Sponsored

2018 Jeep Wrangler Price MSRP, 2.0L Turbo MPG, Colors Previews Shown in JL Internal Info Sheet

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Not according to the documents in the original post. It shows that you need to select an option:

2.0 Turbo: $2,000
3.6 Pentastar: $3,500
You are misreading it.

First of all, it appears to be the pricing for the automatic with the different engines. Second of all, it is garbled and you can't really tell exactly what it is. Third of all, it is a 3-month old document so take it with a grain of salt.
Sponsored

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
The release brochure differs from the leaked documents. All of this is speculation right now except for the HP and torque numbers. I'm still 2 1/2 years from purchasing a JL or JT but I'm really starting to think they are going to price me out of the market. I've never been able to justify a $40k+ vehicle in my head even though I can afford it.

SwissHigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Imminent Rubicon
For those worrying about the power of the turbo, do you realize one flash will boost the HP/tq output by ~50?

Carlton_Banks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU
You are misreading it.

First of all, it appears to be the pricing for the automatic with the different engines. Second of all, it is garbled and you can't really tell exactly what it is. Third of all, it is a 3-month old document so take it with a grain of salt.
My original post took into account the price for an automatic transmission at the end.

JKU 3.6 and auto: $1400 (for auto)
JLU 3.6 and Auto $3500

This is a $2,100 increase for this alone.

MrJeepNut

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 CJ-7, 1997 TJ, 2018 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Here's a suggestion.

How bout we not all not panic about pricing at this point based on a couple of outdated leaked docs and one random window sticker from a pre production vehicle.

And if the JL ends up being too expensive for your liking...here's an idea--don't buy it. If it is truly too expensive, And enough people don't buy it, Jeep will be forced to lower the price. There's a reason they're increasing the price here guys. It's because people keep buying Wranglers. Jeep would be stupid not to test the price elasticity of demand when introducing a brand new Wrangler when the existing Wrangler has been selling like crack rock for a decade. AAAANNNND...Jeep is still giving you the option to buy a brand new JK for the next 6 months (likely for a steep discount) if that is what you truly want.

Or you could keep shaking your fist at the sky and being angry about how economics works. Whatever.
This is the post that makes the most sense to me in this thread. That JLU Sahara window sticker that was posted was likely fudged because they had to deliver something for which they don't have official, final pricing yet. The $45K "base price" was likely a rolled-up guesstimate with all the options added in. On a similar note, the August 2 pricing information that started this thread is vague, likely very preliminary, and subject to change. I think we will have real answers on pricing very soon, and if we don't like them, we can always choose to put our money elsewhere, or wait for the used JL market to take care of these pricing problems for us through the magic of depreciation. If FCA has truly set the prices too high, the market will bring them down to where they belong.

Sponsored

Carlton_Banks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU
But if the 2.0 Turbo wasn't available for those who ordered our Jeeps early, why would we have to pay for the only available option? Doesn't add up.
Being that the 2.0 was not available you would be purchasing the 3.6 which is an additional $3,500. If there was no other option, according to the original post this would be the case. Even if the 2.0 was available, and you selected that, you would still have to add $2,000 to the listed price. You have to add the engine choice to the MSRP whether it is the 2.0 Turbo for $2,000 or the 3.6 Pentastar for $3,500.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
My original post took into account the price for an automatic transmission at the end.

JKU 3.6 and auto: $1400 (for auto)
JLU 3.6 and Auto $3500

This is a $2,100 increase for this alone.
So that's where the grain of salt comes in.

But let's take this as gospel. I would spin it like this:

- The V6 and Automatic together is a terrible deal so those of you looking for an automatic should start getting used to the idea of the turbo 4

- The automatic alone in the JK $1,400. The automatic with the upgraded turbo engine (mild hybrid, better gas mileage, better torque) is $2,000. Pretty good deal to get the upgraded engine for $600.

What I don't agree with is all your made up math. Either quote the numbers on the page or wait and see.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Being that the 2.0 was not available you would be purchasing the 3.6 which is an additional $3,500. If there was no other option, according to the original post this would be the case. Even if the 2.0 was available, and you selected that, you would still have to add $2,000 to the listed price. You have to add the engine choice to the MSRP whether it is the 2.0 Turbo for $2,000 or the 3.6 Pentastar for $3,500.
Again, only if this document is accurate and only if someone ordered the automatic and of course they would expect an upcharge for the automatic.

Carlton_Banks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU
So that's where the grain of salt comes in.

But let's take this as gospel. I would spin it like this:

- The V6 and Automatic together is a terrible deal so those of you looking for an automatic should start getting used to the idea of the turbo 4

- The automatic alone in the JK $1,400. The automatic with the upgraded turbo engine (mild hybrid, better gas mileage, better torque) is $2,000. Pretty good deal to get the upgraded engine for $600.

What I don't agree with is all your made up math. Either quote the numbers on the page or wait and see.
There is no made up math. If the document is correct, so are the prices and increases listed.

Everything in the thread is based on the original post. The point of a forum Thread is to discuss the topic posted.

Only time will tell if the document is correct. In the meantime all we can do is discuss and wait...

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
How many are sold without A/C , any real numbers ?

All, of my JKs have been sans A/C, but I don’t pretend I am representative of anything other than my own desiress in that respect. From those without A/C it’s not even the price (incouding Canadian A/C tax).

I am likely part of a very small minority who would prefer No A/C even on my JKU / JLU if it were possible to get everything else in a Rubi or Sahara SE, and hate whenever it turns itself on with remote start.

However I would say/guess that likely there are as many of us without AC in a Base manual dorrs & manual windows JK as there are RubiHR owners.

Sponsored

Carlton_Banks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU
This very well could be true. It would explain why they chose to run the JK into the JLU production. Gives people time to adjust to sticker shock from the JL.

Personally I have purchased 165k worth of Jeep vehicles in the past 3 years. I like the vehicles, however if the sticker prices are too crazy, I will find something else I like.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
I cant help but thinking at that price point a Raptor is looking like a much more reasonable vehicle.
Still $20,000 more expensive for the Raptor, and it’s not a convertible, so your idea of ‘reasonable’ is pretty skewed. Colorado/Canyon reasonable, that I can buy, Raptor reasonable, then you’re not really using reason to arrive at that conclusion.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I don't understand the game Jeep is playing... Order banks are open, the vehicle has been officially revealed, why would you not release MSRP? The thing has been in development for years what is the problem? They even have the accessory prices listed at the show.
Pretty much how they do it with all new vehicles.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Why would the MSRP not include an engine? Think about this with a little bit of reason. Obviously those numbers are jumbled.
Sponsored