Sponsored

2018 Jeep Wrangler Price MSRP, 2.0L Turbo MPG, Colors Previews Shown in JL Internal Info Sheet

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
If it's true automatic transmission buyers would almost have to get the turbo.
Sponsored

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
Sport (base) model has steel wheels, manual locks/windows and you can't order most of the option packages. You can only get the hardtop and automatic for options. Sport S has alloy wheels, keyless entry, power windows, tinted rear windows, and you can get more option packages.

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
What the hell? The 8 speed auto is a $3,500 option with the 3.6? That can't be correct. The date in that sheet is Aug 2. Not very recent.
Yeah, that doesn't make any sense.

JayV

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2015 Ford Expedition EL 4x4
It's almost like Jeep hasn't figured out which Rubi wheels are standard and which are the upgrade at this point.

When I ordered, the upgrade wheel was described as "black with polished lip" in the ordering guide. Which sounds a helluva lot like the wheel shown above as the upgrade wheel. Same one we saw in NZ pics and on the red Rubi in LA.

Buy Jay's intel is that one is the standard Rubi wheel.

Not sure we've seen that silver Rubi wheel mounted on a jeep in any "official" photos yet. That wheel all black on the yellow Rubi does look sick though. And I'm not normally a fan of blacked out wheels.

All I know at this point is the silver JLUR I ordered last month will have the standard wheels. Whatever those are. Lol.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
can someone please enlighten me on the differences between sport and sport S
Mostly power windows/locks and upgraded wheels. On a JK you also get leather wrapped steering wheel and shifter.

It also changes which other options and packages you can get.

Sponsored

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Maybe the $3,500 auto option on this sheet is for the Saraha selec-trac or the sheet is just too old to be accurate.

iki4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 328i Sportline
pricing is
Mostly power windows/locks and upgraded wheels. On a JK you also get leather wrapped steering wheel and shifter.

It also changes which other options and packages you can get.
can you get leather seats and led package?

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
A lot of information on this sheet looks wrong. The 2.0 HP number is not what was stated in the reveal. The 3.6 torque number is not correct. What the heck is the Rubicon Sport S? And we know from elsewhere that the pentastar is the base engine.

Sponsored

TJO

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk
Jeep rep sent me this (you are seeing it exactly as it is on her iPad and then sent to me).

Pricing breakdown:

2-Door JL
Sport - $26,195 ($2,200 more than 2017 JK)
Sport S - $29,095 ($2,100 more than 2017 JK)
Rubicon - $36,395 ($2,750 more than 2017 JK)

4-Door JLU
Sport - $29,995 ($2,100 more than 2017 JKU)
Sport S - $33,195 ($2,100 more than 2017 JKU)
Sahara - $36,995 ($2,700 more than 2017 JKU)
Rubicon - $40,195 ($2,750 more than 2017 JKU)

The chart I received below is a bit garbled, but here's how it's supposed to read:

2018-Jeep-Wrangler-JL-pricing-chart-list.jpg

2018-jeep-wrangler-jl-pricelist.jpg

Jeep rep also sent me this.. Another interesting fact, according to the Jeep materials provided the reps, only the Rubi JL weighs less than its predecessor. She stated all other models, despite the widespread use of aluminum, weigh more than their JK counterparts. WTH...

2018-jeep-wrangler-jl-colors-wheels-engines.jpg

Well, this finally answers a big question a lot of us rubi orders were hanging on. To this of you who held your orders congratulations. The rest of us have to figure out if we can cancel our orders or change them at this time. The standard wheel is the all black wheel all of us wanted, it's just not all black. the optional wheel is the ugly one none of us wanted. I can't believe the bottom wheel is optional one in this press release. On the positive note, if I can change my order now that will save me $1000 and help make up some of that $2750 increase.

JayV

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2015 Ford Expedition EL 4x4
Well, this finally answers a big question a lot of us rubi orders were hanging on. To this of you who held your orders congratulations. The rest of us have to figure out if we can cancel our orders or change them at this time. The standard wheel is the all black wheel all of us wanted, it's just not all black. the optional wheel is the ugly one none of us wanted. I can't believe the bottom wheel is optional one in this press release. On the positive note, if I can change my order now that will save me $1000 and help make up some of that $2750 increase.
Dude I wouldn't do anything just yet. So much conflicting info about the Rubi wheels. Who the hell knows what's the standard wheel and what's the optional one at this point.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
The fuel economy of the turbo 4 is listed as 21/24 mpg? Only 1 mpg higher Highway mileage?
Turbo 4 was always going to struggle on the highway with the aero of the Wrangler, and it’ll do worse as you go past the artificially low EPA MPH which averages 43 MPH and never crests 60MPH.

Would be interesting to see the high-speed portion of the EPA testing that gets up to 80MPH, likely the MPG flips there when the turbo is on boost more often.

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Turbo 4 was always going to struggle on the highway with the aero of the Wrangler, and it’ll do worse as you go past the artificially low EPA MPH which averages 43 MPH and never crests 60MPH.

Would be interesting to see the high-speed portion of the EPA testing that gets up to 80MPH, likely the MPG flips there when the turbo is on boost more often.
I dunno - with an 8spd auto and a torque curve as fat as it sound like it’ll be, the 2.0 might not be doing as much work @80mph as you’d think...

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
A lot of information on this sheet looks wrong. The 2.0 HP number is not what was stated in the reveal. The 3.6 torque number is not correct.
Those numbers are correct. The 270HP mentioned was rounding up, but all the literature quotes 268/295. And the PUG retains 285/260, so numbers are correct.

See below.

And we know from elsewhere that the pentastar is the base engine.
It’s still the engine on the BASE Wrangler which comes with manual transmission, not offered for the 2.0, which therefore cannot be offered on the base as it requires the 8-speed. That the Pentastar + 8AT is $3,500 premium over PUG+MT seems excessive, just for a transmission which currently commands half that for the NAG1.

Could be an old list when the Hurricane was the base, or a typo, but definitely disturbingly odd.

44B1E244-D273-4CB7-AA6C-4E6063FF4E52.jpeg
Sponsored