Sponsored

2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara First Real Window Sticker (with Options Pricing/MSRP)

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
so if i understand this then msrp is 36995 and FWP same as tread lighlty is 35250
Then 35250 is about 4.95 %
35250 x 1.0495= 36994.875 if i did this correctly then treadlighlty is about 4.95% below Msrp? does that sound right?
Sponsored

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
so if i understand this then msrp is 36995 and FWP same as tread lighlty is 35250
Then 35250 is about 4.95 %
35250 x 1.0495= 36994.875 if i did this correctly then treadlighlty is about 4.95% below Msrp? does that sound right?
FWP is dealer invoice. Tread lightly should get you 1% below invoice.

I don't think you can assume 5% discount off msrp to calculate invoice. It depends on trim level and options.

What are FFP and EP? Friends and Family? Employee Price?

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
No that is not what I did I took jeep dealers guy example and back calculated the number based upon the msrp that is where the 4.95% comes from It was just based on the vehicle only. But it eems to me that tread lighlty discount applies to the entire vehicle as it is configured. so if info tainment package is XX then the cost with tread lighlt is msrp of the infotainment minus 4.95 % . It seem like we know the MSRP of the jeep was 36995 Right and the next column over is 35250 which is the FWP ( also tread lightly) I hope this is right but not sure if this how the bean counters do it.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
No that is not what I did I took jeep dealers guy example and back calculated the number based upon the msrp that is where the 4.95% comes from It was just based on the vehicle only. But it eems to me that tread lighlty discount applies to the entire vehicle as it is configured. so if info tainment package is XX then the cost with tread lighlt is msrp of the infotainment minus 4.95 % . It seem like we know the MSRP of the jeep was 36995 Right and the next column over is 35250 which is the FWP ( also tread lightly) I hope this is right but not sure if this how the bean counters do it.
FWP is the invoice price. Not the Tread Lightly price. that is the FFP price.

I think what we are saying is that 4-5% off of MSRP may be ok back of the envelope but it won't give you a true number.

You need to know the invoice cost of every item on the vehicle.

Which will not be that hard once we have pricing. The dealer will show it to you or you can get it off of KBB.

portony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Liberty 70th Limited
Occupation
Landscape Designer
Yesterday, @JLWF Dealer Guy located a 2018 JLU Sahara in KZ status showing up in the system as going to a dealership in Marietta, Georgia (just north of Atlanta) of all places.

We were able to pull up the window sticker for our first look at a final retail sticker with MSRP for vehicle/options pricing.

As you can see the $37,345 base price matches with the released pricing for the 4-door Sahara JLU.

Some optional equipment prices listed:
  • Leather Trimmed Seats with Sahara Logo - $1,495
    • Leather-Wrapped Park Brake Handle
    • Leather-Wrapped Shift Knob
  • Electronic Infotainment System Group - $1,295
    • Uconnect 4C NAV with 8.4-inch display
    • GPS Navigation
    • Alpine Premium Audio System
    • Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror
    • Roadside Assistance and 911 Call
    • HD Radio
    • 1-Year Sirius XM Guardian Service
    • 5-Year Sirius XM Traffic Service
    • 5-Year Sirius XM Travel Link Service
  • 8-Speed Automatic Transmission - $2,000
    • Hill Descent Control
    • Tip Start
  • Premium Black Sunrider Soft Top - $595
  • 18-inch x 7.5-inch Tech Gray Polished Face Wheels - $895
  • Remote Start System (N/A w/Manual Transmission) - $495
  • Destination Charge - $1,195
Total Price - $45,315

Window-Sticker-2018-Jeep-Wrangler-Unlimited-Sahara-JLU.jpg

For comparison, here is a 2018 JKU Sahara built almost the same, note price difference.

JK.jpg
This does not include the Select Trac option, correct?

Sponsored

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
Cobbling together various reported option prices, and estimating $2k on the body color top, puts me at $50,465. :surprised: Before dealer discount and sales tax of course. I'm hoping after the initial demand dies down I'll be able to negotiate to something like $45,000 plus tax. Still a lot of money.
What other options are you adding in there? I'm doing the same thing. My dealer has one incoming, I think I'm young to put my name on it tomorrow and give down payment. They also said adding a name to it will speed up delivery! But it looks to have all I want. I'm still confused as to what dash color you get with Rubicon. And are they all metal on Rubicon? I watched video of designer at debut and he seemed to say depending on vehicle color the metal dash accent will be grey or red on Rubicons. Any ideas anyone? I'm looking at Granite Crystal btw. I'm thinking with TL discount (they do honor it) if I can get what I want for 45k I'll live (JLU) Rub. I'll post the dealer oder sheet in a few.....

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
Shop around. What you are able to negotiate on the price varies greatly dependent on the dealership. Example:

Dealership A (20 minutes north of me): Would not come a penny off of MSRP. They stated that they could not sell below sticker unless I was eligible for affiliate pricing.

Dealership B (20 minutes south of me): We can give you 12% off of MSRP on a Rubicon.

Close to a $5,000 difference between dealerships that are 40 minutes from each other.
On JL?

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Police Officer
Dealer cost is Invoice, yes, invoice, - hold back HB on the Rubicon POC so 43019-1331 = $41682 True cost to the dealer. Then you have to add in "pack" costs. This is paying someone to program and PDI the vehicle. And internal costs if the tint it or add some other dealer add. True cost to the dealer on this would be somewhere in the neighborhood of $42000. That's it, there is no hidden, we get more money that you don't see. That's it.

IF and that's a big IF sales volume goals are met, the dealer can get back on each new sold vehicle somewhere between 200-600 per car. Not a big chunk by any means. That money is actually used to pay the employees for their hard work. Thats it.

We make money on F&I service and parts. And, hopefully referral business.
Thanks for that info.

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Police Officer
Here's the dealer order sheet with my approx. options pricing so far........
I want to pull the trigger!

15136480998881029276392.jpg

Sponsored

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
I'm still confused as to what dash color you get with Rubicon. And are they all metal on Rubicon? I watched video of designer at debut and he seemed to say depending on vehicle color the metal dash accent will be grey or red on Rubicons. Any ideas anyone? I'm looking at Granite Crystal btw.
I believe the black interior gets red dash and tan gets grey dash.

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Police Officer