Sponsored

2018 Jeep Wrangler Optional & Standard Features Availability Per Trim (Sport, Sahara, Rubicon)

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Based on new order guide, automatic headlights is a Sport S standard. I plan on going katskin leather which provided the leather on the white JLU Sport from the LA auto show.
I actually don't feel so bad about taking the Sport S route now since the Sahara is out of the que$tion, but I'm excited that I'll eventually have RED leather interior <3. Plus those body colored fenders can always be purchased down the road.
Sponsored

Izzy901

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Grand Cherokee
I actually don't feel so bad about taking the Sport S route now since the Sahara is out of the que$tion, but I'm excited that I'll eventually have RED leather interior <3. Plus those body colored fenders can always be purchased down the road.
I meant JL but exactly. I donā€™t like red all that much but granite crystal with black top and fenders with black rims and bumpers mixing red accents with red leather is shaping up to be my Sport S by next Summer. Assuming I get my Sport S by January/February and can begin modding. :facepalm:

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Would love to do a spring early summer order but so hesitant on first year model.
Iā€™m kind of in the same boat although this is apparently the most tested Jeep that theyā€™ve released. Iā€™m just waiting for reviews to come out and Iā€™ll decide in April/May whether or not Iā€™ll buy or wait until the 2019s...

Jeepster2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Which model are you looking at as of now?

Dec 13 should provide some answers with pricing....

Iā€™m kind of in the same boat although this is apparently the most tested Jeep that theyā€™ve released. Iā€™m just waiting for reviews to come out and Iā€™ll decide in April/May whether or not Iā€™ll buy or wait until the 2019s...

Sponsored

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Which model are you looking at as of now?

Dec 13 should provide some answers with pricing....
Iā€™m looking at the JLU Sahara with most likely an 3.6L Auto unless the 2.0L can persuade me that itā€™s reliable and doesnā€™t have any bugs.

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 1989 Toyota standard cab pickup
Based on new order guide, automatic headlights is a Sport S standard. I plan on going katskin leather which provided the leather on the white JLU Sport from the LA auto show.
Where's the new order guide?Edit: Never mind just found it.

Automatic headlights was keeping me from considering a Sport S over Rubicon. I know it's kind of a trivial thing but I got used to them. I have an old truck without automatic headlights and I'm always forgetting to turn them off during twilight hours.

I can get pretty much everything I want and "need" with a Sport S and build the rest. If it saves me thousands, I may go that route.

joem

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 j/k
does anyone have any idea how the convenience group is going to be configured with a manual transmission jeep-it consists of garage door remote and remote starting but remote starting isnt available with manual trans. and id still like garage remote if available

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
If you look at the order guide for the convenience group you can see there are separate rows for w/DEM and w/DEM/ACE.

Thats because the pricing is different if you have manual or cold weather group. because remote start doesn't work with manual and is also included in cold weather group. So each row has a different price.

So there will be one price that includes remote start and one that doesn't.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...guide-4-door-jlu-u-s-order-bank-is-open.1467/

Last edited:

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
Remote start can work with manuals, if you train yourself to leave it in neutral when you park. Do we know for certain Jeep won't offer it?

(Not saying I want it, but I'll admit during the winter it's tempting.)

Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
Remote start can work with manuals, if you train yourself to leave it in neutral when you park. Do we know for certain Jeep won't offer it?

(Not saying I want it, but I'll admit during the winter it's tempting.)
While it *can* work I'm not aware of any current factory installed remote start system that supports manuals (but willing to be corrected on that).

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Remote start can work with manuals, if you train yourself to leave it in neutral when you park.
I would hope the JL has vastly better parking brakes! lol

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
If you look at the order guide Remote Start is offered as a standalone option on Sahara and Rubicon. And if you look at that option it says "N/A with manual" so pretty much no.

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
While it *can* work I'm not aware of any current factory installed remote start system that supports manuals (but willing to be corrected on that).
The order guide makes it explicit: remote start is "N/A w/manual transmission." Nevvvah mind.

Revelation17

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 Corvette; '19 JLRU (Manual, Firecracker red)
Occupation
slave for "the man"
Vehicle Showcase
I still donā€™t know why they canā€™t have a sensor to know that youā€™re in neutral. Seems dumb that they donā€™t offer it. Itā€™s not going to sway me from getting a manual but itā€™s still annoying.
Sponsored