Sponsored

2018 Jeep Wrangler Price MSRP, 2.0L Turbo MPG, Colors Previews Shown in JL Internal Info Sheet

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Guys. Those numbers are obviously skewed. If you look at his original post with the screenshot, the numbers are all jumbled. I wouldn’t get all huffy just yet. Also the document is from August.
Sponsored

Carlton_Banks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU
This is what I was nervous about. Im thinking with options from the factory, a diesel, and then all the aftermarket goodies ($5-10k) we're looking at a $55k+ Wrangler. As much as Ive loved my Wranglers in the past I cant help but thinking at that price point a Raptor is looking like a much more reasonable vehicle.
If these prices are correct, I think Jeep will out price many customers. Additionally, the customers that can afford the higher prices will be looking at other options.

A Sport S with the 3.6 will be close to $38,000. A Rubicon with the 3.6 will be around $46,000. These prices include no options. Just vehicle, engine, delivery...

Carlton_Banks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU
Based on the original post a

JLU Sport S: $33,195
3.6 Engine: $3,500
Delivery fee: $1,095

Total: $37,790

Add taxes, Doc, etc and you will be over $40,000 without options. Add some options and the Sport S will be $45,000+.

Sponsored

North Idaho Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, but I've owned 13 Jeeps
So still mostly black interiors and no earthy paint color options available at all, huh? Strange after all of that marketing fluff about Jeep heritage and history. Ok, I guess now that all the hype is winding down I'll just wait to see if something interesting rolls onto the lot at Dave Smith Motors in a few years. Thanks for all the info along the way!

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Based on the original post a

JLU Sport S: $33,195
3.6 Engine: $3,500
Delivery fee: $1,095

Total: $37,790

Add taxes, Doc, etc and you will be over $40,000 without options. Add some options and the Sport S will be $45,000+.
There is not going to be a $3500 upchargenfor thenstandard engine. That document where all those numbers came from was all jumbled, as well as 4 months old. I’d wait to see official pricing before getting all hot and bothered.

JayV

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2015 Ford Expedition EL 4x4
Here's a suggestion.

How bout we not all not panic about pricing at this point based on a couple of outdated leaked docs and one random window sticker from a pre production vehicle.

And if the JL ends up being too expensive for your liking...here's an idea--don't buy it. If it is truly too expensive, And enough people don't buy it, Jeep will be forced to lower the price. There's a reason they're increasing the price here guys. It's because people keep buying Wranglers. Jeep would be stupid not to test the price elasticity of demand when introducing a brand new Wrangler when the existing Wrangler has been selling like crack rock for a decade. AAAANNNND...Jeep is still giving you the option to buy a brand new JK for the next 6 months (likely for a steep discount) if that is what you truly want.

Or you could keep shaking your fist at the sky and being angry about how economics works. Whatever.

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
I don't understand the game Jeep is playing... Order banks are open, the vehicle has been officially revealed, why would you not release MSRP? The thing has been in development for years what is the problem? They even have the accessory prices listed at the show.

Sponsored

Carlton_Banks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU
Not according to the documents in the original post. It shows that you need to select an option:

2.0 Turbo: $2,000
3.6 Pentastar: $3,500

Izzy901

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Grand Cherokee
Not according to the documents in the original post. It shows that you need to select an option:

2.0 Turbo: $2,000
3.6 Pentastar: $3,500
But if the 2.0 Turbo wasn't available for those who ordered our Jeeps early, why would we have to pay for the only available option? Doesn't add up.
Sponsored