only get it in the Cherokee on Limited, Overland and Summit models
I hope it doesn't end up costing as much as it does on the Grand Cherokee Limited. The V6 diesel upgrade costs $4500. I'd love a diesel but that's way too high of an upgrade price over the V6!
Sponsored