Sponsored

2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara First Real Window Sticker (with Options Pricing/MSRP)

Green Ranger

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD 2018 JLU Unlimited - Tank Green
Canadian prices will be ridiculous!
Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
Steel bumper is one thing I was thinking of doing after market. That is one thing that really differentiates all the Wranglers out there... so go pick a cool looking one.

My thinking is... I can get a rear one that has a beefy rear tire carrier and a tow hitch built in. So I'd be saving myself on getting the tow package from factory.
Keep in mind that the factory tow package has all the wiring done AND includes the 4 position AUX panel switches installed and wired up in the cabin.

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
no money is a figure of speech...but one thing everybody agrees on is...dealers are NOTHING without the service dept.
Or more correctly, service departments are skilled in ripping people off. Always trained to upsell you at every stop. That's why I change my own oil and do basic filter and part changes. I usually only go back to the dealer for warranty work or electronic/OBD computer needs.

theplankeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
Just wait till you people with diesel fetish syndrome go to the dealer! It is death by getting bent over and over and over and over...every visit. Service departments have their fetish too. No reach around though.

PhoenixM3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GR86, 2023 Wrangler JLURD
Here's my best guess for a JLU Rubicon, fully optioned, with a diesel. I took some of the info from the Ram site some from the JK build and price.

• $40,195 - 2019 JLU Rubicon
  • $4,270 - 3.0L EcoDiesel (From Ram site)
  • $2000 - 8-Speed auto
  • $1495 - Leather trimmed seats group
  • $1295 - Electronics/Infotainment group
  • $1250 - Cold weather group (This is a guess)
  • $795 - Safety group
  • $895 - LED group
  • $795 - Trailer group
  • $2185 - Dual tops group (from JKU)
  • $1195 - Delivery charge
Grand total: $56370.

That's pretty pricey for any car, let alone a Wrangler. Maybe we can hope that the diesel upgrade isn't the same price as the Ram.
I thought the diesel only came with Auto tranny. They can’t charge you $2K for the 8 speed, I believe.

Sponsored

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 1989 Toyota standard cab pickup
Invoice price: The dealers most certainly make more than ~$1500 on a vehicle. According to the prices in this thread (at the time of this writing we only have the 2 door Rubicon MSRP and invoice prices) https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-price-w-invoice-sport-s-sahara-rubicon.2388/. The difference for that 2 door Rubicon (no options) is $36,995 MSRP minus invoice $35,250, that's only $1745 profit assuming you pay MSRP. (Which you should never do). Damn near everyone on the planet knows to shop invoice price and often are able to buy below invoice. The dealers are not giving cars and trucks and Jeeps away at a loss. There are hold-backs and other incentives the dealer receives from the factory. Is the invoice price really the invoice price? I am skeptical. I think invoice has no meaning because everyone knows that's the target price, invoice has become MSRP to a large extent. Yes the dealership can make money off a sale in other ways, but do not think they are loosing money even when they sell below invoice. When I buy a new vehicle, it rarely if ever sees a dealer again, only if I have warranty issues, and I'm happy to report my 2014 JKUR has had no issues. :) So the dealer makes no money off me after the sale.

TCS1666

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GMC Sierra Denali - 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 (ordered) - 2017 GMC Acadia Denali (sold)
Invoice price: The dealers most certainly make more than ~$1500 on a vehicle. According to the prices in this thread (at the time of this writing we only have the 2 door Rubicon MSRP and invoice prices) https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-price-w-invoice-sport-s-sahara-rubicon.2388/. The difference for that 2 door Rubicon (no options) is $36,995 MSRP minus invoice $35,250, that's only $1745 profit assuming you pay MSRP. (Which you should never do). Damn near everyone on the planet knows to shop invoice price and often are able to buy below invoice. The dealers are not giving cars and trucks and Jeeps away at a loss. There are hold-backs and other incentives the dealer receives from the factory. Is the invoice price really the invoice price? I am skeptical. I think invoice has no meaning because everyone knows that's the target price, invoice has become MSRP to a large extent. Yes the dealership can make money off a sale in other ways, but do not think they are loosing money even when they sell below invoice. When I buy a new vehicle, it rarely if ever sees a dealer again, only if I have warranty issues, and I'm happy to report my 2014 JKUR has had no issues. :) So the dealer makes no money off me after the sale.
You have MSRP, Dealer Invoice and then Dealer Cost. No one other than the dealer knows what its true cost is for that vehicle. There are hold-backs and manufacturer incentives (sales goals) that will never be discussed with customers. It is true that if you catch a desperate dealer at the right time, you can get an awesome sub-invoice deal. However, I guarantee the dealer is making money somewhere - it may not be on that vehicle, but somewhere...

