Sponsored

2018 Jeep Wrangler Optional & Standard Features Availability Per Trim (Sport, Sahara, Rubicon)

Jonny

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hope a new JL (Previously had a JKU)
No vented seat option? :(

I thought I saw that they would be offered from the owners manual.
Sponsored

cnyjl

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet JLUR, 2019 Ram Rebel Crew, 2019 HD FLTRXS, 2018 HD FLFBS ANV
My point is Jeep is advertising passive entry but it's not an available option yet that can be ordered in their system according to forum members. Will dealers get a first run of wranglers without passive entry because it can't be ordered? What if a customer really wants that option? They have to wait another 3-6 months for their Wrangler? Similar situation with paint options. IMO, Jeep should not have opened the order banks until all variables are finalized.
Not unusual with FCA. When the revised Challengers came out in 2015, literature showed the Scat Packs having Scat Pack embroidered on the front seats and a center gauge start up scat pack bee. They didn't make it into the scat packs until about six months into production. On top of that they wouldn't even reprogram the center gauge start up screen for the customers without the scat pack start up bee. Somewhere in their literature is a disclaimer that not all features or options may be available at launch, or something to that effect. And Challengers have always had early and late color options.

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Hey there,

The soft top shown on the JL at the Auto show was a full production top. It was Jeep's decision not to show it with windows. I would assume this is so media and attendees at the show could operate the top easier and so windows wouldn't walk off with someone.

The JLU with the soft top was on the show floor with no rope to hold back media when i left the event Wednesday.

*CassieAtBestop

I think it’s fair to say Jeep really wasn’t quite ready for the reveal. But after committing to the L.A. show they had to reveal something. To be fair it’s not just Jeep, clearly bestop is behind as well, hence they didn’t even bring their windows to the show. Wouldn’t be surprised to see a few more delays moving forward.

I bought a GMC Terrain in 2010 (the year it 1st came out). By 2011 hey we’re using a different engine in all model lines.

It stinks cuz, my truck is paid off this year, I really want a Rubi, I love the shade of blue coming out..... but I’m still very hesitant with some foreseeable headaches. It also doesn’t help I wanted to stay around $47k and I don’t know if that’s possible anymore either with the price hike. A new fully loaded F-150 goes for $46

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
So which is standard on the JLUR?
uconnect.png

Truluc77

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee and JL on order
So....does this mean we still think the all black wheels are the standard Rubi wheels and the wheels with the silver/polished lip are the optional ones?

Sponsored

RobNY

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 TJ

DukeofJeep

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTI, 2013 JKUR 10th Anniversary Edition, 2004 TJ Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase

Jeepster2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Never pays to buy the first model year just to be the newbie on the block. Looking at late summer or fall 2018...wondering when exactly the 2019 roll out? Allow Jeep to get all the glitches worked out from initial ramp up and change over.

I bought a GMC Terrain in 2010 (the year it 1st came out). By 2011 hey we’re using a different engine in all model lines.

Sponsored

drdr

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
I think this is a little incorrect. It mentions 8.4 being in a package for sport but the package on the sport list the 7in.
Its not clear and a bit contradictory, for the JLU Sahara, it seems like it comes standard with an 8.4" but if you look at the standard specs on the Jeep website for the Sahara it seems like the 7" is standard and you need to upgrade to the Infotainment group to get the 8.4". With that you get the upgraded stereo etc which I don't really need.

Any clarification on all of this, what is standard for the Sahara, what is actually in the Infotainment group would be much appreciated. Thank you

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Never pays to buy the first model year just to be the newbie on the block. Looking at late summer or fall 2018...wondering when exactly the 2019 roll out? Allow Jeep to get all the glitches worked out from initial ramp up and change over.
Not even necessarily initial glitches, but just better understanding what's available. Also, not my sales guy, but someone else said to expect fully loaded 4DR to be $60k+ (MSRP) out the door (tax/title/registration). If that's the case, SEE YA. Thought he was wrong initially until I saw the $3500 for auto trans option... maybe he's right, as just the auto trans alone + tax/title/reg would be $8k. Granted, I'd be paying 2-3% under invoice, but still.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Also, not my sales guy, but someone else said to expect fully loaded 4DR to be $60k+ (MSRP) out the door (tax/title/registration). If that's the case, SEE YA.
Never understand why the people who have to have it Fully Loaded are the ones so sensitive to price. :movember:

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mazda3, 2013 Toyota Corolla, 1999 Lexus GS300
Took a quick gander at the list. Looks like a bunch of stuff that I thought was going to be standard on the Rubicon are optional nickle and diming packages. What gives? Base price of a 2-door Rubicon should be going around $30K starting then. If it's close to $40K before options, forget it. I'll take my business elsewhere.

Last edited:

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Never understand why the people who have to have it Fully Loaded are the ones so sensitive to price. :movember:
Not sure. But I'm sensitive to the fact that we might be seeing what you could realistically say for most people is closer to a $5,000 base price increase over the prior model, given the take rate on manuals. And that makes me think -- if that's really true -- what other packages have they suddenly drastically increased in price as well? Which makes me think I am going to be paying $10,000 more for some extra safety equipment and a nicer interior. It starts to lose it's luster quickly at that point, and I am a buyer solely because of the increase in daily comforts compared to prior models -- but not at that $ increase. And of course, Sahara is an option, but typically in the past the Rubicon Resale has paid for the additional cost of admission.

FWIW, I was one of the proponents of the $2500 base price increase, and was (I thought) conservatively expecting to pay ~$3-5k over the prior loaded JKU. I hope I'm wrong... still kind of think I will be... It would be a bad move on FCA to charge $3500 for an "option" that 97% of people take. Feels very shady at that point. I wish FCA would have just released all pricing information first day of LA auto show.
Sponsored

Last edited: