Sponsored

2018 Jeep Wrangler Optional & Standard Features Availability Per Trim (Sport, Sahara, Rubicon)

Izzy901

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Grand Cherokee
Unfortunately that’s part of ordering early before the dealer can navigate the the system and configure it as possible. Now that both you and they would know it is in fact an available option, then they could’ve gotten assistance in configuring it.
Why does it show with the Uconnect 7in, a dash as in not available then? But it's avail
You have highlighted something that is contradicted in the packages descriptions. The infotainment package that includes the 8.4 radio is NOT available in Sport or Sport S. The only radio upgrade is (supposedly) the 7” included in the technology group.

I’m a first time factory order person, but the JL will be my 3rd Wrangler Sport S.
And if you want to go even further, why/how would the 8.4in and 5in be standard on the Sahara and Rubicon and 7in be a package? That's why I'm thinking some of this is incorrect.
Sponsored

TPFilm1994

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sport S
My first Jeep was a ‘15 JKU. Was the Sport trim named Sport before the JK? Either way, since, what, 2008?, the Sport has had black flares.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Well the Sport is what used to be called a Sport-B or Basic/Base/BareBones and treated as such. And open canvass for modders, not people trying to penny-pinch a Willys made by FCA. It’s the basis for the Build-it don’t buy-it folks. And for those of us who truly want just the basics Bob.

I wonder if I can Mopar a steel bumper, body-painted flares, and body-painted hard-top? Maybe Ape knows. Those are the key features I want and don't want the added costs and features of a Rubicon to get them.
Of course you can, heck you can Mopar pretty much any configuration you want.
I was gonna Mopar the Arctic Edt’s Instrument cluster into my old Rubi because it is better in sunlight and twilight wit h the roof off, but couldn’t get past the mental barrier of the $350 cost because you need to order the whole thing, not just the gauge faces.

What I would suggest is wait, until some other jeeper/builder with the part you want sells them on Craig’s list or eBay when they change them for other parts. Cheaper than Mopar, but sometimes harder to find, whereas your dealer is always ready to add to their existing Mopar orders and take their cut.
If you’re lucky you can even negotiate OEM take-offs from the dealer or an after-market company that does upgrades/mods, usually you can haggle those prices, sometimes even better than the other sources if you can wait them out a few days.

You want it, you can definitely build-it, unlike most other vehicles.

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
And as an O-ption for the Sport. But considering the 7-in is right above it, do you think it’s a typo or they are trying to trick you?

So for that.. get a JK that has none of the features you’re stuck on, or a Tacoma that is nothing like a Wrangler? :movember:
The JK Sport has EVERYTHING but LED taillights and 8.4 uconnect for obvious reasons.. premium soft top and LED headlights can be had on Willys trim (which adds mud terrains, rubi shocks and LSD). Only thing missing from a JK is superior transmission/modern styling.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
The JK Sport has EVERYTHING but LED taillights and 8.4 uconnect for obvious reasons.. premium soft top and LED headlights can be had on Willys trim (which adds mud terrains, rubi shocks and LSD). Only thing missing from a JK is superior transmission/modern styling.
Again, so you’re gonna drop the JL because?

LED headlights are vailaboe on JL but you don’t want to pay for them in whatever package that requires of a Sport or Sport S.

You want a Power Top, not available on JK.

You wanted a painted top.... which doesn’t come wih the power top, so moot point as that’s gonna be a Mopar add-on anyways.

How much of that list is real, and how much is simply ‘not your specific configuration’?

Again, if it’s that easy to push you into a Tacoma, it’s less about the Wrangler than those features, all of which ar simple add-ons even by the dealer.

Sponsored

Solar Sailor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Thanks...that PDF gives me everything I need to know...EXCEPT ...pricing.

Once the 2 door order banks open and have pricing I can get serious about placing an order. It looks like a 2 door Sport S with some few options will fill my needs/wants...I might drool over a Rubicon with the same options but that would be a waste since I have no need for the extra capability. Of course, a Sport S with those great looking Rubicon tires would look mighty fine in my opinion.

TexTJ209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep CJ-7, 1973 Jeep J2000 Gladiator

The metal bits are fenders. Not flares. Black plastic flares attached to the fenders on the CJ, YJ and TJ. JK introduced the hybrid "flender," as it was jokingly called at the time.

WaltA

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Rubicon X, 2003 Mustang GT, 2003 MINI Cooper
Tilt/telescoping steering column — manual — — — S S S S

Tilt/telescoping steering column — manual S S S S S S S
I am not too sure what the difference is, between these two lines?

TPFilm1994

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sport S
I don’t think this pdf is accurate. For example: the LEDs are listed as available in packages for the base Sport and Sport S. But when you look at packages LEDs are ONLY available on Sahara and Rubicon. Plus the aforementioned U-Connect 7 & 8 discrepancy.

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Again, so you’re gonna drop the JL because?

LED headlights are vailaboe on JL but you don’t want to pay for them in whatever package that requires of a Sport or Sport S.

You want a Power Top, not available on JK.

You wanted a painted top.... which doesn’t come wih the power top, so moot point as that’s gonna be a Mopar add-on anyways.

How much of that list is real, and how much is simply ‘not your specific configuration’?

Again, if it’s that easy to push you into a Tacoma, it’s less about the Wrangler than those features, all of which ar simple add-ons even by the dealer.
Dude I’m not sure why you wont let up but neither the sport nor the sport s have available LED headlights. If I can’t have the premium soft top, then I’d like the power top. Which I also can’t have. And yes I can get a Sport with a painted hard top. Look at all the special edition sport JKs available.

WaltA

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Rubicon X, 2003 Mustang GT, 2003 MINI Cooper
Fender flares S S — S S — —

Black, one piece — — — — — — —

Two piece — body color insert — — O — — S O

Two piece — Rubicon — — S — — — S
Does this mean that Black, one piece, fenders aren't available on any model?

And that on the Rubicon, the high clearance fenders are standard, but you can optional "downgrade" to the body colored regular fenders of the Sahara?
Sponsored