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
You have MSRP, Dealer Invoice and then Dealer Cost. No one other than the dealer knows what its true cost is for that vehicle. There are hold-backs and manufacturer incentives (sales goals) that will never be discussed with customers. It is true that if you catch a desperate dealer at the right time, you can get an awesome sub-invoice deal. However, I guarantee the dealer is making money somewhere - it may not be on that vehicle, but somewhere...
I spend 0 time trying to figure out how much money a dealer has in a vehicle.

I focus on knowing what a good, fair but aggressive price is for that vehicle and know about any incentives I can leverage.

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
Being a brand new model the dealers probably won’t go much further than 2%. If you don’t buy it, they have a lot of time to sell it.
I knew this going in, I made a conscious decision to buy a car the moment it came out.
It amuses me that everyone is so hung up on how good of a deal they are trying to get. You ordered a car before it was released, only “good deals” are going to be on JKs. Wait a year and you’ll get that extra 1% you’re praying for.
Or get tread lightly, try to negotiate a little more, and pay the price to drive a car that has been revolutionized. That is beyond worth the price bump everyone keeps crying about.

Sponsored

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Jeep Dealer / Singer of Sentimental Ballads
Dealer cost is Invoice, yes, invoice, - hold back HB on the Rubicon POC so 43019-1331 = $41682 True cost to the dealer. Then you have to add in "pack" costs. This is paying someone to program and PDI the vehicle. And internal costs if the tint it or add some other dealer add. True cost to the dealer on this would be somewhere in the neighborhood of $42000. That's it, there is no hidden, we get more money that you don't see. That's it.

IF and that's a big IF sales volume goals are met, the dealer can get back on each new sold vehicle somewhere between 200-600 per car. Not a big chunk by any means. That money is actually used to pay the employees for their hard work. Thats it.

We make money on F&I service and parts. And, hopefully referral business.

Jason

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR StingGray
Here's my best guess for a JLU Rubicon, fully optioned, with a diesel. I took some of the info from the Ram site some from the JK build and price.

• $40,195 - 2019 JLU Rubicon
  • $4,270 - 3.0L EcoDiesel (From Ram site)
  • $2000 - 8-Speed auto
  • $1495 - Leather trimmed seats group
  • $1295 - Electronics/Infotainment group
  • $1250 - Cold weather group (This is a guess)
  • $795 - Safety group
  • $895 - LED group
  • $795 - Trailer group
  • $2185 - Dual tops group (from JKU)
  • $1195 - Delivery charge
Grand total: $56370.

That's pretty pricey for any car, let alone a Wrangler. Maybe we can hope that the diesel upgrade isn't the same price as the Ram.
Isn’t the 2018 JLU rubicon 40495 msrp? They will 100% have a model year increase on that as well for the 2019.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
so what is the best guess for the tread lightly program in terms of actual dollars on a 4 dr rubcion Is it 1 % below msrp 5% below msrp I know it is 1% above invoice . BUT I don't know what invoice is?
Dealer cost is Invoice, yes, invoice, - hold back HB on the Rubicon POC so 43019-1331 = $41682 True cost to the dealer. Then you have to add in "pack" costs. This is paying someone to program and PDI the vehicle. And internal costs if the tint it or add some other dealer add. True cost to the dealer on this would be somewhere in the neighborhood of $42000. That's it, there is no hidden, we get more money that you don't see. That's it.
See this i don't et becasue the first hread here says the 4 dr cost is 40495

Please explain. Thanks

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Jeep Dealer / Singer of Sentimental Ballads
so what is the best guess for the tread lightly program in terms of actual dollars on a 4 dr rubcion Is it 1 % below msrp 5% below msrp I know it is 1% above invoice . BUT I don't know what invoice is?
See this i don't et becasue the first hread here says the 4 dr cost is 40495

Please explain. Thanks
I was using the posted Rubicon price breakdown vehicle as the example.
24edcb40-143c-4474-8161-d8a62366be40-jpeg.jpg
Sponsored