Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Not many reasons to ever drag race a Wrangler, but still interesting to see how the JL accelerates against the JK.

Sponsored

Demonic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Funny they estimate car length difference without giving a distance. Are you 2 car lengths ahead at 100 feet or a quarter mile...

The_Phew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GTI 6MT
I'm curious to see how the BSG-equipped models do in a drag race (2018 2L and 2019+ 3.6L). That extra torque might make a big difference, or they might program the motor to not contribute at WOT.

Sponsored

SarahMobius

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Plymouth Breeze, Jeep Wrangler JLU
Both manual transmissions? Hopefully.

alphalife9

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 C6, Sting Gray JLUR
I'm curious to see how the BSG-equipped models do in a drag race (2018 2L and 2019+ 3.6L). That extra torque might make a big difference, or they might program the motor to not contribute at WOT.
I've been wondering the same thing... plus better mpg?

Demonic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Was the JK fully warmed up? It seams to be blowing more condesation out the tail pipe in the beginning.

Considering the gearing and transmission advantage the JL has, the JK didn't do to bad.
Per my first post, we don't know how well either car did because we don't know the distance of the race. It's a meaningless comparison.

Rockmaninoff

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sophistijeep.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
MY2014 JKU Overland (RHD) A/T, Mercedes E-class MY2017
I don't care about the end result because like others say, you don't drag race to 1/4 mile or to 60mph from zero... but when you're in traffic and when you want to get ahead, responsiveness and the acceleration in the slower speeds like 0-40mph matter.

Looks like the JK is better at getting the power down from a standstill. When driving a Grand Cherokee SRT with the 8 speed you feel it tapers the power in when going from a standstill. Right now I have to try not to spin the wheels in my JKU at speeds below 40mph when flooring... but that's because of another reason but I love this 5 speed.

Sponsored

SarahMobius

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Plymouth Breeze, Jeep Wrangler JLU
according to the video, both autos.
I missed that, thanks. Drag racing automatics seems a bit silly, but drag racing Wranglers is a bit silly anyway

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
I smoked a JK the other night.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

i find that video hard to believe. (that its that close). of course, this is timed video vs how it felt to me driving them lol

i test drove both back to back twice this weekend, the JL seemed quite a bit quicker than the JK. i test drove 3.21 JK followed by JL. 3.21 felt like a dog.

went to another dealership, test drove 3.73 JK, followed by JL. JL still seemed quicker. my wife said the same thing.

all were auto Sports. im sure the 8 speed auto has a lot to do with it. i was concerned that the 3.45 wouldnt be sufficient and that the 3.73 JK would be the way to go. i did not feel that way any longer after driving the 3.73 JK back to back with JL 3.45.

Sftdyna0326$

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LR4
JLUR vs JKUR no contest! I’ve been at it all week with a friends Jk and the difference really is night n day! That’s all I have to say.
Sponsored