Sponsored

2018 Jeep Wrangler Price MSRP, 2.0L Turbo MPG, Colors Previews Shown in JL Internal Info Sheet

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Jeep Dealer / Singer of Sentimental Ballads
The price of a Rubicon with every option has increased $1000 a year for the last 4 years. So if it is a little under $48k now (no dual top), and add roughly $6k, I don't think somewhere in the $52k-$53k mark is too exorbitant when considering the differences between the JK and the JL. Sure its a lot of money, sure you can buy other vehicles for that or less. they surely won't be a loaded out Rubicon though...

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Ok. Yes.

But...

A. We have done nothing but wildly speculate on this forum for over a year. Why do we have to stop now?

B. While there is nothing to corroborate the pricing for the automatic, everything else on this piece of paper is consistent with what we know or expected based on info from Jay. It came from a dealer at LA auto show. So it is credible.

C. Both Jay and JLWF Dealer Guy have confirmed that the V6 will be an additional cost above the automatic and this was even reported in notes on this site back in August.

Now there is some funny math going on here I don't agree with but no harm done really.

Embrace the hysteria.
The fact that you think something from a dealer that they received over 3 months ago is credible is laughable. Most dealers are STILL in the dark over details of the JL, let alone 3 months ago.

JayV

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2015 Ford Expedition EL 4x4
There are about 150 responses on this thread and about 3 of them make any sense and everyone is ignoring them. There is no indication ANYWHERE there is a $3,500 “upcharge” for a 3.6 auto. The original post is not even a sticker price. If it is even correct then part of the engine/transmission lines are already embedded in the MSRP. And I won’t consider any MSRP official until Jeep officially releases them such as on the website. Like everyone I appreciate the enthusiasm and work to get info as soon as possible but this whole conversation is pure speculation. Also Jeep does not need to clarify any of this at this point because this is the only place there is any confusion. They have not published any of this. For those that already ordered I hope you get what you are hoping for. There is still no official pricing and at the time of many of the orders there was limited configuration info. Thank you Jay for all the hard work and you deserve a free jeep of your choice for dealing with this.
RG, stop trying to be rational. Ha.

RobNY

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 TJ
The fact that you think something from a dealer that they received over 3 months ago is credible is laughable. Most dealers are STILL in the dark over details of the JL, let alone 3 months ago.
But, per the first post, this document didn't come from a dealer.

FCA sent this document directly to the Jeep representatives at the LA Auto Show which is going on right now. So even if the document is dated 3 months ago, it likely was sent to the representatives not too long ago.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
The price of a Rubicon with every option has increased $1000 a year for the last 4 years. So if it is a little under $48k now (no dual top), and add roughly $6k, I don't think somewhere in the $52k-$53k mark is too exorbitant when considering the differences between the JK and the JL. Sure its a lot of money, sure you can buy other vehicles for that or less. they surely won't be a loaded out Rubicon though...
I agree. That's why I'm hoping/praying that with the manual and cloth seats, otherwise loaded, mine will fall right around $48k, maybe 49, with the 1% below invoice deal. I'm prepared for low 50's, though. Beyond that, they might get to keep it when it arrives. That's a nightmare scenario for me, but I'd head over to the Chevy dealer and pick up a ZR2 diesel for about 40, with my Dad's discount. I doubt that will happen, but Jeep needs to realize that to some extent, they are getting some competition that they've not had before. The new Bronco will be interesting, too.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
It was dated three months ago but it was provided to dealers as part of the info packet for the Show according to the OP. Also most of the information on that paper has been corroborated or is in line with expectations.

For example, the alternate Sport as wheels match the wheels in the brochure on the only official photo of a Sport. This is good stuff even if it is not 100% accurate.

this isn't just some post on Reddit.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Agreed. The original post is what made me comfortable enough to order on Friday. Specifically, clearing up which Rubi wheels were standard. A big thanks to Steve indeed!
I’m not so sure how accurate the wheel selection is on that document.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Viral? I suspect you think too highly of this ‘leak’, which even within this thread lack coherence.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I’m not so sure how accurate the wheel selection is on that document.
Just go with the description. Black with polished lip is exactly what you see on the New Zealand Rubicons. Polished with black pockets, which are listed in the ordering computer as standard, match the wheels in the promo video from Jeep, posted a day or two ago on Youtube. I posted the video on this thread... http://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/cool-video.2183/

Those be yer standard Rubi wheels...polished with black pockets!

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Just go with the description. Black with polished lip is exactly what you see on the New Zealand Rubicons. Polished with black pockets, which are listed in the ordering computer as standard, match the wheels in the promo video from Jeep, posted a day or two ago on Youtube. I posted the video on this thread... http://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/cool-video.2183/

Those be yer standard Rubi wheels...polished with black pockets!
But then jay said the black wheels shown on the yellow Rubi were the optional Rubi wheels. I don’t know what’s right, I’m just waiting to see real documentation before getting in a tizzy.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
But then jay said the black wheels shown on the yellow Rubi were the optional Rubi wheels. I don’t know what’s right, I’m just waiting to see real documentation before getting in a tizzy.
They might be, but not yet, or at least not when I ordered. Hopefully, they'll make them available becasue they look great. I'm good with the ones I ordered, though. They look hot on those Jeeps in New Zealand. Hey, if they don't offer the all black, do what I did with my old Moabs on my JKUR. 20 bucks of Plasti-Dip, and you'll have them in black and they'll be protected against road salt and corrosion. They'll look brand new when you peel it off.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
They might be, but not yet, or at least not when I ordered. Hopefully, they'll make them available becasue they look great. I'm good with the ones I ordered, though. They look hot on those Jeeps in New Zealand. Hey, if they don't offer the all black, do what I did with my old Moabs on my JKUR. 20 bucks of Plasti-Dip, and you'll have them in black and they'll be protected against road salt and corrosion. They'll look brand new when you peel it off.
I can wait. I’m not in a huge hurry. I’ll wait until I can order exactly what I want. I’m not a huge fan of any of the wheels on that document.

RUBIJIM

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 4Runner, 1967 Dodge R/T, 2018 Wrangler, Honda 750 K1
If you go to Jeep.com and click on the Wrangler JL, at the bottom you can download the JL e-brochure. It shows the Rubicon and Sahara wheels that match those in the documents in this thread. It also shows an optional soft-wrapped dash with accent stitching as an option for the Rubicon. Has a Sport model with the optional wheels, also. A lot of other info, too The color of the brochure looks similar to the Sting-Gray color in the late-availability picture which is similar to Destroyer Gray for the Challenger/Charger. The standard Rubicon wheels match the ones in DanW's added video. There are 2 Red 4-door videos out there with the same wheels.

Eugene the Jeep

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU in black
If you go to Jeep.com and click on the Wrangler JL, at the bottom you can download the JL e-brochure. It shows the Rubicon and Sahara wheels that match those in the documents in this thread. It also shows an optional soft-wrapped dash with accent stitching as an option for the Rubicon. Has a Sport model with the optional wheels, also. A lot of other info, too The color of the brochure looks similar to the Sting-Gray color in the late-availability picture which is similar to Destroyer Gray for the Challenger/Charger. The standard Rubicon wheels match the ones in DanW's added video. There are 2 Red 4-door videos out there with the same wheels.
There's several documents out with inconsistent info so I'd take everything with a grain of salt right now. For example this is the first I've read about optional soft-wrapped dash with accent stitching for the Rubicon. So it could be wrong or maybe later-availability. @JAY did say Jeep was working on more trim options to come so maybe this is one of those future trim options for the Rubicon (I hope!)
Sponsored