Sponsored

2018 Jeep Wrangler Optional & Standard Features Availability Per Trim (Sport, Sahara, Rubicon)

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
So passive entry can't even be ordered now? Jeep needs to get their stuff together or they will have a lot of dissatisfied customers.
Lol. If you're ordering this early in the game and complaining that you don't know what you're getting, I don't think jeep or anyone else is going to feel sorry for you.
Sponsored

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
I think it’s fair to say Jeep really wasn’t quite ready for the reveal. But after committing to the L.A. show they had to reveal something. To be fair it’s not just Jeep, clearly bestop is behind as well, hence they didn’t even bring their windows to the show. Wouldn’t be surprised to see a few more delays moving forward.

I bought a GMC Terrain in 2010 (the year it 1st came out). By 2011 hey we’re using a different engine in all model lines.

It stinks cuz, my truck is paid off this year, I really want a Rubi, I love the shade of blue coming out..... but I’m still very hesitant with some foreseeable headaches. It also doesn’t help I wanted to stay around $47k and I don’t know if that’s possible anymore either with the price hike. A new fully loaded F-150 goes for $46

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Lol. If you're ordering this early in the game and complaining that you don't know what you're getting, I don't think jeep or anyone else is going to feel sorry for you.
My point is Jeep is advertising passive entry but it's not an available option yet that can be ordered in their system according to forum members. Will dealers get a first run of wranglers without passive entry because it can't be ordered? What if a customer really wants that option? They have to wait another 3-6 months for their Wrangler? Similar situation with paint options. IMO, Jeep should not have opened the order banks until all variables are finalized.

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
My point is Jeep is advertising passive entry but it's not an available option yet that can be ordered in their system according to forum members. Will dealers get a first run of wranglers without passive entry because it can't be ordered? What if a customer really wants that option? They have to wait another 3-6 months for their Wrangler? Similar situation with paint options. IMO, Jeep should not have opened the order banks until all variables are finalized.
Why not? If people want to order before details/pricing are finalized, let them have at it. I’ll be waiting.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Why not? If people want to order before details/pricing are finalized, let them have at it. I’ll be waiting.
Can't argue with that.

Now there's a heated discussion in another thread about how much the 8A option will cost.

$1,400 like the JK or $3,500 according to an internal Jeep doc.

They list the 2.0/8A as $2,000 and 3.6/8A as $3,500 options. Weird.

I'll be waiting until they hit the lots. I'm not in any hurry.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
They also advertised the 2.0 turbo and it can't be ordered yet either. This is normal.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
PUSH BUTTON START QUESTION

Can someone that understands the push button start system explain to me how it can be standard on all models when the sentry key is also listed as standard on all models? If you have push button start you never use a key to start it so therefore an engine disabling key would be useless. Also why would the passive entry be an option if you already have a push button start as you already have a fob in your pocket that will allow the vehicle to start so why wouldn't it also unlock? Thanks in advance for your replies.
Correct. You need the key fob in the vehicle in order to start the engine. Passive entry is completely separate but also requires the key fob to unlock the doors. The sentry key is built into the fob electronics.

The basic Sport also has push button start but has manual locks so you have to use the physical key to unlock the door. At least with the Sport S and higher you can use the remote to unlock the doors or opt for passive smart entry.

Most vehicles now include push button start while leaving passive entry as a separate option or only included with higher trim levels. I imagine it costs less to produce a push button start than a traditional key ignition switch nowadays. The 2018 Accord has adopted the same system. Push button standard on all trim levels but passive entry only on higher trims.

Mercedes was the first to introduce smart keys in the late 90s.

OP
OP
JAY

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Sponsored

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Thanks Jay, interesting to say the least as to conflicts.
The LED package is also a mystery. It shows the LED headlights available across all trims but when you scroll down to the LED package it only shows optional on sahara and rubi.

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Am I reading this correctly that the standard is the 3.6 and 6spd manual but if you want the 8spd auto it's $3,500? WTF

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Yea I was going to say that just can't be right. It's usually something like a $1,200 option and it adds hill descent. $3,500 would make me strongly consider the 6spd. or at least test drive one.
Sponsored