Sponsored

2018 Jeep Wrangler Optional & Standard Features Availability Per Trim (Sport, Sahara, Rubicon)

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Take a look at the OP. The 2 door Rubicon, JLU Sport, JLU sahara, and JLU rubicon all come with premium top. The only one that doesn’t is the 2 door Sport. Sad!
You mean the premium top is optional for JL Rubi, and all JLU trims.

top.jpg
Sponsored

DropTheTop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5
NO premium top option for Sport (available on the JK)
NO LED headlight option for Sport (available on the JK)
NO off road upgrade for the Sport (available on the JK)
NO 8.4 inch Uconnect for the Sport
NO painted roof for the Sport
NO power top for the Sport
NO LED taillights for the Sport

And for that reason..

51EFFEFD-D5D6-4B80-B4C5-2BEE22D4AA15.gif

Time to cross shop an 18’ JK with a Tacoma
Yep, I was waiting for a Sport S, but the JLU sport with steelies and crank will cost as much as the JKU SportS with Power Windows. Not worth having to pay more for less. The Sport and Sport S won't sell well until the JK stops being available on lots.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Wait I thought the V6 was the same as JK. Has it been updated from 2018 JK?

What is EVIC?
The Pentastar is the New PUG that was introduced last year to other models, it offeres efficiency improvements as well as delivering the torque a little earlier in the RPM range.
http://articles.sae.org/14322/
https://www.allpar.com/mopar/V6/PUG-2015.php
http://australiancar.reviews/2016_Pentastar_V6.php

EVIC is the electronic controll centre that provides additional info about engine & transmission temps, tire pressures, digital speedo, MPG, DTE, radio content, GPS instructions, etc, and allows you to modify things like lights-off & power delay, horn on lock/remote-start, 1st press unlock all doors, unlock all doors when placed in park, etc.
Some of those items can be adjusted through special combos without the EVIC.

AE7AF921-C6ED-4C38-9D48-584DEFFEB8CB.jpeg

And another big update that I forgot to mention earlier and something I wanted on all mine but had barriers to acccess due to model or timing, Standard Side Airbags, which used to be a $400 Cdn option not available on the Sport in the past.

They all do add up with the more minor stuff. Especially considering some of the $2K is just inflation.
Also not sure if the expected $2K increase is for JKU as well, it was initially touted as an increase to the very Base of the JK->JL, not sure if that extended to the JKU->JLU.

Aaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 C7 Corvette Stingray
Yes this is confusing, I suspect that like many companies you have to buy some options as part of a package. In other words you want this bit and that bob you will have to buy them together in order to get one or the other. This is pretty common with all manufacturers, and some just bundle options into specific trim levels and don't even offer the option a-la-carte and hence the lack of inclusion as a separate order item.
Correct, but my point was that the highlighted material says it's not available on the sport as an "option" but it is available in a "package." When you scroll down to the appropriate "package," it says it's NOT available. They can't both be correct.

Maxwellfish

First Name
Maxwellfish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
No mention of the 3.73 axles in the Rubi. :movember:

No mention of lockers in the Sahara, yet the pics showed a Shara in 4Auto wih centre and front & rears locked? :whatsgoingon:

No KM2s on the Rubi? :surprised:

3 Options (2 Duellers, and GY Adventures for Sahara [I’d take the Adventures]).

Alarm stil only protects doors and loft-gate, not hood? WTF the extra plunger switch for then? :whatsgoingon:
What determines which tire for the Sahara out of those three??

Sponsored

Niteshooter

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Jeep CJ7, 86 T-Bird Turbo Coupe, 00 Saturn, 10 smart, 11 JK
Vehicle Showcase
The only style point I'm lukewarm on with the JL are the hourglass taillights but I would bet at some point there will be aftermarket replacements so I don't think it would be the end of the world.
If you look closely, they are the outline of a Jeep![/QUOTE]

Well I suppose if I really looked hard enough and imagined a view from above maybe. Though I suppose you could use your imagination to see just about anything. ;)

toast_elvis.jpg

Solar Sailor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
In the JK order process, adding the cold weather option ALSO changed the tires to all terrain B F Goodrich K02. I REALLY hope this tire change carries over with the JL Sport S order process (2 door in my case).

MattK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Rubicon
So, I thought we lived in the space age. LED lighting is optional? Hehe. :)

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
MotorMan, if your timeline for a rig isn't right now, I suggest waiting for Bronco. As a Ford shareholder, I know we are gunning to compete with Wrangler
Is it going to have an IFS front end?

Sponsored

joem

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 j/k
has anyone figured out whether or not the windows on the 2dr modular 3pc. hardtop are going to be removable-i saw a demo of them being removed but it was the 4 door power hardtop they were installed on

Maxwellfish

First Name
Maxwellfish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Can anyone make sense as to why passive entry is listed as an option ( not part of a package)? I didn't see that option when I ordered... Late availability?

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
has anyone figured out whether or not the windows on the 2dr modular 3pc. hardtop are going to be removable-i saw a demo of them being removed but it was the 4 door power hardtop they were installed on
No. The Freedom top essentially is the same as JK. The rear quarter windows are only removable on the power top and soft top.

There was some anticipation that might change in the next few years if Jeep adopts that feature to the freedom top as well. Might be another reason for me to hold out another year or two.

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Can anyone make sense as to why passive entry is listed as an option ( not part of a package)? I didn't see that option when I ordered... Late availability?
I would like to know this too.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
So passive entry can't even be ordered now? Jeep needs to get their stuff together or they will have a lot of dissatisfied customers.
Sponsored