Sponsored

2018 Jeep Wrangler Price MSRP, 2.0L Turbo MPG, Colors Previews Shown in JL Internal Info Sheet

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
A more reasonable hypothesis is that the auto is a $2000 upcharge and the 2.0/auto combo is a $3500 upcharge.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
This very well could be true. It would explain why they chose to run the JK into the JLU production. Gives people time to adjust to sticker shock from the JL.
No.

The decisions regarding production were made years ago, so that consoiracy theory is bunk.

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
No nacho. Replaced by the Hella Yella that was at the show.

From Jay:

• Hella Yella, Mojito!, Sting-Gray, Ocean Blue and Punk’n colors should be available March-April 2018.

CantThinkOfAHandle

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 RAV4, 2015 BMW Diesel Sports Wagon
When, say, the BMW 3 Series inline 6 was replaced by a turbo 4, it wasn't offered as an upgrade, just as the new, more efficient engine. I don't see anything in the assumed specs for the Wrangler turbo to justify a steeply higher price than the V-6. Am I wrong? However, I do see keeping the V-6 around for owners who want a manual transmission, since this is the only way they'll be able to get one. I'll be curious to see how this actually sorts out.

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Jeep Dealer / Singer of Sentimental Ballads
The way this one is going down is as reported. The 3.6L manual is base, the 2.0 automatic will be the less expensive but first up charge, the 3.6 automatic will be the larger up charge.

Edit, and it is most definitely for the CAFE Rating. Got to keep making those 840 hp Challengers and 707hp Grand Cherokees somehow.

Last edited:

Izzy901

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Grand Cherokee
The way this one is going down is as reported. The 3.6L manual is base, the 2.0 automatic will be the less expensive but first up charge, the 3.6 automatic will be the larger up charge.
So for those who ordered already, just expect to be paying a little extra for the automatic compared to the JK? Since 3.6L was only available, are we paying for that also or just the automatic upgrade in a nutshell?

Sponsored

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Jeep Dealer / Singer of Sentimental Ballads
So for those who ordered already, just expect to be paying a little extra for the automatic compared to the JK? Since 3.6L was only available, are we paying for that also or just the automatic upgrade in a nutshell?
If you would have waited and ordered a 2.0 4 cyl, the cost would be less.

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
Just another reason why I'd pass on 3.6L. It wouldn't surprise me if Jeep said bye-bye to it in a few years if the 2.0L is cheaper for the average consumer.

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Yep this post from August:like:

I'm not sure where we have reported 2.0L as the base engine. If you can point me to it, I'll correct it.

Judging by the info we have, the 3.6L manual will be the base engine/transmission. If you are unfamiliar with the current JK packagaging here is an illustration:

01.jpg

Dealers were allowed to place JL ghost orders (no pricing) at the FCA dealer meeting we reported. Assuming what FCA previewed reflects the final packaging, it showed:
  • 3.6L manual will be the $0 cost entry configuration (i.e. 23G).
  • 2.0L (auto only) will be the 24G upcharge. On the JK, the 24G simply adds auto for $1400. Remains to be seen what a new engine/auto will add here.
  • 3.6L auto will be a clickable option on all trims and door configurations, like adding a tech group or hard top.
The 2.0L appears to be delayed by a few months, but we'll have more info next week.

We're going to post a major update on production timing for all of the engines/configurations next week so stay tuned. It'll shed some more light on these questions (and likely raise even more questions in its place).
Sponsored