Sponsored

2018 Jeep Wrangler Price MSRP, 2.0L Turbo MPG, Colors Previews Shown in JL Internal Info Sheet

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I can wait. I’m not in a huge hurry. I’ll wait until I can order exactly what I want. I’m not a huge fan of any of the wheels on that document.
I'd bet they release all black when the other colors come out, because black will look REALLY good with them. That would make sense, as it was on the screamin' yellow honker.
Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
I'd bet they release all black when the other colors come out, because black will look REALLY good with them. That would make sense, as it was on the screamin' yellow honker.
OR...

Hehem... let me get into character...

Mrburns.gif

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Black ones are not Standard OR Optional, but instead pulled from a future Special Edition...

just like the Hella Yella colour itself...
and previous blacked out Rims (Winter Edition, HR, etc).

I hope not, but it wouldn’t surprise me.

joesjeepjungle

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ, LJ, JKU, CJ6, Ram 2500
Vehicle Showcase
I think the increase in base price is real for the most part....

Aluminum doors, magnesium tailgate, 8 speed automatic, turbo 4-cylinder, power retracting top, 8.4" nav screen, new 4wd system(s)....all things that cost more than what is on the current JK/JKU and adding more of the cost to the premium models would keep the entry level price down....

randyp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
truck
The 2018 "Build Your Wrangler" on jeep.com shows a 5-speed automatic. I assume they just haven't updated this?

Why would they show the old model as a 2018 though? (will there be both for the MY 2018?)

Phenomenon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata
The 2018 "Build Your Wrangler" on jeep.com shows a 5-speed automatic. I assume they just haven't updated this?

Why would they show the old model as a 2018 though? (will there be both for the MY 2018?)
That's for the 2018 JK, I believe.

Sponsored

joesjeepjungle

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ, LJ, JKU, CJ6, Ram 2500
Vehicle Showcase

There are two 2018 Wranglers.

They renamed the JK platform from "Wrangler" to "JK Wrangler"...all previous JK years were just "Wrangler".

The JL platform is just "Wrangler".

OP
OP
DrPerez007

DrPerez007

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See Signature
Occupation
Public Safety & Legal Consultant
Geez, not even my wife thanks me for going to auto shows! LOL.

What a few others said, I agree: be very aware of ordering your new JL/U based on anything on this site or any other thread. The sheets I put forth are over 90 days old, but they appear to be the only thing Jeep is operating on these days. And while I believe them to be mostly accurate, I certainly would not bet my next pay check on them. Although, to my knowledge, these sheets don't conflict with much else Jeep has officially published. We are all operating on very limited information so let the buyer beware when ordering something that hasn't been dealer priced nor publicly spec'd. For all we know, Jeep may be gauging public response to the leaked photos and information, as well as the LA auto show, before final equipment decisions are made (the same way Hollywood makes several different endings to movies and then picks one based on public reaction). Hard to believe, however, with production already starting and units scheduled to be on dealer lots in less than 60 days. I think what we know today is fairly close to what the JL will look like and be equipped in general.

It was my decision to buy a used '16 JKU Sahara in July because what I did see of the new JL wasn't enough to persuade me to wait for it. I wanted the Hydro Blue, and the cost of the (then) one-year old JKU with 12,000 miles was over $10,000 less than even a new '18 JKU Sahara (with discounts) and apparently somewhere in the neighborhood of $13,000 less than an '18 JLU. That's real savings that I can use to outfit it. Too tempting to pass up.

Now, having seen everything on nearly every JL forum thread and the Internet for the last year+ and after paying good money to fly out to LA and then having personally spent roughly two hours crawling thru the JLs there, my decision to wait at least until the fall for the 2019 JLU is reaffirmed. Mind you, I had certain reservations in 2007 when the new JKU came out and waited until the 2008 model year to buy (although I did keep my TJ). Having said that, I think the JL is a fine unit and appears to have "corrected" a number of the JK deficiencies and upgraded others very nicely. I am impressed by it and maybe that is the problem, it's too "modern" for me; the dash, radio, and controls remind me a little too much of my '17 Durango. I love Jeep for its simplicity, another reason I kept my TJ and still continue to drive it. I understand the compromises necessary to expand the Wrangler base for FCA, I just need some time for the JL to grow on me. But I don't think anyone can go wrong buying one in the next few months.

One last thing, someone had complained about the lack of a key and the push-button start. My first jeep had a push-button start, albeit on the floor. It was a 1953 M38A1 and you had to push the starter with your foot. Maybe we haven't strayed as far as we think...

opsfox21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2023 WL Overland
I personally think the push button start suites the Wrangler very well for that reason. It reminds me of military vehicles or heavy equipment.

Even though you own the vehicle in reality, in my mind it gives it that feeling that it's one of a large fleet and you have the ability to just hop in and take it for a spin anytime. Especially so with the top and door removed.

The great thing is it won't work for anyone that doesn't have that key. Ah, modern technology.

OP
OP
DrPerez007

DrPerez007

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See Signature
Occupation
Public Safety & Legal Consultant
Two additional photos of spec sheets she (Jeep rep) emailed me at the LA Auto Show. Dated September. Excuse the overlay but they are exactly as were on her iPad and then sent to me.

IMG_7077.PNG
IMG_7078.PNG

Sponsored

R3D J33P

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR - Firecracker Red
So on this additional Spec sheet. What does "2-piece fender flares (Rubicon and Sahara) refer to? Does this mean the lower plastic.portion where of the fender can be removed (The LED Strip) to give it the look of the Jeep Safari concept?

ricku

Threads
Reaction score
Is there any specific information around on the Sport and Sport S ?
All I've been seeing is the Rubi and Sahara. A bit out of my price range.

theplankeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
So on this additional Spec sheet. What does "2-piece fender flares (Rubicon and Sahara) refer to? Does this mean the lower plastic.portion where of the fender can be removed (The LED Strip) to give it the look of the Jeep Safari concept?
The colored fender version is two pieces. One piece is aluminum/painted, the other is plastic. It is safe to assume the aluminum piece cannot work on its own.

Last edited:

JTman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JT to come
Two additional photos of spec sheets she (Jeep rep) emailed me at the LA Auto Show. Dated September. Excuse the overlay but they are exactly as were on her iPad and then sent to me.

IMG_7077.PNG
IMG_7078.PNG
Nice these new sheets show the diesel for 2019 model year.
Sponsored